Quantcast
Testosterone Replacement Therapy? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Testosterone Replacement Therapy?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by zipdoa

You're on Testosterone Enanthate (probably branded as Delatestryl). I would recommend splitting that dose into 100mg/week. It will keep your T levels from spiking too much.

Watch out for acne. And frequent erections.
    Yeah Im not looking forward to the acne. I think i'll prob start on the 200mg every 2 weeks until I get used to giving myself the shots, Im really not looking forward to injecting a needle into myself every 2 or every 1 week

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

What guage of needle? Slin pins?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by nzwasp

Yeah Im not looking forward to the acne. I think i'll prob start on the 200mg every 2 weeks until I get used to giving myself the shots, Im really not looking forward to injecting a needle into myself every 2 or every 1 week
    I get that mentality, but speaking from 8 years of experience, the more you do it the easier it becomes. Doing it biweekly means you only practice 26 times a year. It's scary and you can hurt yourself if you do it wrong, but take your time, be sanitary and you'll do fine. I can get it done in under five minutes. When I was doing it monthly, I'd have to psyche myself up for 20 minutes just to get the courage to stick myself.

You'll do fine. Get a 23g1 needle for injection and alternate quadriceps each time. It becomes easy and eventually you'll be stoked to get it done, knowing the effects it will have on your body. Good luck!

But you didn't answer my question... Notice any changes yet?

Edit: had wrong needle size. 22g1 for withdrawal 23g1 to inject
    Last edited by zipdoa; 09-27-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I pmd you, but no effects yet because i havent started I had to bank some sperm for a 2nd kid down the road. I also have a syndrome (different one) and it causes the low testosterone and a bunch of other effects. I'll prob start sometime in October.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

I'm curious. What levels did u guys have for those who claim to have low testosterone? Or anyone else who has had there t levels checked, what were the results?

Which is more important when determining if ur low or not? Total testosterone or free testosterone? Or something else? (I've only read abt those two thus far)

And what constitutes low testosterone? Lower end of the "normal" scale that doctors use for lab results or even lower? (I think the range is from around 10-30 ish... Don't remember the units)
    Last edited by EK69; 09-28-2013 at 12:39 AM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Originally posted by EK69
    I'm curious. What levels did u guys have for those who claim to have low testosterone? Or anyone else who has had there t levels checked, what were the results?

Which is more important when determining if ur low or not? Total testosterone or free testosterone? Or something else? (I've only read abt those two thus far)

And what constitutes low testosterone? Lower end of the "normal" scale that doctors use for lab results or even lower? (I think the range is from around 10-30 ish... Don't remember the units)
    It's 8 to 28, I think. I don't remember the units either, or if that's free or total testosterone.

I got tested twice. First one was 5.XX, and the second one was 8.XX. My doctor decided that meant I was good, and that was the end of that.

I listen to a podcast and they talk a lot about testosterone. They say the "normal" range is skewed because low testosterone goes undiagnosed so often that the low end of the normal range might include people with below-normal testosterone. Meaning that the actual low end of the normal range might actually be higher than 8. They mentioned a few times that if you're having trouble getting your regular doctor to give you a prescription to go see a urologist. I haven't done that but I intend to.

I tried puncture vine pills once. I knew they probably wouldn't work but they only cost $30 or so. I ended up just having more bizarre, vivid dreams and fucked with my sleep so I threw the pills out.

The podcast is "Weird Medicine". This is one of the shows that discusses testosterone.

http://www.doctorsteve.com/2012/05/2...ectal-fissure/

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I'll check it out.

My doctor told me that there's your testosterone levels but they are monitored by another chemical in your brain and if that level is higher than normal it means that the testosterone you are producing is not capable of doing anything if its always triggering this sensor. Anyway my testosterone level is 13.5 not sure if that's free or total but my sensor level is 29 which is about 20 points higher than it should be I think. Its been like that since I was last tested in early 2011. I'm at the lab having another test for that now before starting treatment. The doctor suspects my levels will be worse.

The doctor I was recently referred to was dr kline at the richmond road (old childrens hospital) center.

Took me 18 months to get in with him.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by zipdoa

I get that mentality, but speaking from 8 years of experience, the more you do it the easier it becomes. Doing it biweekly means you only practice 26 times a year. It's scary and you can hurt yourself if you do it wrong, but take your time, be sanitary and you'll do fine. I can get it done in under five minutes. When I was doing it monthly, I'd have to psyche myself up for 20 minutes just to get the courage to stick myself.

You'll do fine. Get a 23g1 needle for injection and alternate quadriceps each time. It becomes easy and eventually you'll be stoked to get it done, knowing the effects it will have on your body. Good luck!

But you didn't answer my question... Notice any changes yet?

Edit: had wrong needle size. 22g1 for withdrawal 23g1 to inject
    Did you notice much acne? I spoke to the pharmacy they told me they would be giving me 25g needles for the injections, no idea how long though. I think i can psyche myself up enough to do it. I guess im just afraid of the initial prick but I have had acupuncture a whole bunch of times in the same areas and it never hurts so im thinking that a 25g needle also wouldnt hurt.

