Quantcast
Do you hate chiclet keyboards? (big gap between keys) - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Do you hate chiclet keyboards? (big gap between keys)

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 01-01-2017 at 11:33 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Still using the same MX 518 Logitech mouse for the last nine years.

They really built these things to last.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I am still using one of these. The trackball makes it way more efficient for me, I can't go back to a regular mouse. I am way more precise with it, takes up next to no room on my desk, and you are never having to pick up and move it, so it can stay stationary.

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikerS
    I am still using one of these. The trackball makes it way more efficient for me, I can't go back to a regular mouse. I am way more precise with it, takes up next to no room on my desk, and you are never having to pick up and move it, so it can stay stationary.

I found out I had essential tremors in my hands when attempting to use the ball portion of a similar mouse when I was in my early 40's - I was unable to do any precise movements using my thumb on the track ball and a number of appointments later found the cause.
    Last edited by speedog; 10-09-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Originally posted by rage2

bump!

The last of my Intellimouse Explorers died this morning. Do you have any left? I'm about to start hunting for some NIB ones online hoping to get lucky.

I loved my Intellimouse back in the day. It was huge improvement over ball mice . I still remember that they came with a lifetime warranty which is impossible to find in hardware these days. I'd probably still be using it today if it lasted.

My favorite will still be the Logitech TrackMan Wheel. Unfortunately they are bit too expensive now, so I went to the next best thing the M570. Yes - it's an improvement in technology, but it's not as comfortable.

I'm still waiting for my dream... a Microsoft ergonomic 4000 keyboard with a built-in track point and/or touchpad.
    Last edited by Sal0; 10-22-2016 at 10:53 AM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I refuse to give up on my 15 y/o keyboard.
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    If you are a person that grew up taking Typing in school with real typewriters you will not realize just how much easier and old style keyboard is to type without looking at keys. I can type so much faster without mistakes on the old style keyboards.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

bump!

The last of my Intellimouse Explorers died this morning. Do you have any left? I'm about to start hunting for some NIB ones online hoping to get lucky.

I nearly fell out of my chair. hahahah

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

bump.

I hope my sadness video has something to do with this. Microsoft is bringing back the Intellimouse Explorer!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/17/...mouse-features

Already up on their accessories page. PLEASE make it with the big buttons for the thumb like the original. Can't wait to try 'em out.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Name:  CAE20680-664A-4E8B-A052-3F7787BD8124.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  DEAD5489-C4C6-40C9-98AE-B130FCEDA090.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  41.7 KB

My hands have to make some small adjustments to the newer slimmer shape, but otherwise, it's pretty damn close. It's nice having 2019 levels of DPI precision in mouse movements. Old Intellimouse explorer felt like 50dpi and constant jumpy movements when moving the mouse around.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I'm in for one, I'll pick it up tomorrow if possible. I have a pile of gaming mice, the best Logitech Wireless G903, Rival 600 Steel Series, a couple different Zowies, a Finalmouse, bunch of Razer Deathadders/etc, and a dozen others I've tried in the last couple years. None feel as comfortable as old faithful, the Intellimouse. I have to be clear, the very first Microsoft optical mice sucked for gaming, but when the common large Intelimouse we're talking about came out, it was the first real "player" that worked as good or better than a ball tracked mouse for gaming. And man do I miss the shape and size. Pretty happy to find this thread, now I just need to find one for sale.

edit - It looks like there's a "Pro" variant that'll be released in a week or two on Amazon, it's nearly 2x the price, but I may try that one out first.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 06-04-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3