Quantcast
Blenders - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Blenders

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Did I just read 2 full pages on blenders?
    why the hell would you click a thread called "blenders" then if you're not interested in buying one? Good info in here for those looking for one.

I've used my nutribullet a few more times and I'm pretty impressed with it. When blending stuff like spinach and Kale, the magic bullet would leave chunks behind. The nutribullet seems to do a better job with greens. I can blend greens in with my protein shakes and I pretty much can't even notice they're in there. With frozen fruits, it requires less liquids than the magic bullet. I found with the magic bullet, if I didn't use enough liquid, alot of times it would stall or get stuck. The nutribullet hasn't stalled once and it seems to get a smoother consistency out of the shakes.

The only downside is that it's quite abit larger than the magic bullet. It's still smaller than the average full sized blender, but I used to use the magic bullet for when I'm out in the field, so it's definitely still smaller and more convenient to carry around on the go. I guess that's the trade-off for a more powerful blender.
    Last edited by jsn; 09-08-2013 at 02:45 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I'm out in the field at the moment and brought my Nutribullet. It's been working well but I definitely notice seeds and little bits of kale that require a tiny bit of chewing. We did a mash up against the Blendtec someone brought with basically the same amount of stuff in each: protein powder, fresh kale, frozen blueberries, frozen mixed berries, chai seeds and hemp hearts.

The blendtec is able to completely smash up everything with some seeds here and there vs. the loads of seeds I get in the Nutribullet, especially when you're almost done your cup. The texture is a lot more smooth and cream-like in comparison as well. There really is no contest between these two in terms of performance. Additionally, the lid is much nicer since there is no screwing on and off. Just load it up and plop the top on.

I find I'm maxing out the nutribullet all the time in terms of capacity. I've found some middle ground in that I mash up the greens first and then put in the rest. The Nutribullet was constantly getting big clumps of kale stuck under the blades and still does. I have to blend it, shake it up a bit and put it back on to completely blend the kale. By the time I add powder, water and berries, the gasket on this thing isn't going to last long. Maybe I don't need that much in one sitting anyways.

At the end of the day, I just don't know if I can justify spending $400+ on a blender when I got the Nutribullet for $80. I've been using my daily so we'll see how she holds up in the long run. When/if the Nutribullet bites the dust, I'll probably pony up on the blendtec. Or buy 4 more blenders for the same price. Tough call. For field use, the Nutribullet is definitely less bulky in comparison.
    Last edited by msommers; 10-12-2013 at 03:58 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Interesting read. I just burned out our 2nd blender and had my eyes set out for a Blendtec at Costco, but maybe I'll check one of the ninja's first.

My Ride
    STi

wierd how you're getting alot of chunks of kale. I blend kale too. How much kale do you use and how much liquids do you put in? Maybe you're not putting enough liquids because I don't get any chunks of kale left over from my nutribullet. I put frozen fruits, a handfull of kale, protein, greek yogurt, and then almond milk and I never get any chunks of kale left over.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

When making smoothies, we refrain from putting kale stems in our vitamix as it purees it all and the kale stems are absolutely horrid to have in there. However if you dont want to discard them you can pickle the stems.

We have a vitamix 5200 and bought it from costco in 2009 - havent really used it all that much until this year when we have had a green smoothie nearly every day.

Another tip about kale - if you are making green smoothies with it - buy a shit load when its on special and freeze it then its simple to break up when frozen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

impulsively I decided to pick up a blender....
    I did a little research and read this and other forms, and decided to buy a "el cheapo" for now.

As far as I can tell, you have blendtec & vitamix leading the pack.
    Both made with better Carafe's, and metal components, and 1300-1500 watts
    I believe that its 6 and half dozen for most people's purpose's, and the Vitamix can spin to obsurd speeds of like 37000RPM, vs 29000 for Blendtec

then the rest

just to see if I liked blending, someone told me about Ninja & the Healthmaster Elite

From reading, all reviews seems to show that Ninja overall is better, but being that it was 10:30 at Walmart, and I like "walmart's exchange policy" better than Canadian Tire or Bed Bath & Beyond... I grabbed the Healthmaster Elite

Its rated higher in power than an equivalent Ninja, and is on sale for $118
    From reviews, the healthmaster (older) version was full of bugs and unreliable motor...

This one is supposed to be "Better", but its definitely a "made in china" product.

Its rated at 2hp, 1200 watts and can do 22'000 rpm

So far, its emulsifying everything I throw at it, to a level I'm happy with.

I figure, if it breaks in a few months (even though it has a lifetime warranty on the motor) its cheap enough, AND I can always figure a way to replace it at walmart.

Overall, its very very smooth, and I MUCH prefer the quality of what I can create than the Ice filled smoothies I pay $7.65 for at Jugo in my building.

but now that I do like "Blending" - I will buy a Vitamix when this dies.

Matt try using a bit more liquid if it's not mashing up everything. It won't crush the seeds but there shouldn't be any kale chunks under the blades or anything when you're done. I put a handfull of almonds in mine and it almost completely crushes them if the blades can move fast enough.