With my syndrome I dont grow much facial hair, no chest or back hair and Im interested if all that will start to grow when i do start taking the shots? maybe this year I might be in the running for movember haha

My Ride

Did you notice much acne? I spoke to the pharmacy they told me they would be giving me 25g needles for the injections, no idea how long though. I think i can psyche myself up enough to do it. I guess im just afraid of the initial prick but I have had acupuncture a whole bunch of times in the same areas and it never hurts so im thinking that a 25g needle also wouldnt hurt.

With my syndrome I dont grow much facial hair, no chest or back hair and Im interested if all that will start to grow when i do start taking the shots? maybe this year I might be in the running for movember haha
    Initially, no acne. I had been on accutane through my teens and although it wasn't bad in the first place, it was completely gone by the time I was 19. I goofed through my twenties and took months off injection due to laziness/fear/emotional issues. When I got back on, I started to get bacne. I have moderate bacne now but my face and chest are fine. I'm going to try dove antibacterial soap because it seem to be the first choice amongst roiders.

25g needle seems really small. Might be a bitch to get the fluid through and into your leg. Injections are easy, just be sanitary as hell. You don't want a staph infection deep inside your leg. You'll likely notice secondary sex characteristics, but nothing beyond your genetic potential - eg: if you have a brother who doesn't suffer from an endocronological defect, and isn't particularly hairy, you probably won't suddenly grow body hair like an arab.
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I spoke to the nurse at the clinic and im starting next thurs. Apparently I need a 22g or 23g needle to inject like you said and a 18g to withdrawal. Hopefully it will come easily to me.

My Ride

I spoke to the nurse at the clinic and im starting next thurs. Apparently I need a 22g or 23g needle to inject like you said and a 18g to withdrawal. Hopefully it will come easily to me.
    They'll show you how to do it. Try and do it weekly. The more often it happens, the easier it becomes.

Originally posted by SKR

It's 8 to 28, I think. I don't remember the units either, or if that's free or total testosterone.

I got tested twice. First one was 5.XX, and the second one was 8.XX. My doctor decided that meant I was good, and that was the end of that.

I listen to a podcast and they talk a lot about testosterone. They say the "normal" range is skewed because low testosterone goes undiagnosed so often that the low end of the normal range might include people with below-normal testosterone. Meaning that the actual low end of the normal range might actually be higher than 8. They mentioned a few times that if you're having trouble getting your regular doctor to give you a prescription to go see a urologist. I haven't done that but I intend to.

I tried puncture vine pills once. I knew they probably wouldn't work but they only cost $30 or so. I ended up just having more bizarre, vivid dreams and fucked with my sleep so I threw the pills out.

The podcast is "Weird Medicine". This is one of the shows that discusses testosterone.

http://www.doctorsteve.com/2012/05/2...ectal-fissure/
    I'll have to check that out
    I'll probably ask my doctor to mark off the testosterone test next blood check too. Is there any specific tests to be doing? Other than checking off "testosterone" on the sheet lol.

There's others in here that said they are low test levels. How did u find out and what tests did you do to find out?

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Once I ask a doctor to send me for blood test and also testosterone test. He told me not waste tax payer's money. I am curious though.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    Once I ask a doctor to send me for blood test and also testosterone test. He told me not waste tax payer's money. I am curious though.
    Sounds like a terrible doctor.

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

Originally posted by Darkane
    He's self pinning. I would try and do 50mg every third day.

Have you had your estradiol levels checked since therapy?

@Zipdoa - are you taking arimidex or hcg along with your test?
    It's a long ester, twice a week would be all that is needed. Mon/Thursday

As for needles, 22x1.5, for withdraw and inject for glutes, 23x1 for mostly anything else.

Ahh I didn't read its only 100mg per week.. I'd do it once a week, but thats me.
    Last edited by OneGreasyHobo; 10-08-2013 at 11:12 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I start tomorrow with the shots. Ive also started doing a 45min hiit routine everyday so im hoping the shots will build some muscle and help me recover a bit faster than the current 3 weeks recovery i currently have.

My Ride

I start tomorrow with the shots. Ive also started doing a 45min hiit routine everyday so im hoping the shots will build some muscle and help me recover a bit faster than the current 3 weeks recovery i currently have.
    HRT will make a difference, but it's just one component. Pay attention to nutrition and rest as well. Is your HIIT based on running/cycling or weight training?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Weight training based. I've upped my protein a lot as well.

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

Weight training based. I've upped my protein a lot as well.
    Up your protein, eat good and enjoy.

Your first shot is the only scary one.

My Ride

Originally posted by OneGreasyHobo

Up your protein, eat good and enjoy.

Your first shot is the only scary one.
    I'd say your first shot, the first time you clip a vein (gets a little bloody), and the first time you get a big lump post injection.

I like to apply pressure and massage out the injection site for a minute post-injection to make sure the hormone gets distributed well and hopefully prevents lumping.

Still have never gotten an infection, and hopefully never will... now THAT would be fucking scary. Sanitize like your life depends on it!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast