Quantcast
Iphone 5S - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Iphone 5S

My Ride
    This and that.

Why are people bickering about phones? Is it just me or does it sound like everyone is taking this too seriously? If you like Apple, go get Apple. If you prefer Android, buy one of those. What's the point of saying one is better than the other, just use whatever tickles your fancy.

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Why are people bickering about phones? Is it just me or does it sound like everyone is taking this too seriously? If you like Apple, go get Apple. If you prefer Android, buy one of those. What's the point of saying one is better than the other, just use whatever tickles your fancy.
    I was just thinking the same thing....to many people whine and complain. Better things in life to worry about

Really, it comes down too price, size, and features...if you like, buy it

if you don't, buy some other phone, lol

the whole andriod vs apple thing, they are both good, get which ever one you like better
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by clem24

Totally agree with this... I have an iPad, and use WP8 (Nokia 620). My dad has 2 Android devices (N4 and Galaxy tab 10 something). the iPad is smooth. The Android devices are TERRIBLE. They are laggy and just difficult to use. The great thing about WP8? Their shittiest phone (i.e. the 520 and 620) offers the same experience as their best phone (i.e. the 920 and 1020); smooth as butta and runs 99% of the shit that the flagship can run.
    I disagree on the Android stuff, except for the Samsung tablet cause I know those are awful. Agree on the WP8 stuff though. I hope it gains more traction and the few missing 'official apps'.

I have the best of both worlds. N4 with stock Android which is smooth as it can be. And a Lumia 920 which I enjoy also. I just miss the google features on the 920 so its not my main phone. Google and MS need to kiss and make up already.

Hello I'm the internet, I don't think we have met?

Kidding aside you're right. Its what us nerds do, some of us anyway.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 09-12-2013 at 05:24 PM.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

I can concede that Apple makes a great product but its not for everyone, and definitely not for the masses. What gets me is when the Apple fans claim things that aren't necessarily true which gives unknowing consumers incorrect information.

I stand by the fact that the market including unknowing iPhone users prefer larger screens. It might not be for YOU, but the market like evolution is demanding larger screens which is in part why Android phones are outselling iPhones, the kicker here is that even Apple is also increasing its screen sizes.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

7.5 generations of iPhone and they increased screen size once.

How many models of Android phones are there?

It's a dizzying array with different feature sets. It's a well fragmented market that is a mix of screen sizes and features.

For you to suggest that everyone wants a 5"+ screen is a strong assumption. I would suggest that some Nexus 5 owners were driven by price, and not necessarily screen size.

You state that people want larger screens as being fact. I think that your facts are pure conjecture.

Originally posted by supe
    I can concede that Apple makes a great product but its not for everyone, and definitely not for the masses. What gets me is when the Apple fans claim things that aren't necessarily true which gives unknowing consumers incorrect information.

I stand by the fact that the market including unknowing iPhone users prefer larger screens. It might not be for YOU, but the market like evolution is demanding larger screens which is in part why Android phones are outselling iPhones, the kicker here is that even Apple is also increasing its screen sizes.
    Talking abt iPhone vs android is retarded. Someone already made the point of how ur comparing an OS to a single phone model. That's like comparing an x5 to all of gm including its sub brands. The x5 only comes in one size with different trims (iPhone) vs all of Gm from small cars (smaller screen phones) to big ass trucks (galaxy note, mega, whatever else is obscenely huge).

A big part of the market may prefer larger screens but so what? Some portions of the market think a full size sedan is all they need (analogy to phones with screens of 4.5-5 inches) whereas some prefer compac cars (4 - 4.5 inch screens like iPhones and whatnot) and some prefer monster trucks (galaxy note 3 or Samsung mega at 6.3 inches I think).

This blanket statement abt iPhone users unknowingly actually preferring larger screens is a funny statement. How do YOU know what EVERY iPhone user wants lol. You just said it might not work for him.... But that every iPhone user wants a big screen. Every thing is subjective to each individual.

One thing apple does and the isheeps follow is "introduce" old shit as new and revolutionary and sell it like they are the ones who did it first. Watch when wireless charging and NFC comes to iPhone. They will sell it like they are the only ones using it awesomely or effectively or some bs like that.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Actually I think Apple were smart waiting on the NFC thing, its basically DOA.

Bluetooth LE is the future imo.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by EK69
    One thing apple does and the isheeps follow is "introduce" old shit as new and revolutionary and sell it like they are the ones who did it first. Watch when wireless charging and NFC comes to iPhone. They will sell it like they are the only ones using it awesomely or effectively or some bs like that.
    Yup, this drives me nuts. Watching the Apple announcement events, and the idiots clapping at the dumbest shit.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Because there are at least 2 more months before we can argue about next gen consoles?

Originally posted by benyl
    It's a dizzying array with different feature sets. It's a well fragmented market that is a mix of screen sizes and features.

For you to suggest that everyone wants a 5"+ screen is a strong assumption. I would suggest that some Nexus 5 owners were driven by price, and not necessarily screen size.

You state that people want larger screens as being fact. I think that your facts are pure conjecture.
    That dizzying array is what people outside of the walled garden refer to as choice

I think the only reason Apple isn't increasing the screen size or has been reluctant to is not because they believe they already have the perfect screen size (remember 3.5" was perfect at one point) but because a lot of apps will be affected. Going to 4" by only stretching the resolution one way "broke" a lot of apps that were designed for the smaller screen. Prior to that a lot of apps were affected as well when they introduced the Retina display.

Even then I still think the iPhone 6 will be larger than 4". It'll be interesting to see how they'll spin the increase in screen size and what resolution they'll jump to so the transition for app developers will be smooth.
    ---

Originally posted by kenny
    So the transition for app developers will be smooth.
    Hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not fucking likely.

Damn 5S is a trend setter. HTC One may be coming out with a gold colored model.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/13/g...aked-in-china/
    ---

Originally posted by pheoxs
    I'd say buy a nexus 4 brand new from Google for 200$ then get a bring your own device discount.
    Agree !

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by kenny

Even then I still think the iPhone 6 will be larger than 4". It'll be interesting to see how they'll spin the increase in screen size and what resolution they'll jump to so the transition for app developers will be smooth.

It almost sounds like apps written for IOS7 will be resolution independent.

http://supraliminal.net/blog/2013/7/...n-independence

Default Re: Iphone 5S

Did they release the cable at AUDI for the new lightning connector ?
    we're still waiting at Infiniti
    Originally posted by colinxx235

A 5S would be my third iphone and obviously very simple to plug n go as I did before. Minus having to purchase a new AMI cable for my Audi.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Regarding the larger screens, just take a look in the market place and look at every single other smart phone and reference their screen size. Its not wise to ignore the competition.

Can you think of another once very popular canadian smart phone company that worked its way to the top then just basically released the same phone over and over and over while ignoring the competition?

I like Apple, and their products but Apple and their followers have this blinding arrogance that they can do no wrong. And screens is just one example. Another example is how they feel the need to create proprietary adapters, I understand the money grab but it does nothing for the tech industry at large.

Just got a pricing e-mail from rogers.

5S
    On 2 year plan
    16GB: 229.99
    32GB: 329.99
    64GB: 439.99

No plan
    16GB: 719.99
    32GB: 819.99
    64GB: 919.99

5C
    2 year
    16GB: 129.99, 599 straight up
    32GB: 229.99, 719 straight up

aiya...

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Just got a pricing e-mail from rogers.

5S
    On 2 year plan
    16GB: 229.99
    32GB: 329.99
    64GB: 439.99

No plan

5C
    2 year
    16GB: 129.99, 599 straight up
    32GB: 229.99, 719 straight up

aiya...
    Here too.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/09/13/ip...ing-in-canada/

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

No plan
    WOW.

Have they always been this expensive to outright buy the phone without a plan?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast