Quantcast
RCMP Officer strangled, thrown in ditch and left for dead - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RCMP Officer strangled, thrown in ditch and left for dead

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Default RCMP Officer strangled, thrown in ditch and left for dead

http://www.q99live.com/news/?news_ac..._action%3Dlist

A serious incident involving an RCMP Officer just south of Wanham this evening. An eye witness tells Q-99 News he came upon the scene and Police had already blocked off Highway 733 and STARS was just leaving around 6:15 pm. Jonathon Hiscock, an owner operator with Gibson's says he was told by Emergency Responders the Officer had pulled someone over and was attacked by the driver and strangled. In his words the Member was 'thrown in the ditch and left for dead." STARS flew the Officer to the QE2 but there are no updates available at this point. When more information is released, Q-99 News will pass it on.
    Hopefully a speedy recovery for the Officer and quick justice for his attacker.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

One thing I don't like about the RCMP and small detachments like that is you're alone.

And Hiscock... Unless I'm totally wrong here I can't for the life of me remember his first name but I know there was and maybe still is a Cst. Hiscock in district 6. May be Jay... Trafficop or Phil can you confirm this?

Hopefully it's not the same guy. Best wishes to the RCMP officer

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Hope he is ok and has a speedy recovery.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

This should put perspective to the dentist thread ...
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I see the point your making but i don't see this kind of attack coming from 110 lbs women. just the same i hope the culprit is caught beaten and flogged. violence in anyway is appalling in this society.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    8P 3.2

I have been passionate on the dentist thread but would hate to see this thread derailed. Comments on the dentist thread should be in the dentist thread.

I agree with your comment about perspective but I hope it does initiate comments that belong in another thread.
    Last edited by frizzlefry; 08-15-2013 at 01:14 AM.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by Shlade
    One thing I don't like about the RCMP and small detachments like that is you're alone.

And Hiscock... Unless I'm totally wrong here I can't for the life of me remember his first name but I know there was and maybe still is a Cst. Hiscock in district 6. May be Jay... Trafficop or Phil can you confirm this?

Hopefully it's not the same guy. Best wishes to the RCMP officer
    Not the same guy. Plus this Hiscock is just a witness, not the victim.
    Last edited by JustGo; 08-15-2013 at 01:23 AM.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Right. Read that a little too fast

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

x2 @ Shlade

RCMP are often working out in the middle of nowhere by themselves, no backup and no partner on shift with them.

When you set people up to be put in these situations it's a wonder they don't happen more often.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Holy crap, that's unreal. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and the culprit(s) being brought to justice.

As an aside, my line mates and I have been talking about this very thing happening to police and peace officers and how fortunate we are to not have to deal with that sort of thing here. But even that is changing... Since our district realignment, combined with us running short all the time, there have been officer in trouble calls that have taken 5+ minutes to respond to.

Scary stuff indeed.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Originally posted by Modelexis
    x2 @ Shlade

RCMP are often working out in the middle of nowhere by themselves, no backup and no partner on shift with them.

When you set people up to be put in these situations it's a wonder they don't happen more often.
    I can't fathom RCMP officers in a remote location not working in pairs. Seems crazy.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Working alone puts you in a bad spot to make some deadly decisions because everyone involved knows the risk.

Case in point:
    http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/asirt-inv...dead-1.1397646
    According to Wetaskiwin RCMP the incident happened around 9:30 p.m. Saturday near Ma-Me-O Beach.

An RCMP officer stopped a driver that he believed was impaired.

ASIRT says two men were shot by an RCMP officer during an impaired driving investigation near Ma-Me-O Beach Saturday.
    Ma Me O Beach shooting, August, 2013

Wetaskiwin RCMP said one of their members fatally shot a 30-year-old man during an impaired driving investigation Saturday night near Ma Me O Beach.

“The RCMP member was working alone in uniform in a marked police vehicle,” ASIRT director Clif Purvis explained.

“The confrontation occurred with five males who were inside the suspect vehicle.”

Purvis said the officer used his gun after he attempted to arrest one of the men and was confronted by the other four individuals.

Several shots were fired and two men inside the vehicle were shot including a 30-year-old man from Pigeon Lake who died on the scene
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    8P 3.2

My company won't even let our field guys work alone and all they are doing is pipeline compression. Can't believe the RCMP allow some of their officers to be alone in the middle of nowhere.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Working alone, get attacked, shoot the attacker. I can't see how anyone would even argue against it. It's too bad this officer didn't get the chance to.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    Working alone, get attacked, shoot the attacker. I can't see how anyone would even argue against it. It's too bad this officer didn't get the chance to.
    This is mostly true but one thing to note according to the new story, there were rounds fired into the vehicle - suggesting the cop fired into the vehicle killing the passenger and wounding another passenger.

Foggy details but seems contradictory to say the officer was confronted by them when they were in the vehicle when shot.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The RCMP would need to make fundamental changes to how they do things if they went with a two man car solution.

They do have rules in place already, for eg. domestics are ALWAYS done with at least two members and a female member if possible.

Roadsides are tough because there is that 1% chance you could be pulling over the guy who just shot his family and/or is amped up on something.
    Last edited by revelations; 08-15-2013 at 09:39 AM.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Originally posted by Modelexis

This is mostly true but one thing to note according to the new story, there were rounds fired into the vehicle - suggesting the cop fired into the vehicle killing the passenger and wounding another passenger.

Foggy details but seems contradictory to say the officer was confronted by them when they were in the vehicle when shot.

Original article said two men from inside the vehicle had died, I assumed it was just poorly worded. Definitely more curious if the rounds were fired into the vehicle.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I think you guys are mixing up two news stories?

One from 10 days ago, where a RCMP tried arresting a DUI, and 4 other people in the vehicle attacked him, and he shot at the truck, the other was yesterday involving STARS

10 days ago

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/asirt-inv...dead-1.1397646

Yesterday

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alberta-r...stop-1.1411762
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by phil98z24
    Holy crap, that's unreal. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery and the culprit(s) being brought to justice.

As an aside, my line mates and I have been talking about this very thing happening to police and peace officers and how fortunate we are to not have to deal with that sort of thing here. But even that is changing... Since our district realignment, combined with us running short all the time, there have been officer in trouble calls that have taken 5+ minutes to respond to.

Scary stuff indeed.
    Had one just yesterday... There are a couple places in the city I would certainly prefer not to work after the realignment.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

Originally posted by JustGo
    Had one just yesterday... There are a couple places in the city I would certainly prefer not to work after the realignment.
    Was that the one yesterday afternoon or was there another one? I was halfway from 1 District to the one with the SRO before 1201 stood everyone down, which is a far cry from the one in Silversprings earlier this summer... what a gong show.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast