Quantcast
Testosterone Replacement Therapy? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Testosterone Replacement Therapy?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Default Testosterone Replacement Therapy?

Im just about to start TRT has anyone had here had experience with that and how did it affect your fitness?

Im 33.

how low did you test?

did you have symptoms to make you ask to be tested?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Yeah. Give some more background. I'm pretty versed in TRT. I'm going to be starting After a couple kids (3-5 years from now) but been low for 6+ years since 25.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Also, what exactly do you mean by "how did it affect your fitness"? I know a handful of older guys(36 and older) who are currently doing TRT/HRT. Also, are you doing TRT solely based on your age/test levels or because you've used aas in the past?
    Last edited by Tej.S; 09-05-2013 at 09:25 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by rob the knob
    how low did you test?

did you have symptoms to make you ask to be tested?
    I have a syndrome which means at some point my balls gave up making testosterone Im thinking this happened sometime in the last 5 years. I have pretty much all the symptoms, i.e no body hair, stubborn gut, low sex drive, hard to put on muscle, no motivation, poor memory etc.

I have managed to have one kid through ivf icsi but the fertility doctor told me it would of been a miracle if I had tried naturally.

So I got referred to a endo which took 2 years, had to see a geneticist first who referred me to the endo because they were worried that low test would lead to bone loss. I didnt think I was going to be on TRT so fast but after reviewing my 2011 results the doc gave me a script straight away.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by Tej.S
    Also, what exactly do you mean by "how did it affect your fitness"? I know a handful of older guys(36 and older) who are currently doing TRT/HRT. Also, are you doing TRT solely based on your age/test levels or because you've used aas in the past?
    No idea what AAS is.

how does it affect fitness as in how much muscle was anyone able to put on through normal working out, recovery times - it takes me like a good 2 weeks to recover from an intense workout currently.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

anabolic androgenic steroids
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride

Originally posted by nzwasp

No idea what AAS is.

how does it affect fitness as in how much muscle was anyone able to put on through normal working out, recovery times - it takes me like a good 2 weeks to recover from an intense workout currently.
    AAS = Steroids.

Well Recovery has A LOT to do with other things as well. Sure higher Test will help, but shit Women Recover too right.

You're probably just in overall bad shape anyway.

Give us your whole treatment. Dose, Frequency, Drug, any other ancillaries.

I've heard HORROR stories about Endo's. Fucking treatments stuck in the past.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

are you over weight and do you smoke?

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

What Darkane said. If it's all hormone related, depending on your dose, the TRT might just help to keep your test levels optimal. If the dose is great enough to raise your test levels above average level, you will definitely see some great gains from going to the gym. If you want some personal in-depth experience, you can actually visit a few steroid forums where some of the natural users have had to go/are still on TRT due to low test levels. They talk about their experiences in and outside of the gym.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Originally posted by fiveowed
    are you over weight and do you smoke?
    Not sure if overweight - im 6'2" and 200 lbs and no i dont smoke.

I do have some belly fat that I dont want.

Um they put me on enathane or something like that 200mg once every 2 weeks via self injection. Only option that seemed to make sense.

Although I cant start until i bank some sperm so I can have another kid in the future some time. So hopefully that wont be too far away. I'd like to get atleast my sex drive up to a frequent amount again.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Don't seem overweight at all. You got prescribed enanthate? Surprised they didn't give you cypionate, it's usually more common. Depending on how you react to it, it'll definitely aid you in putting on some lean muscle mass and fat loss too. Obviously you won't see bodybuilder like gains at that dosage/frequency, but it'll definitely help.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Vitor Belfor did TRT. Same idea?

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

I've been on HRT/TRT since I was 16. I have a cogenital hypogonadism, so before therapy my levels were nearly undetectable. My situation is very different from an older guy who has a functioning endocrine system but just wants to boost his T levels, but I still have a lot of knowledge about endocrinology and steroids. Ask away!
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride

Originally posted by nzwasp

Not sure if overweight - im 6'2" and 200 lbs and no i dont smoke.

I do have some belly fat that I dont want.

Um they put me on enathane or something like that 200mg once every 2 weeks via self injection. Only option that seemed to make sense.

Although I cant start until i bank some sperm so I can have another kid in the future some time. So hopefully that wont be too far away. I'd like to get atleast my sex drive up to a frequent amount again.
    You're on Testosterone Enanthate (probably branded as Delatestryl). I would recommend splitting that dose into 100mg/week. It will keep your T levels from spiking too much.

Watch out for acne. And frequent erections.
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Ford F150

Definitely do the dose weekly.

Get blood work done every month to see what it's keeping your levels at. You shouldn't see any negative side effects at that dosage.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    something green

How safe is doing this therapy.. On a medical program the other day, a doc was going on about how testosterone therapy has increase cancer rates among men, and generally how bad of an idea it was to do HRT...
    I am hypothyroid and will most likely be going to an endo soon for some other tests, I suspect they will be testing my T levels .
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride

He's self pinning. I would try and do 50mg every third day.

Have you had your estradiol levels checked since therapy?

@Zipdoa - are you taking arimidex or hcg along with your test?

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by Darkane
    He's self pinning. I would try and do 50mg every third day.

Have you had your estradiol levels checked since therapy?

@Zipdoa - are you taking arimidex or hcg along with your test?
    Nope. Honestly, I'd be suprised if my endo even knew that aromatase inhibitors were useful in men. Unfortunately I had gyno before I even started TRT, so I had surgery when I was 19. Hasn't returned. HCG wouldn't be useful in my situation - google Kallmann's Syndrome. To get my endocrine system working correctly, I'd have to get on GnRH.

My Ride

OP - Care to comment on your experience so far?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast