Quantcast
Rant: Calgary Homeless Foundation - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rant: Calgary Homeless Foundation

Default Rant: Calgary Homeless Foundation

Thanks
    Last edited by colt22; 09-14-2019 at 09:09 PM.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Some of what you describe is illegal. Report it using the non-emergency number. If you want it gone or the residents removed you will need documented cases reported to the cops I would suspect.

I do find it funny that they want to "end homelessness". You will never end it. More shelters you build the more that will show up. I remember reading somewhere that a vast majority of homeless in Calgary moved here without a place to live or a job. There was a huge influx after the drop in center opened as I recall.

If you build it they will come. Best way to combat homelessness is stop coddling them. Nothing motivates like nowhere to to live and no food. That and increasing mental health services. But for sane homeless...tough love I say.

My Ride
    Ford F150

lol. One winter without shelters should help take care of that.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 01:50 PM.

"There's no homeless in Moose Jaw" You can move there... or since you're renting just wait it out and move to a new area. All I can say is better there and NIMBY... During the flood the homeless were bused to the hotel at Edmonton tr and McKnight and that area went to hell, drunks on the street all hours of the day, people sleeping on the grass, pissing on the street, crossing the street anyplace they wanted. Reminded me of mainland China without the honking of car horns.

Originally posted by CompletelyNumb
    lol. One winter without shelters should help take care of that.
    When I was in Seattle this year I was alarmed at the amount of homeless... but then it got me thinking, it's primarily warm there year round, i mean not SUPER warm , but nice enough - makes me wonder why the fuck would any homeless live in calgary or colder climates when there are much nicer climates to be in if you don't have a house. Then I remembered how much we support the homeless here...Sad to say it but you're right
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

i had a good friend that i couldn't help anymore...

yes he had issues, was abused growing up... but you just can't help people who won't help themselves...

He was self destructive, angry, and though a "Bright" enough individual, was too proud to accept help, or when he recieved it, from me... it would be a backhanded "thank you, but I could have done this myself without you"

well enough was enough, and soon enough he was on the street.

the only person I knew, who was given opportunities, like everyone is in Canada, was receiving ASHE (I can't remember the acronym) was recommneded to participate in rehab, on the govt's dime and nickle, but refused.

he kept cashing the welfare checks... kept buying booze and drugs, and eventually couldn't make rent and lived at the shelters.

he was receiving something like $1400 monthly, recieving/abusing anti-depressants like lorazepam & still dining and living in the shelters.

Some people caught on that he had cash, so the people he "owed" money to, ended up asking for more than he owed... and they took his teeth instead (meaning they kicked his face in)

well... unfortunately my one time friend is no longer a friend, and when he showed up at my doorsteps again... I told him to leave or I'll call the cops

haven't heard from him since... and though he's a good person, with a good heart, his inability to deal with his "pain" and trying to mask them to both legally procured and illegal narcotics means he's going to die.

what pisses me off is, why do we have a social system that caters to these clowns?

I have no sympathy anymore, and I know that all these people have had more than a few chances to clean up their act, but are unwilling... but somehow they've managed a way to rely and live off our social safety net...

Some stupid kid living at a halfway house was kicked out of his building by whomever the landlady was... so he and his GF were walking along on 14th and 9th SW rambling along.

started cussing me out from across the street. I didn't pay him any notice, not worth my time... I'm walking to work

the eff'er decides to throw an empty bottle of gin at me, and it smashes about 10 feet behind me.

Needless to say, I apologize to the tax payers, as yet again another degenerate had to visit emergency services, but not for a typical overose, but result of my self defense.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Originally posted by r3ccOs
    the only person I knew, who was given opportunities, like everyone is in Canada, was receiving ASHE (I can't remember the acronym) was recommneded to participate in rehab, on the govt's dime and nickle, but refused.

he kept cashing the welfare checks... kept buying booze and drugs, and eventually couldn't make rent and lived at the shelters.

he was receiving something like $1400 monthly, recieving/abusing anti-depressants like lorazepam & still dining and living in the shelters.

AISH. I know of a few people on it that in no way should be getting it. And it's sad, because there actually IS a place for this is our province. But it's been so diluted with scabs and fakes that personally i think the whole system needs to be scrapped and reintroduced with new requirements and people having to requalify.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Originally posted by frizzlefry
    Some of what you describe is illegal. Report it using the non-emergency number. If you want it gone or the residents removed you will need documented cases reported to the cops I would suspect.

I do find it funny that they want to "end homelessness". You will never end it. More shelters you build the more that will show up. I remember reading somewhere that a vast majority of homeless in Calgary moved here without a place to live or a job. There was a huge influx after the drop in center opened as I recall.

If you build it they will come. Best way to combat homelessness is stop coddling them. Nothing motivates like nowhere to to live and no food. That and increasing mental health services. But for sane homeless...tough love I say.
    THIS.

When your teenage kid starts working part time at McDonalds, don't forget to tell them that they're also working to pay for thousands of people to sit on their ass, watch tv, and get high / drunk.

If a neighbors house was somehow turned into one of those halfway houses, I'd sue their asses off given that my house would be virtually worthless.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by 403Gemini

When I was in Seattle this year I was alarmed at the amount of homeless... but then it got me thinking, it's primarily warm there year round, i mean not SUPER warm , but nice enough - makes me wonder why the fuck would any homeless live in calgary or colder climates when there are much nicer climates to be in if you don't have a house. Then I remembered how much we support the homeless here...Sad to say it but you're right
    Let's just buy the homeless passports...

*insert comments about native people, and all the people living out east also leeching off the corrupt and retarded system*

It seems in Canada the people who help themselves get ignored by the government. Sad to say, I doubt the city would move the house even if you report these losers 1000 times. I would honestly just move because the constant piss off of the situation would ruin many of my days.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Originally posted by davidI

Let's just buy the homeless passports...

King Ralph was the best.
    100.00 dollars and a one way bus ticket to B.C.

My Ride
    1989 JDM SW20, 2013 Civic LX 5Spd

Originally posted by Type_S1
    *insert comments about native people, and all the people living out east also leeching off the corrupt and retarded system*

It seems in Canada the people who help themselves get ignored by the government. Sad to say, I doubt the city would move the house even if you report these losers 1000 times. I would honestly just move because the constant piss off of the situation would ruin many of my days.
    His homes market value would have dropped by a good chunk due to the homeless building being there, I'd bet

Originally posted by Idiot Stick

His homes market value would have dropped by a good chunk due to the homeless building being there, I'd bet
    It is a rental

My Ride
    1989 JDM SW20, 2013 Civic LX 5Spd

Originally posted by Type_S1

It is a rental
    Aaaaaand i can't read haha

Send 'em to a leper colony in Hawaii.

Wait a second... $50K in welfare, free food, free sun, free rent.

Daammn.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-21-2019 at 01:50 PM.