Quantcast
2013 Municipal Election on October 21st - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Who will you be voting for Mayor on October 21st?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naheed Nenshi

95 61.29%
  • Other Candidate (TBA?)

35 22.58%
  • Abstain/Spoil Ballot

25 16.13%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Municipal Election on October 21st

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by yellowsnow
    Has any Calgary mayor lost an election after being elected in?? I can't think of a single mayor that lost an election.
    Ralph Klein over Ross Alger in 1980 was the most recent time the incumbent has failed to get re-elected.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by Go4Long
    I agree that anyone that runs against Nenshi is throwing their money away. Like him or hate him, after the way the media inflated his status to superhero during the flooding has pretty much guaranteed him 90+% of the vote if anyone else runs against him.

Some of the council seats would be a lot smarter to try to go after. Heck, my ward in 2010 a guy with "the butcher" in his name still managed to get 4%.
    Ric McIver was formerly a butcher, almost became Calgary's mayor, and is now our province's transportation minister.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 01:41 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

After a disaster, tyically the incumbent gets a huge boost unless they really messued up the handling of it. Nobody has been critical of Nnshi's work during the floods, so I predict he wins in a landslide.

you can make fun of him all you want, but he's been very effective in 1) communicating with voters and 2) geting very little negative publicity.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Nenshi released a document titled "A Better Calgary in progress" in 2012 highlighting the status of the 12 campaign promises that formed his platform in the last election.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Yy...zg0/edit?hl=en

It's a bit of a long read but it gives a good indication of his progress.

Originally posted by Go4Long

Ralph Klein over Ross Alger in 1980 was the most recent time the incumbent has failed to get re-elected.
    I thought Alger didn't seek re-election.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    After a disaster, tyically the incumbent gets a huge boost unless they really messued up the handling of it. Nobody has been critical of Nnshi's work during the floods, so I predict he wins in a landslide.

you can make fun of him all you want, but he's been very effective in 1) communicating with voters and 2) geting very little negative publicity.
    Meh. Bronco, Duerr and Klein all won with landslides. But familiarity breeds contempt, so eventually Calgarians will tire of our purple fatty.

Originally posted by Isaiah
    Nenshi released a document titled "A Better Calgary in progress" in 2012 highlighting the status of the 12 campaign promises that formed his platform in the last election.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3Yy...zg0/edit?hl=en

It's a bit of a long read but it gives a good indication of his progress.
    Gak. What a load of total crap.

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categorie...new-mayor.html

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Okay, here's something to ponder - would you vote for someone who's running for a position in your ward (alderman or school board trustee) who doesn't live in your ward?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Yep, just goes to show you that the majority of Calgarians are idiots. No big surprsies here.

4 More years of Nenshi Mc-spend-a-lot coming right up
    It's 3 years....

Wow just realized it had been a month since anyone had posted in this thread - apathy or something else (apathy or James Stewart)?

The Druh Farrell thread - almost as pathetic despite all the supposed Druh haters over there. Well, maybe they've all gone underground and are devoting all their time to unseating her - it is weird though that there were some that were so vocal who've gone so mute now. A long time beyond member even commented in that thread "If you guys don't wait too long and rally behind a candidate early enough you might just gain enough momentum to unseat her." and yet, apathy seems to continue to rule. Usually it's "put up or shut up" and it's becoming apparent that people are not putting up.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by speedog
    and yet, apathy seems to continue to rule.
    You say that like someone who is new to the internet.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Crown Royal Purple, yes.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by speedog
    Wow just realized it had been a month since anyone had posted in this thread - apathy or something else (apathy or James Stewart)?

The Druh Farrell thread - almost as pathetic despite all the supposed Druh haters over there. Well, maybe they've all gone underground and are devoting all their time to unseating her - it is weird though that there were some that were so vocal who've gone so mute now. A long time beyond member even commented in that thread "If you guys don't wait too long and rally behind a candidate early enough you might just gain enough momentum to unseat her." and yet, apathy seems to continue to rule. Usually it's "put up or shut up" and it's becoming apparent that people are not putting up.
    I don't think there's even a point to talking about this election whatsoever. Nenshi will win in a landslide, that's a given. Try saying anything critical about Nenshi and you get attacked (see the various other Nenshi threads), so again, pointless to even bring it up.

The Alderman race? Druh's going to be a tight race again, but now Nenshi has been supporting her so she'll probably win it now. Nenshi has been trying his best by helping the current council get re-elected, a funny turn of events when the homebuilders tried the same thing (picking favorites to back) and Nenshi's vagina got all sandy lol.

Oh well, nothing changes. Taxes go up, nothing comes out. Yay. As for me, I'm in Ward 2. I have no idea who I'm voting for, but I'm a big fan of poon, so I'm voting Richard Poon just for the hell of it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Is there a limit as to how many terms a mayor can serve? His annoying FB pledge post is full of negative comments toward him. So some people are starting to see the big picture. But yea he will win.

My Ride
    e39 ///M5 || MK7R

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

It's 3 years....
    I believe its actually 4 years from now on.
    KWVII Coilovers||Carbon Fiber Grille||20% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||RDSport Race Exhaust||Vorsteiner Front Lip||Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser II||GP Thunders 8500K||ACS Roof Spoiler||CF Mirror Covers||

It is indeed 4 years this time - link.
    Will fuck off, again.

Originally posted by Aleks
    Is there a limit as to how many terms a mayor can serve? His annoying FB pledge post is full of negative comments toward him. So some people are starting to see the big picture. But yea he will win.
    Come on Aleks! We all need to 'promise' to vote !!

Fuck i can't stand seeing it pop up on my facebook page, I do like to read the comments though
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Got in a funny debate with this the other day. Myself and family + a few family friends heavily dislike Nenshi (involved in the home building industry) etc. Him along with the development planning have done nothing but delays and increase prices of in-fills and all the permitting. Incorporate that with the increased property taxes along with the flood disaster and you have continually increased costs of living for Calgarians.

So naturally I had people jumping down my throat when I said I don't like him, my return comment. Can you name 1? 3? or maybe even 5 positive or impactful things that he did for the city since being elected? And please don't mention the flood and his twitter warrior super status over it. As I still don't see what he actually did for the city during the flood. Told everyone to stay home, tweeted and showed up at a few badly hit sites for press pictures?

I also like how he outsources work and architecture for things like the peace bridge and other designs. Not like we have many architects, engineers or construction companies in yyc to complete the work...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast