Edit: Split from Lets get Druh Farrell out! Oct 2010 thread
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

I voted in that district last election even though I didnt live there at the time to help the cause.

I'd help if I could but I have no further ID to support it lol.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Please Ward 7'ers, get this crazy bitch out of there

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

In ward 7, will vote against her, front runner is Kevin Taylor iirc
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Lived in her ward for to many years. Just a complete button that one. Hopefully the realists in the district can rally together this time and not split. She barely has any support in this city...

Always thought it was ironic that she was my councillor and rob anders my
    mp lol...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Ok round 2....
    Who are we going to vote for?
    Going to try to get a list of people running against her ans lets get the most likely competitor in!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

http://www.calgaryliberal.com/calgar.../#.Uh9g_aNBI-1

Kevin Taylor was close last time, right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I can't believe she keeps getting voted in. Every time I hear her talk, whether I agree with her sentiments or not, I wonder if she's genuinely bat-shit crazy or just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I think if less people would run against her there would be a better chance of getting her out. She got in by less than 1300 votes over Kevin Taylor last election, meanwhile 5200 people voted for no name candidates...it's nice that everyone thinks they have a shot to win (and against Druh Farrell there's probably some animals in the zoo that could do a better job), but if you're polling in the 5% range, it's time to face facts, there's not enough margin for error for you to win.

Same thing that happened with Nenshi vs McIver really. If Barb Higgins hadn't decided to run that election would have played out very differently.
    Last edited by Go4Long; 08-29-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 01:41 PM.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

I would if I could, It would be a good day to hear that she has been voted out.
    Last edited by BigDL; 08-29-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Man, say what you want about Druh, but what older city alderman gets shit done for their own ward? Her policies are borderline batshit crazy sometimes but its obviously shit her supporters want.

You don't even hear a peep about most alderman. I swear the only thing most of them do is show up to Stampede breakfasts in their ward
    ---

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I can't believe she keeps getting voted in. Every time I hear her talk, whether I agree with her sentiments or not, I wonder if she's genuinely bat-shit crazy or just stupid.
    I can see why she keeps getting voted in, it is similar to how Anders keeps getting elected. She has a strong and involved base of support. The people who support Druh love Druh and these are the people who go door knocking, put up signs, mobilize voters etc. They can sway the undecideds to their side a lot easier than the other side can.

The people who don't like Druh mean little because they don't do anything (if you're lucky they might vote) and the people who hate Druh just don't have the same level of organization as her supporters do. It has mostly been 'anybody but Druh' which can tend to rally the other side more than gain support so focusing efforts to be 'pro-this candidate' instead of anti-Druh would go a long way.

So I've lived in this ward for 25+ years and I was by no means a Druh supporter when she first came upon the scene or even later.

But, and this is a big but, I've seen things get done in our community that were never touched by previous council members and she or one of her office reps gets out to every one of our community association meetings. Simply put, issues have been addressed by her and we are not an inner city community - on the fringe yes, but not inner city. We've had multiple traffic issues within our community heard, addressed and resolved and that will win her votes.

There is much more going on than silly things like the Peace Bridge and the 'Flow on the Bow' (or whatever it was called) - I was not a Peace Bridge supporter and yet I can say that it has added an interesting piece of infrastructure to our city that people can identify and now I find myself taking out of town visitors to see it because they ask about it. "Flow with the Bow' - ditch that or redo it somehow.

So I'll go out on a limb here and say that she currently has my vote - her work in our community and neighboring communities, work that most people aren't aware of is enough to sway me. Yupp, this from a guy who had nothing good to say about her for years - four previous elections and nary a vote from me in any of those elections and yet here I am, ready to mark on X on the box beside her name on the 2013 ballot. Will I be sad if she loses - nah, I won't shed a tear because that's what a democratic election is all about but I do know that anyone that defeats her will have their hands full trying to continue the work I've seen.
    Will fuck off, again.

Originally posted by speedog
    So I've lived in this ward for 25+ years and I was by no means a Druh supporter when she first came upon the scene or even later.

But, and this is a big but, I've seen things get done in our community that were never touched by previous council members and she or one of her office reps gets out to every one of our community association meetings. Simply put, issues have been addressed by her and we are not an inner city community - on the fringe yes, but not inner city. We've had multiple traffic issues within our community heard, addressed and resolved and that will win her votes.

There is much more going on than silly things like the Peace Bridge and the 'Flow on the Bow' (or whatever it was called) - I was not a Peace Bridge supporter and yet I can say that it has added an interesting piece of infrastructure to our city that people can identify and now I find myself taking out of town visitors to see it because they ask about it. "Flow with the Bow' - ditch that or redo it somehow.

So I'll go out on a limb here and say that she currently has my vote - her work in our community and neighboring communities, work that most people aren't aware of is enough to sway me. Yupp, this from a guy who had nothing good to say about her for years - four previous elections and nary a vote from me in any of those elections and yet here I am, ready to mark on X on the box beside her name on the 2013 ballot. Will I be sad if she loses - nah, I won't shed a tear because that's what a democratic election is all about but I do know that anyone that defeats her will have their hands full trying to continue the work I've seen.
    I spent a minute or two trying to figure out how to say this without sounding like an ass, but I can't. So please understand that I'm not trying to get a rise out of you or call you names or anything.

With that said, over the last few weeks your posts have been exactly what I would expect out of a Druh supporter, so this doesn't surprise me at all. Nor does it make me think any differently of her.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

So I'm in ward 7... can someone tell me why Druh is so bad? On the first thread all I see is
    "voted to close race city"
    "closed down memorial dr for one sunday for bicyclists event"

I don't really follow politics, so

I fully expect to get hassled or worse and I'm not asking anyone to change their opinion of her, but what I've seen over the years within our community with her as our alderman has swung me around. Our community association has utilized her support/office on multiple issues and in every case, it's been a positive outcome and I would know as I was actively involved on our community association's board for a number of years and still stay in touch with those currently on our community's board.

Now that's not to say that some of the stuff that's been addressed in our community had Druh's involvement, but there were/are issues that have been taken to her office that got action initiated from there as opposed to other city departments who did nothing. In the end, it's easy to be critical of her and what it appears she done/not done but I would suspect a good many of her critics are not involved within their community at any level and don't really know what's going on except the news stories and such.
    Will fuck off, again.

Shit, I just realized that I've lived in this ward for longer than probably a good number of Beyond members have been alive and in fact, since I've been in Calgary, I've probably resided within this ward for over 32 of the 35 years I've been here. Been in the ward for 25+ years continuous now.
    Will fuck off, again.

Honestly, you're right. She's one of the only aldermen that is constantly getting things done for her constituents. It's that the shit her constituents want tends to be stereotypically "idealistic old person that thinks everything should be the way they want it" and unpopular outside of her Ward.

I suppose that's what a good representative does, though. Whatever their people want.

Beyond shouldn't be trying to get Druh out, they should be trying to kill off all the old people, or make them move.

LOUD AIR CONDITIONERS FOR EVERYBODY

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

hahaha
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast