Quantcast
looking for a diesel repair shop in or near calgary - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: looking for a diesel repair shop in or near calgary

Originally posted by SKR

You obviously don't know what EFI Live is. $500 might be a good deal for a lot of things. $500 isn't a good deal for a simple EFI Live tune.
    EFI live is a pass through device that puts a clalbration into a pcm using SAE protocal flashing. Whether it be the snap-on pass through pro, drewtech, mastertech or EFI live they all work the same way.

Lets uses dodge as a example. You can load the new calibration onto the pcm and program the vin using a pass through device. But now you have to reset the security system because files were changed in the computer. You need a DRB III factory scan tool to do that. If you don't have one you are going to have to tow the vehicle to the dealer to get it reset.

Originally posted by HO2S

EFI live is a pass through device that puts a clalbration into a pcm using SAE protocal flashing. Whether it be the snap-on pass through pro, drewtech, mastertech or EFI live they all work the same way.

Lets uses dodge as a example. You can load the new calibration onto the pcm and program the vin using a pass through device. But now you have to reset the security system because files were changed in the computer. You need a DRB III factory scan tool to do that. If you don't have one you are going to have to tow the vehicle to the dealer to get it reset.
    What in the fuck are you talking about? I've seen countless flawlessly executed EFI live tunes with no such consequences.

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

It's not worth it with him, just throw him on the ignore list and move on. The rotary thread went the same way. If he follows the same pattern he'll now spout a bunch of technical nonsense unrelated to the topic at hand, and mention his specific knowledge and technical training .
    Boy, you weren't kidding lol
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 09-03-2013 at 01:46 PM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

1. What does Dodge have to do with anything? Seriously, tell me. I'd love to hear how this is relevant.
    2. Disabling the EGR doesn't require resetting the security system. There is no reason why it would. Source: I've done it to my own truck, and have drove it almost 30,000km over two years without having to tow it to the dealer to have anything reset.

Remember how you thought a Cummins 6BT required communication with an ECM/BCM/TCM, and you refused to believe me when I said all it needed was fuel and air to run? This is a lot like that. It's okay to not know anything about certain topics. There are lots of things I don't know either. The thing is to not act like you do know what you're talking about.

Originally posted by SKR

1. What does Dodge have to do with anything? Seriously, tell me. I'd love to hear how this is relevant.
    2. Disabling the EGR doesn't require resetting the security system. There is no reason why it would. Source: I've done it to my own truck, and have drove it almost 30,000km over two years without having to tow it to the dealer to have anything reset.

Remember how you thought a Cummins 6BT required communication with an ECM/BCM/TCM, and you refused to believe me when I said all it needed was fuel and air to run? This is a lot like that. It's okay to not know anything about certain topics. There are lots of things I don't know either. The thing is to not act like you do know what you're talking about.
    I think the problem is we get talking about two different things then it goes sideways.
    There are some files you can change without having to reset stuff. Then there are others that you do have to do a reset on. That is why I said sometimes you get burned and sometimes you get away with it.

No I do not know everything, and I do talk in absoults and some people get butthurt over it. But I do know a lot about programming. At the end of they, I get paid to fix DIY'ers fuck ups.

At the end of they, I get paid to fix DIY'ers fuck ups.
    So you're a dealer tech then? Sure would explain a lot.

Oh fuck me, I'm laughing my balls off
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Last edited by HO2S; 09-03-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2