Quantcast
Beakerhead - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Beakerhead

My Ride
    2013 Ford Escape

Default Beakerhead

I haven't seen anything about this on here. Is anybody planning to take in any of the events? There's a lot of cool stuff to check out, including the world's first green carnival and a robot band from Germany. I'm heading down to see Chris Hadfield and Jay Ingram at the Jack Singer tonight.

http://beakerhead.org/

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

sounds pretty cool... but cant learn anything about it since the friggin website went down!

My Ride
    Highlander

We saw this downtown on Friday night totally by accident. It was really neat! We even got to climb on the purple hippo and watch the spider walk around a bit. I wish I had known about this earlier, I would have loved to be inside for the presentations!

Is this going to be an annual thing?

My Ride
    4x4

There's a bit of info still @ http://scoperta.ca/ and http://www.makerfaireyyc.ca/

They did a smaller event last year and at this years stampede (last years too I think) - probably only going to get bigger...

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Went to the Arc Attack, Compressorheads in the East Village last night which was pretty cool to see. Arc Attack was good but seeing the Compressorheads (robot band) was hard as most people had there kids on their shoulders effectively creating at 9ft wall...

Checked out the catapult thing today at fort calgary which was ok, I thought they would go much further.

went to the carnival portion at stampede. 25 bucks for unlimited rides and it was pretty quiet... almost had the place to ourselves.

also checked out the spider machine, arc attack and compressorheads in east village. decent crowd and pretty entertaining.

My Ride
    Bicycle

IMO, marketing for this is a fail and venues are spread too far apart.

My Ride
    1928 Ford Roadster, 1930 Ford Roadster

The only thing missing at the Raygun Gothic Rocketship site was Bugs, Marvin and the Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Originally posted by Xtrema
    IMO, marketing for this is a fail and venues are spread too far apart.
    I went, and I agree. 3 areas, quite far apart, no signage, very little marketing.

The area by the river was by far the best, 8th ave/Olympic Plaza was a bit lame, and we didn't make it to the 13th ave and 1st st location.

It was cool for a couple hours, but I agree the execution was terrible.

My Ride
    2013 Ford Escape

It's definitely supposed to be an annual thing. I checked out a couple of the events, but by far the best one was the Tremendous and Curious World of Beakerhead on Friday night. Chris Hadfield performed a couple songs and talked a bit about his time in space. The had a neuroscientist who is also a music producer give a talk and a little audience participation in regards to music and the brain, which was really fascinating. He then sang 'Wicked Game' by Chris Isaak. Compressorhead was there as well. I would recommend watching for this particular event again next year. I think it's a great way to get kids interested in science rather than Justin Bieber peeing in a bucket.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Myrrinda
    It's definitely supposed to be an annual thing. I checked out a couple of the events, but by far the best one was the Tremendous and Curious World of Beakerhead on Friday night. Chris Hadfield performed a couple songs and talked a bit about his time in space. The had a neuroscientist who is also a music producer give a talk and a little audience participation in regards to music and the brain, which was really fascinating. He then sang 'Wicked Game' by Chris Isaak. Compressorhead was there as well. I would recommend watching for this particular event again next year. I think it's a great way to get kids interested in science rather than Justin Bieber peeing in a bucket.
    They got enough venues to fill the Stampede park and they should.

I don't think sending everyone to 10 different places is a good idea.

Timing is strange too. Everyone is back to work and school.