Quantcast
Good ol racism in Calgary - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Good ol racism in Calgary

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

^ Jesus Cam. What the hell are you doing being all calm and rational. This is the internet, and according to Maybelater, it's serious business. Boy I wish I had a shirt like this, or bullet hole stickers for my monitors... or spikey hair like that... or hair for that matter. :P

About Internet Tough Guy (ITG) (also known as “E-Thug”) is a pejorative term used to refer to an online commenter who threatens physical violence against other posters when confronted with criticism or trolling. Often found on message boards and blogs, typical actions of an ITG involve boasting about their physical strength and degrading critics with insults.
    You know.. I can't think of one time when I've ever threatened another beyond member with violence. I'm pretty certain the only time I said I would be violent at all is in protecting my family, which I'm pretty sure 99.9% of us would.
    Last edited by codetrap; 08-23-2013 at 03:29 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by codetrap
    ^ Jesus Cam. What the hell are you doing being all calm and rational. This is the internet, and according to Maybelater, it's serious business. Boy I wish I had a shirt like this, or bullet hole stickers for my monitors... or spikey hair like that... or hair for that matter. :P
    LOL it's funny how managing people changes the way you think, act, and speak.

I read some old posts of mine on here and just cringe. The douchey teenager that joined this forum in '04 is now a well-spoken man in his 20's with a receding hairline. *sigh*

But, with respect to the comments made by D. Dub, I had a realization about a year and a half ago with respect to this issue. It's kind of ironic, actually.

My brother came by my place with his Boston Terrier (maybe 12-15 lbs?) and my roommate at the time was petrified of him. Literally terrified. He went upstairs to his room, closed the door, and stayed there until the dog was gone.

Now, at the time I was like "dude, what is your issue?". I mean, seriously, the dog couldn't have been more than 15 lbs. But that was enlightening for sure.

I approach issues like that completely differently now. Live and learn, right?

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Originally posted by A790
    Some of your responses are pretty hilarious.

On leash areas are expected to be on leash for a reason. Not everyone is as comfortable with dogs as you are, and just because you are doesn't mean they have to be.

While I think it's pretty hilarious he started filming (it's obvious they've had altercations before), it saddens me to see so many people think that their values need to be the values of other people.

My roommate is terrified of dogs. I don't understand the reasons why, but I also don't need to. That's his thing. Why should he have to deal with unleashed dogs in an on leash area? If he wanted to be around dogs that weren't on leashes he'd go to an off leash dog park.

And that's the kicker right there- she has every right to have her dogs out in public areas so long as they are on a leash. If she wants to have them off of a leash she can go to any number of dog parks that allow off leash dogs.

She's in the wrong, bottom line. Her response is also wrong. He might be a petty person by following her around with a camera, but that doesn't changed the fact that she wronged him- not the other way around.

LOL it's funny how managing people changes the way you think, act, and speak.

I read some old posts of mine on here and just cringe. The douchey teenager that joined this forum in '04 is now a well-spoken man in his 20's with a receding hairline. *sigh*

But, with respect to the comments made by D. Dub, I had a realization about a year and a half ago with respect to this issue. It's kind of ironic, actually.
    and when you add another 20 years of wisdom you'll realize the world isn't so black and white

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

I'm going to have to agree with A790.
    She didnt have her dogs under control, they appear to be under control in the video but the comments on the video were that the guys wife was afraid of dogs and the dogs were barking at them.

If someone asked me to leash up my dogs because my dogs showed a form of aggression (or at least what other people perceive as aggression). I would leash it up no questions asked.

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by Asian_defender
    I'm going to have to agree with A790.
    She didnt have her dogs under control, they appear to be under control in the video but the comments on the video were that the guys wife was afraid of dogs and the dogs were barking at them.

If someone asked me to leash up my dogs because my dogs showed a form of aggression (or at least what other people perceive as aggression). I would leash it up no questions asked.
    Username appropriate!

I rarely leash my 32lb Boston. Illegal, yes. So is speeding. However, if he leaves my side or even shows excitement towards others approaching, I have him by the harness stat. All part of the obedience training.

The lady's comments were completely uncalled for, and the goof behind the camera could have got his point across with video alone. He didn't need to say shit to her. Seeing as he just HAD to tell on her to By-law.

He has had a run in with her in the past regarding the same thing. Either become a Cop, or mind your own business. Take your pics and video and run to the tattle tale section of the internet. The authorities will do the rest.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Kona9

Username appropriate!

I rarely leash my 32lb Boston. Illegal, yes. So is speeding. However, if he leaves my side or even shows excitement towards others approaching, I have him by the harness stat. All part of the obedience training.
    See, that's the difference between you and the woman in the video. Your dog isn't on a leash but is quickly restrained if a problem arises.

Nothing wrong with that.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Still don't honestly understand why anybody cares.

Yes, there are still racist people in Calgary. I don't really think that this is that surprising in a city of this size?? Even if she had "wronged" him by having her dogs off leash, does a racist comment require filming? If she had threatened to injure them, then I would of filmed (and I did not watch the whole video as I found it annoying from both ends).

Is it even against the law to say racist comments if they are not threatening ( I don't believe it is, as I am not racist I don't really know the rules on these things) but am assuming as those are her beliefs, and she is stating her opinion that she is probably doing nothing legally wrong?

[url]

Some of your responses are pretty hilarious.

On leash areas are expected to be on leash for a reason. Not everyone is as comfortable with dogs as you are, and just because you are doesn't mean they have to be.

While I think it's pretty hilarious he started filming (it's obvious they've had altercations before), it saddens me to see so many people think that their values need to be the values of other people.

My roommate is terrified of dogs. I don't understand the reasons why, but I also don't need to. That's his thing. Why should he have to deal with unleashed dogs in an on leash area? If he wanted to be around dogs that weren't on leashes he'd go to an off leash dog park.

And that's the kicker right there- she has every right to have her dogs out in public areas so long as they are on a leash. If she wants to have them off of a leash she can go to any number of dog parks that allow off leash dogs.

She's in the wrong, bottom line. Her response is also wrong. He might be a petty person by following her around with a camera, but that doesn't changed the fact that she wronged him- not the other way around.

- SKD

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

See, that's the difference between you and the woman in the video. Your dog isn't on a leash but is quickly restrained if a problem arises.

Nothing wrong with that.
    Thats the difference between someone asking you to put your dog on a leash and someone not caring.

Your dog is under control, no doubt about it

My Ride
    '04 Civic, '07 Element SC

No idea if it's been covered, as I'm not about to read through 7 pages of verbal meh.

Let's make a scenario.
    Person A has heavy allergies to dogs. They also enjoy walking and looking for a view of the city. This person specifically seeks out a location where they know they won't have 10 dogs running up and saying hello (North Glenmore Park), therefore they specifically seek out this park as a location to walk because they know it requires dogs to be leashed.

Low and behold, they are walking and come across someone with dogs and ask for them to leash them up. Do they need to disclose why they're asking? Perhaps, but do they really need to, if in fact the Dog owners are already failing to abide to a by-law without being told/asked?

I like dogs, I could care less about this video other than the racist remarks, and yes he was a bit of a tool to her to keep that conversation going.

My actual opinion being, If I was riding my bike and your unleashed dog did not know how to deal with my oncoming bike and froze/jumped at me, I'd see some issues with failing to abide to the by-law. All in all, I could care less

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7