Quantcast
Blenders - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Blenders

My Ride
    Axis powers

Originally posted by firebane

MB is a waste of money either get the Nutribullet or an actual blender.
    I have an actual it's a pain to drag it out, clean and put it away for protein drinks, i want something quick and easy to clean that can stay on the counter top

Originally posted by Strider

I got the Nutribullet, it's not really any louder than my oster blender.

If you're okay with red, grab the red Nutribullet on clearance for $50 from Target (Sunridge), then you don't have to worry about price differential between MB and NB.
    Thanks for that, i'm fine with Red for half price

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

The blender I have takes all of a minute or two to clean out.

I fill it half full with water and soap let it blend that up for a second. Rinse and dry. Done.

My Ride
    Axis powers

meh to each their own...
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

The blender I have is like 30+ years old and she's a beast. The torque this motor puts out spins the base if you don't hold it.

I found one on E-bay, haha even look at the description!

THIS AUCTION IS FOR A VINTAGE CHROME OSTERIZER GALAXIE 10 SPEED BLENDER BASE / MOTOR ONLY. IT IS SERVICE NUMBER #847-68S. THIS BLENDER BASE IS IN GOOD WORKING CONDITION. IT HAS A VERY POWERFUL MOTOR.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OSTE...-/261392221119

There is something about old appliances that makes them seem like they were designed to survive a nuclear blast.

*EDIT... Durr, I guess they designed them this way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osterizer

Osterizers tended towards heavy construction and motors. While this raised cost, many early-model Osterizers still function today, and are more powerful than a majority of contemporary consumer blenders.
    Last edited by themack89; 02-12-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    On Sabbatical

We have two blenders one glass oster which is pretty good and a vitamix. Hands down the vitamix is better in every way. It holds more, blends better and cleans easily. The oster is surprisingly good though its just too small and more of a pain to clean.. I use a blender a lot more now that I have a vitamix but I could see why people don't want to spend the money.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Strider
    If you're okay with red, grab the red Nutribullet on clearance for $50 from Target (Sunridge), then you don't have to worry about price differential between MB and NB.
    Just got back from there. Either they're all gone or I'm blind.

My Ride
    Axis powers

they were gone when i went on thursday, ended up picking up the normal colour one... i don't know what some people are talking about, the nutribullet isn't anywhere close to 100db
    Sig nuked by mod.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 01:46 AM.

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

We just picked up a blendtec from bed bath and beyond they have that 20% off coupon for email signup which usually excludes vitamix and blendtec but not this one! so all in it was 416.00 pretty good price great blender and 7 year warranty.
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

Bump; looking to move to either a blendtec or a vitamix. Anyone come across any great deals for these lately?

Was originally leaning towards a vitamix but it isn't usable with the 20% off coupon from BB&B while the blendtec is.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm still blown away that I spent $700 on a fucking Blender earlier this year.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

^^ What model did you go with?

My Ride
    AECO

I got the Blentec in Feb from Costco, and initially thought it was a pretty good blender. After 200 blends, I was noticing the performance deteriorating. I just exchanged for the new VitaMix (NQA), and after a couple of weeks, I am blown away at the results. The smoothies have a totally different taste and very smooth texture coming from the VitaMix. For example, I used to really taste the cucumber and celery in my smoothies and don't anymore. I believe The Consumer Reports article is correct on the Vitamix and Blendtec. The big difference between the two is the blades. Where Blendtec has 2 large dull blades that can't be changed, the vitamix has 4 sharp blades that can be changed.

My Ride
    Grimace

I still like my blendtec lots but only about 50 uses so far. I mainly like how it has the buttons to do different things instead of not having them and just a dial.

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

Originally posted by BrknFngrs
    Bump; looking to move to either a blendtec or a vitamix. Anyone come across any great deals for these lately?

Was originally leaning towards a vitamix but it isn't usable with the 20% off coupon from BB&B while the blendtec is.
    I have this and love it for my smoothies. Haven't tried it for soups or anything intense but this is a great product:
    http://m.costco.ca/Vitamix-TurboBlen...100084641.html

I've seen it for sale in the $300-350 rang.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by BrknFngrs
    ^^ What model did you go with?
    http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/sto...323-001961--24

Looks like prices dropped a little since I bought it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    AECO

Originally posted by schocker
    I still like my blendtec lots but only about 50 uses so far. I mainly like how it has the buttons to do different things instead of not having them and just a dial.
    I thought I liked the presets, lcd display, and smaller profile. In the end, I am extremely happy Costco let me trade up. The VitaMix I got has presets on it, it's the Total Nutrition Centre 3 in Red.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Originally posted by stillworking
    I got the Blentec in Feb from Costco, and initially thought it was a pretty good blender. After 200 blends, I was noticing the performance deteriorating. I just exchanged for the new VitaMix (NQA), and after a couple of weeks, I am blown away at the results. The smoothies have a totally different taste and very smooth texture coming from the VitaMix. For example, I used to really taste the cucumber and celery in my smoothies and don't anymore. I believe The Consumer Reports article is correct on the Vitamix and Blendtec. The big difference between the two is the blades. Where Blendtec has 2 large dull blades that can't be changed, the vitamix has 4 sharp blades that can be changed.

I bought my blendtec about 3ish years ago and the counter is now at over 4000 blends... We have 2 jars and I have only ever used the large size. Maybe you got a bad unit because like I said over 4000 blends on the same blade and it still chews through frozen berries easily...

As kaput said, until you have one you don't really realize how much you can use it for. Given our counter, that's on average more than 3 blend cycles every single day for over 3 years... Haha

Picked up the Blendtec Designer 625 from BB&B and tried it out this AM; not nearly as loud as I was expecting based on peoples comments and chewed up all the fruits and veggies nicely

Originally posted by stillworking
    Where Blendtec has 2 large dull blades that can't be changed, the vitamix has 4 sharp blades that can be changed.
    Blenders are supposed to pulverize food not slice it.

The sharpness of the blades or even the number of them is irrelevant.

Speed and strength of the motor along with the shape of the pitcher is more important IMO.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast