Quantcast
Ticket me. But don’t put my family on the side of the road - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket me. But don’t put my family on the side of the road

Default Ticket me. But don’t put my family on the side of the road

Calgary Herald story.

Yupp, we've all heard the same old song and dance and we've debated this B.C. speeding issue to death.

But, this impound shit isn't new - it's been around for a bit now and most Alberta drivers that venture into B.C. should be somewhat vaguely aware of the speeding/impound rule by now as it's been all over our local television/radio newscasts and local newspapers since it was brought into being.

As such, I don't feel sorry for this guy - I've been driving B.C. highways for over 30 years now and have figured out that passing a bunch of doddering fools will just catch me up to a bunch more. Better to settle in at maybe 10 over and just not worry about that shit - this guy, he absolutely knew what he was doing and was probably well aware of the laws in B.C.. What I fail to understand is if the 3 vehicles he was following were doing "well under the speed limit" by his own admission, then why the need to be doing probably twice what those three vehicles were doing - his story smells of so much bull shit.

He says “I’m not your prototypical street racer. I’m a family guy on vacation. Don’t put my family on the side of the road like that” and "He added he has a good driving record — two speeding tickets in 25 years of driving and none for excessive speeding." Blah, blah, blah, blah fucking blah - your lack of speeding tickets means nothing, you've been lucky. What makes him so f'ing special that he shouldn't have to stand on the side of the highway - do the crime (which has been well publicized out here), then expect to pay the piper at some point if you're caught.

Yeah, I know this guy will no doubt have more than a few beyond sympathizers on here and my stance on this won't be popular, but I am sick and tired or whiners like this guy - this is not something new and I suspect this guy is well aware of what the consequences were and being a typical whiny brat now.
    Will fuck off, again.

Holy shit. Guy was doing 60 over with kids and wife in the car.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 01:04 PM.

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Have you never driving a single lane highway before or something?

He was passing, the entire idea is you do it quickly so you don't end up either running out of road and coming up against oncoming traffic.

They shouldn’t be allowed to ticket people who are in the middle of executing a pass on single track roads or when passing zones are short.

Futher more, people who pass at the speed limit when you have limited opportunities to get by (when there is a line of cars waiting) should be shot in the face.
    He was passing a beat-up volvo and two truck trailers that were going well below speed limit.. Not only was he speeding, but he was putting his family in a very bad situation trying to pass 3 vehicles (honestly you can classify that as 5)
    GO FLAMES GO!

The part I hate of passing in BC is someone does 10-20 under the speed limit until the passing lane, and they speed up to 20+ over

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Seth1968
    Holy shit. Guy was doing 60 over with kids and wife in the car.
    To pass the guy with a dangling muffler going well under limit.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

He was passing, the entire idea is you do it quickly so you don't end up either running out of road and coming up against oncoming traffic.

He said that the vehicles in front of him were going well below the speed limit of 80. So let's say they were doing 60. He needs to drive 80 over the limit to pass these vehicles?

In other news in BC...the niece of a Hells Angels boss who got shot up with her uncle in the Escalade is suing the hotel for not informing her that they regularly service known gang members.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 01:23 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by Seth1968

He needs to drive 80 over the limit to pass these vehicles?
    Have you never driven those roads? The passing zones are REALLY short. Not that it excuses his speed, as he could have just gone along with the flow of traffic, but I can sympathize with him. Kind of a dick move to be clocking people in a passing lane. Especially with all the asshats that pass in NON passing zones, that the cops could really nail to the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I love how these interviewers never seem to ask what the reader would normally ask. For example,

"Did it ever occur to you that you not only put your families lives at risk, but also those of other drivers"?

Photographer to family, "Now stand together for the picture, and make really depressed faces".

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 01:23 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

FraserB will lead the gang of, that's the law, don't like it? Don't drive and go back to wherever you are from haha

Still doesn't mean that law isn't shitty?

Is it 40 over that they impound? Haha I be damned if I lost my car for going 120 in an 80 zone lmao
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

Ya amen sugar phreak lol my turbo much more capable than my First car 88 Camry hahahaha but the roads and limits have not changed. They are out to get you!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by HomespunLobster
    The part I hate of passing in BC is someone does 10-20 under the speed limit until the passing lane, and they speed up to 20+ over
    This happens all the time, it's so frustrating!

My Ride
    Silverado

So many times I go over 130 to pass all the asshats that speed up for passings. Ugh, frustrating..

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

This from the article pretty much sums up driving in BC:

Police will say drivers can’t exceed the speed limit in order to pass, said Miklossy.

“But my argument is, they should just essentially outlaw all passing lanes in B.C. because it’s virtually impossible to make a safe pass without exceeding the speed limit.”
    Let's add this one too:
    Originally posted by HomespunLobster
    It happens all the time. I don't think it's on purpose, I think it's because people don't feel comfortable driving 90 in a single lane, so they go under the limit. Lanes open up nice and wide in the passing area, and they go 110 because it feels safer. At the "pre impound" speed of 129km/h, there's a 19km/h speed differential between you and the guy you're passing. With how short the passing lanes are, you can NOT make a pass. You'll be in the left lane crawling to pass the car, then it ends and you have to brake and try to get back in. It's WAY more dangerous than going 160, safely passing, and slowing back down like everyone does. Ticketing and impounding in a passing zone is pure cherry picking.

I'm not even going to bring up the safety factor in passing on single lane dotted yellows. If you think spending 10x the time driving on the wrong side of the highway by adhering to the speed limit to pass the guy going 80 in a 90 zone, I'll have whatever you're smoking.

Simple fact is, if it's THAT dangerous, take out the passing lanes.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

I heard they can impound your vehicle for 30+ over?
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

I dunno about you guys, but I don't think I've ever hit 60 over 'accidentally' when passing people on those BC highways. The only thing that will get you anywhere on those roads is patience. Passing people generally gets you nowhere, because there's another huge line of traffic around the next corner anyway.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Default Re: Ticket me. But don’t put my family on the side of the road

Originally posted by speedog
    I've been driving B.C. highways for over 30 years now and have figured out that passing a bunch of doddering fools will just catch me up to a bunch more.
    Yea hwy #1 in BC - esp until Salmon Arm is a joke. I dont even bother passing during the busy times of the day/week because you'll just end up behind ANOTHER slow RV. Might as well set the cruise and hang tight.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast