Quantcast
Best place to buy a tempur pedic mattress? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best place to buy a tempur pedic mattress?

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV

That's interesting!I just bought that one too because I like the feel of a memory foam mattress but didn't want to spend $2500+ on a tempurpedic. It's getting delivered on Monday. I'll let you guys know what I think after.
    Congrats! Which model did you get? Was it the Serafina?

Be aware that it will be quite hard at first. It takes a couple of days for it to fully expand. That didn't stop me from sleeping on it the first night, though.

It was probably a month before mine reached it's final firmness.

One tip I read and tried (and have no way of confirming if it works) is to walk all over the mattress with bare feet to open the cells in the memory foam (or something). Somebody on the US Costco website said that this was the procedure that they used at the mattress stores he worked at to get freshly unpacked foam mattresses ready for testing more quickly.

Take a video of that thing expanding!

Can you physically pick those up from Costco or do you have to have it delivered?

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Originally posted by dexlargo
    Congrats! Which model did you get? Was it the Serafina?

Be aware that it will be quite hard at first. It takes a couple of days for it to fully expand. That didn't stop me from sleeping on it the first night, though.

It was probably a month before mine reached it's final firmness.

One tip I read and tried (and have no way of confirming if it works) is to walk all over the mattress with bare feet to open the cells in the memory foam (or something). Somebody on the US Costco website said that this was the procedure that they used at the mattress stores he worked at to get freshly unpacked foam mattresses ready for testing more quickly.

Take a video of that thing expanding!
    Thanks for the tips. I will take a video of it expanding!

I ended up getting the Primafina.

http://www.costco.ca/Primafina-Memor...100042438.html

Partly because it was on sale and partly because of the ultrasoft foam layer. I'm really afraid that it's as firm as the tempurpedic.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Can you physically pick those up from Costco or do you have to have it delivered?
    Delivery only. I ordered on Aug 26 and it's getting delivery on Sept 9 in case you are curious on the time.

My Ride
    whatever I feel like

Tempur-pedic all the way bro. U buy something else, u'll need to replace them one day. Trust me....

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

I just got a queen Tempur Pedic from the Brick. $1999 - $100 off coupon I got with my new platinum card + 51" Samsung TV that i sold for $550 on Kijiji sameday.

I traded in my Beautyrest bowling ball bed from them first and had it 30 days. It had already started to cave in and impression. The Tempur Pedic is very firm but the best bed ever. The wife loves it too.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by Maxt

I bought mine from Costco to.. I don't think I would be successful in repackaging it back in the box to return it..
    Lol does anyone return stuff to costco in the original box.

I took back some phones recently that broke 5 years ago and the lady asked why I didnt bring it in 4 years ago when they broke and I said "uhhh lazy i guess" she shook her head but I still got my money back.

Regarding the mattress back in april we bought a tempurpedic after seeing that the brick was having a sale on them. We bought from sleep country after getting them to match a similar priced one from the brick however the sleep country version was much better quality than the bricks.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by dexlargo

davidI, how long ago did you get your memory foam mattress? Do you know which one it was? Do they still make it?
    I'd bought mine Q1 2009 so things certainly may have been improved over the years!

It was a great mattress and the 'heat' issue wasn't that bad, just thought I'd mention it.

Okay, as I promised yesterday, here is the Consumer Reports Article on mattresses. I'm trying a different image converter to see if the resolution comes out okay. I didn't know it would stamp the images, sorry.

page 1:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2:

etc.
    Last edited by dexlargo; 09-07-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Last one:

I think I'm gonna go all out and get the Altabello. Can't really see any way you can possibly go wrong given the return policy!

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by NoMoreG35
    Tempur-pedic all the way bro. U buy something else, u'll need to replace them one day. Trust me....
    Feel free to piss away your money if you want on a tempur-pedic. When I was looking at them, the tempur was almost 4 times the price of the costco one. Considering our last "brand name" mattress lasted 2 years, I feel I'm pretty ahead of the game even if I have to buy a new novaform every year.

Now, consider that I've had my Novaform for what, 2 years now and it's still awesome? I'm well ahead of the game.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by codetrap
    Feel free to piss away your money if you want on a tempur-pedic. When I was looking at them, the tempur was almost 4 times the price of the costco one. Considering our last "brand name" mattress lasted 2 years, I feel I'm pretty ahead of the game even if I have to buy a new novaform every year.

Now, consider that I've had my Novaform for what, 2 years now and it's still awesome? I'm well ahead of the game.
    Yep, 4 years late and my Novaform was still good enough for my parents to use it to replace their $2k+ mattress.

My Ride
    CBR 929

We bought a king tempurpedic. Love it. Not hot at all, they have some new stay cool fabric or layer on it that helps---we switched out the bed before it for exactly that reason, way way too hot (was a coil mattress with pillow top).

No complaints yet regarding comfort, I don't usually like a firmer mattress but have no problems with the tempurpedic. As well there is almost zero movement when someone moves around on the bed which is awesome.

The chemical smell the first few days is a little intense but does seem to dissipate quickly.

Never saw the ones at Costco but the Tempur has a 20 year warranty ( so does the one at Costco) so not really worried about the price (don't know if we will keep it 20 years but 10 for sure).

[url]

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Bignerd, if you're happy with it, then you didn't piss away any money. I just hate the cryptic comments from people that are pure FUD.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Ended up ordering the Serafina. The Altabello sounded like it would be too soft.

K so my mattress just got here. 14" thick, king size, in a box??? I am so taking a video of this thing expanding. That's absolutely unreal!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

How much is monthly rent on that thing?

I kid, I kid, hope you like the mattress man.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast