Quantcast
Blenders - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Blenders

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Strider
    Anyone actually make soup (start to finish) in their Vitamix or Blendtec?
    I have made soup in both a blendtec and vitamix. Both worked pretty well. It doesn't get as hot as you think though, mainly just warm. Last one was broccoli cheddar in my blendtec and it was pretty tasty.

The Vitamix blades spin over 30% faster than a Blendtec, I would assume it can get hotter if allowed to. The other thing is most Blendtec models do not have steam vents in their containers (website says do not go over 118 degrees or something) like the Vitamix does, so if you let it get too hot, it will explode everywhere from the pressure. Just something to be aware of. I believe the newest blendtec models have steam vents. You can get soup up to 160 degrees F in about 5 min with the newest Vitamix, I am not sure about blendtec.

Got the Vitamix all set up on the weekend, this thing is amazing. I had no idea I was missing out this much before.

I've made hummus, salsa, nutella, ice cream, and about a dozen smoothies. Everything turned out great even on my first try. Cleaning takes 20 seconds and is dead simple.

The power is unbelievable, no more seeds or bits of pulp, just perfectly smooth smoothies every single time. Doesn't matter how much or how little you throw in it, it just works perfectly every time.

It's so easy to clean and so much more powerful that I won't bother keeping the NutriBullet around even for convenience - then again at over 7X the cost, I shouldn't be too surprised.

The build quality is a huge step up from the Blendtecs I looked at, which feel very cheap and aren't nearly as solid on the counter when blending.

The only problem I am having is I get carried away adding smoothie ingredients, and end up having to drink way too much .

So far so good If I can keep it up, I'll be eating a lot healthier as a result.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8