Quantcast
PS4 vs Xbox One - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4 vs Xbox One

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default PS4 vs Xbox One

Time for fanboy wars! I think we've covered the differences between the 2 systems in their respective threads, with really no difference between the two in terms of hardware or platform after MS changed their stance on game sharing. With the launch only a few months away, the launch titles list has now been published.

PS4 Launch Titles
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
    Battlefield 4 (EA DICE, EA)
    Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
    Driveclub (Evolution Studios, Sony)
    FIFA 14 (EA Canada, EA)
    Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
    Killzone: Shadown Fall (Guerilla Games, Sony)
    Knack (SCE Japan, Sony)
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
    Madden 25 (EA Tiburon, EA)
    NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
    NBA Live 14 (EA Tiburon, EA)
    Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games/Criterion Games, EA)
    Skylanders Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
    Watch Dogs (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)

Xbox One Launch Titles
    Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
    Battlefield 4 (EA DICE, Electronic Arts)
    Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
    Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
    Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft Studios)
    FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
    Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
    Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
    Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
    Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
    Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
    Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
    NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
    NBA Live 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
    Need for Speed Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
    Peggle 2 (PopCap Games, Electronic Arts)
    Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
    Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
    Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
    Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
    Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments, Microsoft Studios)
    Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

Comparing the lists, we have 15 games for PS4 and 23 games for Xbox One, winner goes to Xbox One. Filtering out all the dual platform games, here's what it looks like for exclusives at launch:

PS4 Launch Exclusives
    Driveclub (Evolution Studios, Sony)
    Killzone: Shadown Fall (Guerilla Games, Sony)
    Knack (SCE Japan, Sony)

Xbox One Launch Exclusives
    Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
    Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft Studios)
    Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
    Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
    Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
    Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
    Peggle 2 (PopCap Games, Electronic Arts)
    Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
    Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
    Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments, Microsoft Studios)
    Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

Comparing the exclusives, we have PS4 with 3 games, and Xbox One with 11. It would be too easy to call Xbox One the winner here, but it really depends on what games you like. PS4 has released a list of indie/PSN only games. Xbox One hasn't done that yet so PS4 wins by default.

PS4 PSN Launch Titles
    Basement Crawl
    Blacklight
    Contrast
    Counterspy
    DC Universe
    Doki-Doki Universe
    Flower
    Hohokum
    Minecraft
    N++
    Pinball Arcade
    Planetside 2
    Pool Nation Extreme
    ResoGun
    Super Motherload
    Tiny Brains
    War Thunder
    Warframe
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Bicycle

Of the exclusives, only really wants Forza 4. But I'm sure GT5 will be on PS4 someday so it's again a 2 console generation.

Spec wise tho, til both hit the road, I think PS4's GPU has more potential. There's got to be a reason why XBone up the GPU clock by 53Mhz.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I only pre-ordered an Xbox. Tells you which way I am leaning. The only reason I would buy a PS4 is for GT6. Then again, I have GT5 on my PS3 that never gets played.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Spec wise tho, til both hit the road, I think PS4's GPU has more potential. There's got to be a reason why XBone up the GPU clock by 53Mhz.
    John Carmack thinks it's close. I think the PS4 is better in terms of performance. Theoretical tests show a 20% advantage in overall performance to the PS4 (compared to the boosted Xbox One). Not that it really matters anyways, the PS3 was more powerful than the Xbox One, and cross platform games looked identical, and will continue to do so as developers design for the lowest common denominator. Hence, it's a draw.

If Xbox One didn't reverse it's game sharing concept, I would've given the win to Xbox One's platform.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

I preordered both but only games for X1. I will just sell the PS4 as the only game that interests me is Infamous. That and GT7 probably wont be out until 2020 so I can wait for the slim. I think the differences between the systems will be pretty close but I am not sure if I understand the huge indie push currently on PS4 with all these games already mainly available on PC and it is next gen hardware so don't I want to see games that can push that hardware and or be new franchises?

My Ride
    is an Experience.

I ordered a Playstation 4 as I prefer the specs and just do not like Microsoft. I thought there was a lot of games coming to the Playstation 4 that I would want to play, but I have found out that most all of them will be on PC as well, except MGS5 which I am interested in.

I will most likely end up selling it though, might as well since I already have a next-gen gaming machine and can use the money to make it faster.

I am interested in Dead Rising 3, I hope that it one day ends up coming to PC as well.

Killer Instinct also looks promising as well, but would have to buy a pricey fightstick as well to make it worthwhile, unless I could use a Super Advantage on it, I owned with that thing.

My Ride
    rally pig

I pre-ordered the PS4 but man, looking at that list there's no launch game that I'm interested on either console
    I'm just waiting for GTA5 to come out for the PC and I still have to beat The Last of Us haha

maybe I'll just sell or cancel my PS4 pre-order

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Can someone provide a very brief comparo between these systems since I apparently missed that boat.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by msommers
    Can someone provide a very brief comparo between these systems since I apparently missed that boat.
    Both systems have very similar specs with the edge to PS4. Some people say you can't notice though which will probably be the case on multi-platform games but who knows what they can do on each with time. XBL carries over, games can be bought digitally and used like intended without discs, lets friends borrow etc, PS4 online requires payment for multiplayer now. Both have media streaming, youtube, netflix etc, xbox requires xbl though ps4 does not for that. X1 has neat NFL tie in but probably wont be in canada. PS4 controllers looks goofy, x1 looks simlar to 360 yet better. All xbox have kinect, ps4 eye is extra. Both can do background downloading, start playing while downloading. That about sums it up.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

That was perfect, thanks man! I assume the new Xbox will be able to play 360 discs as well as the new platform format? And both will have Blue-Ray?
    Ultracrepidarian

Nope, neither have backwards compatibility. Both will have bluray.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by msommers
    That was perfect, thanks man! I assume the new Xbox will be able to play 360 discs as well as the new platform format? And both will have Blue-Ray?
    No problem. Beecue summarized that.

Originally posted by beecue
    Nope, neither have backwards compatibility. Both will have bluray.
    They will probably have downloadable 360 games but I will just keep my 360 and the games I wish to hold on to. I still enjoy how I bought my PS3 for bluray and I don't think I have ever watched one

The lack of backwards compatibility kinda sucks the testicular region if you ask me. I'm a PC gamer, and abandoned consoles after Sega Genisis and the NHL games on that system went away. I'd been PC gaming since the Commodore 64, and will continue until I die.

I have decided however to get both of these new consoles, and I really was looking forward to playing through all the Halo games on the Xbox One. Hearing that isn't going to happen now will likely make me reconsider getting the Xbox, even though I consider it to be as strong as the PS4, even though it's likely going to cost a brown bill more. It does come with that goofy motion crap for dance dance nonsense that only 11 year old girls should use for that extra money, but that isn't much of a consolation for me.

If Microsoft lets it be known that we can download the older popular titles like Halo and such, I'll retract my whine and proceed accordingly. As I've said, I'm not a console player, as for online flight sims they're useless, and for serious first person shooters, again, mouse/keyboard vs controller is laugh out loud funny by comparison. That said, my primary TV has a decent home theater PC setup now with 5800 kps "super high def" Netflix running through it, and I think it'll be fun to play some console games on this system and 70" TV with these new super consoles.

Thanks for the thread, it answers many questions, and made me aware of some things I didn't know, regarding the backwards comp.

My Ride
    Silverado

Can the one use an ordinary hard drive or is it proprietary? How about controllers? Still limited to 4 on Xbox? Blutooth? How about plugging in a controller to Xbox? Still need a proprietary cord? Still need to buy batterys? system Price? Online functionality not behind a pay wall? Do you still need an Internet connection to play games on Xbox?

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    Can the one use an ordinary hard drive or is it proprietary? How about controllers? Still limited to 4 on Xbox? Blutooth? How about plugging in a controller to Xbox? Still need a proprietary cord? Still need to buy batterys? system Price? Online functionality not behind a pay wall? Do you still need an Internet connection to play games on Xbox?
    You can plug in external hard drives. Hard drive is built in so probably some type of sata connection. I thought I heard controllers could be like 6 or something but can'tr ecall now. Controllers will use USB cables, not sure if it is micro usb, but once drivers are out you could plug it into a pc and use it. Controller turns off its wireless if it is plugged in. Yes they are still powered by AA which is best imo as you can have spares and swap out quickly. System is $500. Pretty much the same with XBL but now a bunch of people can have accounts through the same XBL account and pay once. Always on sale for $40 so not a big deal. More servers now too. Internet connection was dropped to play games, it was only ever a small check in once every 24 hours to verify console and account. Would have been awesome but now it is like 360

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    Can the one use an ordinary hard drive or is it proprietary? non replaceable
    How about controllers? Still limited to 4 on Xbox? probably
    Blutooth? no
    How about plugging in a controller to Xbox? Still need a proprietary cord? usb finally?
    Still need to buy batteries? yes
    system Price? 100 more than ps3
    Online functionality not behind a pay wall? very little
    Do you still need an Internet connection to play games on Xbox? no
    with a hammer...

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

PS4 for me. Everyone I know is getting PS4 so I want to play with them lol. Don't care about the MS exclusives anymore. Cross plat games will be the same if not better on PS4 now, so no reason to get Xbox for me.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 08-21-2013 at 10:30 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Stupid conversation as far as I'm concerned. I'll just get both... again.

Originally posted by ZEDGE
    PS4 for me. Everyone I know is getting PS4 so I want to play with them lol. Don't care about the MS exclusives anymore. Cross plat games will be the same if not better on PS4 now, so no reason to get Xbox for me.
    Might be small differences. The new Call of Duty will be played on dedicated servers on the Xbox, I don't think that will be the case with the PS4 version of the same game.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast