Quantcast
Blenders - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blenders

i would also recommend omniblend. It's not as famous as blendtec but they are used commercially as well

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Get a Blendtec or a Vitamix. Blendtec is the better deal and has way more volume in the cotainer, while Vitamix has an arguably better blade which gets smoothies smoother. Both will spin fast enough to get the liquids hot.

I bought my Blendtec used off Kijiji for $250. Has about 18,000 blends on the blend counter.

Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

The problem with those ninja blenders is that they are made of lower quality materials. Yes, initially they work reasonably well, you might even say similar results to a blendtec, but compare again 500 or 1000 blends later and there is no comparison. I'd say compare again at 2500 blends, but your ninja will already be in the garbage long before that.

My Ride
    TDi

Just spend the 1 time $500+ and you won't have to by a blender for a very long time.

I actually have my vitamix under my shelves and it fits perfectly.

TNC 3 is at costco Beacon Hill till the end of the month at 579.99

but TNC (last years model) is on sale for one more day: http://www.costco.ca/.product.100048961.html
    Last edited by 403ep3; 08-30-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    GO FLAMES GO!

Consumer Reports had an article on blenders just in the last few months.

The Vitamix was one of the best tested, but cost so much more than Ninja blenders that they ended up recommending the Ninjas over the vitamix.

I was surprised that their overall winner was a model I haven't seen in stores here - The Ninja Master Prep: http://www.ninjakitchen.com/NinjaMas...ID=detailsCont

Which is also one of their cheapest products at $60 US. IIRC, it outperformed the Vitamix at making smoothies and stuff.

I have the Ninja Kitchen System 1100 (paid $140 when I saw it on sale at Canadian Tire), and have used it a lot in the last couple of years. Still works great and is the best blender I've ever had at crushing ice.

I don't make smoothies with kale, so I can't really comment about how well it would do with that - but I have made potato, bacon and leek soup with it a few times and it had zero problems liquefying that stuff. In fact, it is so good at that kind of thing that I gave away my Kitchen-Aid food processor.

So, I recommend the Ninja.

If you want, I have the Consumer Reports article in a .pdf at home - I could put the article up here when I get home. Let me know.

ETA: - Found a quick synopsis of the Consumers Reports Article here: http://articles.courant.com/2013-05-...-soup-blendtec

And it looks like Canadian Tire does sell the Ninja Master Prep: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

I'll still see if I can chop up (heh) the .pdf of the Consumers Reports article later.
    Last edited by dexlargo; 08-30-2013 at 01:58 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by dexlargo
    If you want, I have the Consumer Reports article in a .pdf at home - I could put the article up here when I get home. Let me know.
    Do it.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Consumer Reports blender comparisons attached as jpegs.

Sorry about the quality, I couldn't upload the images full size (larger than the max Beyond allows), so I had to resize them a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

One other tip - I read earlier that some people were saying some blenders are hard to clean or whatever - I've always done like they recommend on page 1 of this article and just put soapy water in the blender and run it for about 30 seconds, then rinse.

Cleans it spotlessly every time.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Interesting how they scored the vitamix and blendtec so differently. Thanks for posting that!
    Ultracrepidarian

Vitamix is the tits, no question, but it's huge overkill for the casual protein shake maker. If it's even slightly more effort to clean or use than something else, chances are you will use the other one more. That's what it comes down to for me, and the Nutribullet is not lacking in power at all for the type of smoothies you describe, it EASILY takes care of the kale, almonds, frozen berries, etc. No need to run water through a cleaning cycle, just hold the blades under the sink for 2 seconds, and the cup under the sink for 2 seconds when you're done the shake - done.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 08-30-2013 at 05:34 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Sweet. Maybe I'll just go that direction. My birthday is coming up afterall. Much easier to ask for that than a Blendtec
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by msommers
    Sweet. Maybe I'll just go that direction. My birthday is coming up afterall. Much easier to ask for that than a Blendtec
    Just buy it from Bed Bath & Beyond, they have a return policy like Costco. If you don't like it or if it ever brakes under normal use just return it. As long as you don't make massive shakes, it is awesome.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Sweet I just got a 20% off coupon from them!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Fyi for anyone with a vitamix.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...nder/index.htm

Vitamix recalls blender containers due to laceration hazard

The blade on the company's 64-ounce containers can break

Published: August 29, 2013 11:57 AM

Find Ratings

Blenders__

The_U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission_has announced the recall of 165,000 Vitamix 64-ounce low-profile blender containers. An additional 4,300 containers are being recalled in Canada. The blade inside these containers can break, creating a laceration hazard to consumers. Vitamix has received 18 reports of blades breakage, none causing injuries.The recall involves Vitamix 64-ounce low-profile containers sold at major retailers and online at vitamix.com from April 2012 to August 2013. The containers came with Vitamix models 7500, Professional Series 300, and Professional Series 750; some were also sold individually. Affected models have blade part number 103208 A and blade date codes 03-12 through 07-13 laser etched onto their blade. The websitecontainerbladerecall.com, set up by Vitamix, provides additional information and photos.If you own one of the recalled blenders, stop using it immediately and contact Vitamix for information on obtaining a free repair. You can either go to_vitamix.com_or call the company at 888-350-4386 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time Monday through Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Saturdays.The Vitamix Professional Series 750, Vitamix 7500, and Vitamix Professional Series 300 all earned excellent overall scores in our Ratings, and are on_Consumer Reports' current recommended list of blenders. They made very good smoothies and superb purées. They also aced our durability test, which involves crushing seven ice cubes 45 times to simulate long-term use. We recently judged the_Calphalon XL 9-speed blender a Don't Buy: Safety Risk_because a knife-sharp fragment broke off from the same place on the blade assembly on three samples of this model. But no such issue arose with the Vitamix blender.__Vitamix assures us that the problem has been fixed with all models currently for sale in stores and online. Therefore, we are continuing to recommend these Vitamix blenders, though we have added a footnote to theblender Ratings_for consumers who may already own an affected model.It's worth noting that all blenders are a potential safety hazard, given their exposed blades. In fact, more than 7,000 people were injured by blenders in 2011, based on emergency-room treated injuries reported to the Consumer Products Safety Commission. To stay safe, never put your hand inside a blender, especially if it's plugged in. And instead of hand washing, add soapy water and run the blender until the container and blades are clean, then unplug the device and rinse the container under the faucet.

My Ride
    Edge

Good to know. I have a Vitamix 750 Pro on back order right now. Guess I'll have to check the blade out when it comes in.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 02:00 AM.

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by msommers
    Sweet I just got a 20% off coupon from them!
    I just bought a nutribullet with the same the 20% coupon too. Works better than a magic bullet. Alot more power and doesn't leave as many chunks.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Did I just read 2 full pages on blenders?

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Vitamix is the tits, no question, but it's huge overkill for the casual protein shake maker. If it's even slightly more effort to clean or use than something else, chances are you will use the other one more. That's what it comes down to for me, and the Nutribullet is not lacking in power at all for the type of smoothies you describe, it EASILY takes care of the kale, almonds, frozen berries, etc. No need to run water through a cleaning cycle, just hold the blades under the sink for 2 seconds, and the cup under the sink for 2 seconds when you're done the shake - done.
    Agreed, I came to the exact same conclusion. Use my nutribullet twice a day on average; shakes are almost always smooth and clean up couldn't be any easier.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast