Quantcast
My fitness journey/challenge - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: My fitness journey/challenge

Default My fitness journey/challenge

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 10:39 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    NC1

You gotta ask yourself, how bad do you want it???? You want it bad enough, you will get it. Mind over matter especially when it comes to something like this.

Good luck man.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Last edited by Cos; 12-30-2016 at 10:39 AM.

My Ride
    RSTi

Good on you man, it's a rough road that I've gone down as well but fuck it feels great when you get results!

Keep at it!

My Ride
    STi

Default Re: My fitness journey/challenge

Originally posted by Cos

10 months and 25lbs. I could have done it a LOT faster I am sure by stopping drinking, working out EVERY day, eating nothing but chicken, etc. I am not sure I would have stuck with it though. This is what worked for me and I feel a lot better about it to this day.
    You don't need to work out every day if you keep your diet in check. It's one or the other. If you don't want to work out every day, eat healthier.

I started out doing p90x and eating healthier and I was able to lose about 15lbs, which is quite abit since I'm a small guy. I've now been doing doing strong lifts 5x5, 3 times a week for about 2 months now and haven't gained any of the weight back because I eat relatively healthy still. In case you're unfamiliar with 5x5, that's really only 3 compound lifts each work out with some accessory work, if you so desire. You can do a work out in 45 minutes 3 times a week. I wouldn't say that's THAT much effort.

I still eat junk food when I go out for dinner with friends, but at home, I eat the chicken breasts, egg white omelets, etc. It's honestly not that hard to eat healthy if you still give yourself one or two cheat meals a week. Like Max said, if you want it bad enough, you will get it. I was tired of being fat, so I changed my diet and started working out, simple as that.

Keep at it, and good luck

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Cos buddy, I totally know what you are talking about. I was 180 in high school, and I hit 230 for a while. Same as you, I ate garbage, and a hell of a lot of it. Plus a lot of beer. The stretch marks never really bothered me, I got worried when I realized that my favourite jeans didn't come in a size big enough for my expanding waistline. A pretty sedentary lifestyle, and a desk job got me to the point where I had serious back issues. I was waking up in pain in the middle of the night, and I got winded climbing a single flight of stairs.

By no means is my journey finished, but through several years of small diet improvements, and now a year of a pretty rigorous stretching routine, my back feels better than it has in years, and I'm a little stronger. Two kids keep me pretty busy, so I'm not in the gym that much, but I'm on my way.

Biggest impact change I made, and it wasn't super tough, was to eat a healthy and filing breakfast every single day. It means I'm not stuffing my face with some unhealthy crap mid-morning anymore, I can make it to lunchtime, and I feel a lot better. I try to put more veggies on my plate for other meals too. I don't restrict how much I eat, but I make sure I finish my broccoli before I go back for anything else.

Keep working at it brother, small steps create big results.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

Look into a high fat, high protein, low carb diet. You will be surprised how fast the weight drops once you eat little carbs.

It will take a bit of getting use to because you lose that full feeling and it's hard, no bread, pasta, flour, rice, etc. but look at it this way, you can eat all the eggs, chicken, fish, vegetables you want!
    I am user #49

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

Awesome read and congratulations. I can place myself in every part of your life. I went through depression weight gain, I got kicked off my hockey team because I couldn't keep up. When I got married in October of 2010 and got my pictures back I looked at them and I was very unhappy. I weighed myself and I was 262. I am proud to say that I am now also under the 200 pound mark and I got my motivation from reading a lot of success stories from here and other forums online. Good luck in your future endeavor.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

That's an inspiring story man, definitely good progress! I'll keep checking back to see how you're doing so keep us posted and good luck!

My Ride
    Subaru wagon

Good to hear its working. It's a different journey for everyone. I think I have mild OCD so I like to track everything haha.

Keep it up

And if you don't

My Ride
    Has wheels

Keep up the good work Cos. I think making a thread will help you stick with it as well, I know it has for me. Makes me feel accountable to Beyond, if you know what I mean haha.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Originally posted by max_boost
    Look into a high fat, high protein, low carb diet. You will be surprised how fast the weight drops once you eat little carbs.

It will take a bit of getting use to because you lose that full feeling and it's hard, no bread, pasta, flour, rice, etc. but look at it this way, you can eat all the eggs, chicken, fish, vegetables you want!
    So what you're saying is don't eat at your restaurant. Dammit there goes my weekly cheat lunch meal.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Good for you! I was kind of in the same boat a few years back. I'm 5'7" and weighted in at 208...a tight 36" waist. I researched and took up to eating better. More often...less food, but basically ate the same things. The one big thing was I cut out beer. (was hell) I lost 28 pounds in 3 months. Went down to 180" and a 32" waist.

I can get down under that but it is hard to keep it there...especially as I get close to 50. I now workout in the gym 3 times a week and cycle about 80kms a week. This allows me to stay at around 180 and drink beer. ļ
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by mrsingh

So what you're saying is don't eat at your restaurant. Dammit there goes my weekly cheat lunch meal.
    once a week is OK! lol
    I am user #49

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Cos, give the following a listen. I am also going to attempt to drop some weight.

http://impruvism.com/fat-loss-podcast/

Keep it up Cos!

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

Good job man! The hardest part is getting started, but once you do you can continue to roll through.

Have you ever thought of doing something like the Spartan Race or Mud Hero? I think signing up for something challenging like that, knowing you have to train hard for it will keep you motivated and on track to keep going. And it's a good way to see just how far you have come and what you can now do. Doing it with a small group of friends would be a good idea too.

My Ride
    TypeR

Learn to eat off macros and you will get amazing results

For example

Diet = Set meal plan (guaranteed failure)
    Macros = Flexible eating

I had taco time today and im at 10% BF (tracking is a bitch but it works)

You have an awesome frame for strength training. Build some healthy habits and you will hit your goals in no time
    IG:scboss

Default Re: Re: My fitness journey/challenge

Last edited by Cos; 12-29-2016 at 11:41 AM.

My Ride
    party car

Good Job Cos!!

Keep at it, losing weight and gaining muscle can get addicting and then it becomes such a great lifestyle. I started last year and have never felt better. You can doo it!
    I like things with wheels.