It'll never crush everything as good as a Blendtec/Vitamix but pretty good for $80 and convenient as hell haha.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-02-2013 at 12:01 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I've had more luck with the kale by leaving the stems out and shredding it a bit before I blend it!
    Ultracrepidarian

jeeze... Costco has a Blentec for $359

even though that's 3x the price of the homemaster elite... thats a good deal

I am kinda of a BLENDER Whore, and own two Blendtecs, and a Vitamix 6300. Both are great Blenders.. I would say the Vitamix is more for Chefs, and the Blendtec is more of the smoothie maker. You get what you pay for, and I would never go back to a cheapo blender..

If anyone wants the blendtec, get it at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon. Vitamix is exempt from the coupon but Blendtec isn't. Return policy is the same as Costco so basically a lifetime warranty.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    If anyone wants the blendtec, get it at Bed Bath & Beyond with a 20% off coupon. Vitamix is exempt from the coupon but Blendtec isn't. Return policy is the same as Costco so basically a lifetime warranty.
    does that work out being the same price?

The commercial series blenders available from Waring, Blendtec, Vitamix and Hamilton beech are quite a bit more powerful th an the retail end.

Most are 3.5HP motors that are anywhere from true 1500 watts to 1800 watts and can spin freely to like 45000 rpm

good review
    http://www.artipot.com/articles/4400...er-blender.htm
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 11-09-2013 at 10:47 AM.

+1 for Blendtec. It's loud as hell but it gets the jobs done quick. I don't regret it at all. It definitely has paid off in a big way helping me live a healthier lifestyle.

There was no way in hell I was going to pay hundreds of dollars for a Vitamix or Blendtec, when all the reviews I found said that the Ninja's were just as good, and at a fraction of the cost.

I ended up getting this Ninja at CT. It's regular $99.00, but is often on sale for less. It's easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and has a very large capacity.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ni...l#.Uq8TX9JDu4I

When I was standing in line at CT, a guy beside me said, "You're going to love that. We got one a few weeks ago, and it works way better than those really cheap blenders".

After now using it a few times, suffice to say that I am indeed loving it. The quality is very good, and I think this thing could even blend rocks if one was so inclined.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

My 2 cents. I have the ninja professional and have used it almost every other day for 6 months and love it! My favorite part is the single serve function which makes for easy cleanup. I have not used the more expensive blenders but the ninja definitely blends good enough.

For the bigger blender guys, if you're making a single smoothie aren't you wasting a lot from leftoevers?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Seth1968
    There was no way in hell I was going to pay hundreds of dollars for a Vitamix or Blendtec, when all the reviews I found said that the Ninja's were just as good, and at a fraction of the cost.

I ended up getting this Ninja at CT. It's regular $99.00, but is often on sale for less. It's easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and has a very large capacity.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ni...l#.Uq8TX9JDu4I

When I was standing in line at CT, a guy beside me said, "You're going to love that. We got one a few weeks ago, and it works way better than those really cheap blenders".

After now using it a few times, suffice to say that I am indeed loving it. The quality is very good, and I think this thing could even blend rocks if one was so inclined.

Originally posted by supe
    My 2 cents. I have the ninja professional and have used it almost every other day for 6 months and love it! My favorite part is the single serve function which makes for easy cleanup. I have not used the more expensive blenders but the ninja definitely blends good enough.

For the bigger blender guys, if you're making a single smoothie aren't you wasting a lot from leftoevers?
    Does the container it comes with only single serve or there are two in the box?

Interested in changing our blender and this looks promising.

Originally posted by flipstah

Does the container it comes with only single serve or there are two in the box?

Interested in changing our blender and this looks promising.
    The one I posted just has the one large container and blades throughout most of the jug.

What I'm doing right now, is using 300 grams of frozen mixed berries, then filling the rest of the container with water. Blend that for 30 seconds and you've got a jugful of antioxidant, anti disease drinks.

I'm going to start mixing some greens in the blend, or just making a separate vegetable mixture. Either way, that means I no longer have to deal with actually preparing and eating fruits and vegetables ever again FTW

most comprehensive video

that being said... My friend bought a ninja ultimate 1500, and I have a cheapo health master 1200, and both do a wicked job at churning things apart.

Next blender though, will be a blendtec for sure, as Costco has these regularly at $359 OR a Waring Pro

presently my blender uses the cross propeller style, and I can bring water to a boil in about 4 minutes already... its a strong motor, but the reviews says its suspect in reliablity. BUt hey its walmart and only $120, and everyone knows their return policy lol

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

To keep this thread alive I myself was looking for a new blender as I was using a Magic Bullet but it just sucked for frozen fruits such as strawberries and such.

So I was looking at the Ninja for $99 but it had such all over the place reviews and especially when it came to how sharp the blade was it had me worried.

I read in here how someone went to Walmart and picked up a Healthmaster Elite and while it cost $50 I have to simply say it was worth it.

The weight of the unit alone is fairly surprising and weights around 10-11lbs. I tossed a handful of ice in and hit the ice button to see what would happen and literally ended up with ice that exploded upon contact.. quite frightening.

I am planning on picking up some frozen berries to run another test tomorrow to see how it does and hopefully works well.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast