Quantcast
I GOT THE LUMIA 1020! Some pics! - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: I GOT THE LUMIA 1020! Some pics!

My Ride
    an econo box

My 1020 screen feels massive to me after using an iphone 4S for almost 2 years lol. That 1520 is simply colossal. I like your tile set up. Very clean looking yet almost everything accessible.

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

Originally posted by flipstah
    1520 is meant to compete with the Note so its gigantic!

How the hell did you get to become a Nokia tester?! Jelly!
    They approached me. They are doing some kind of storytelling project and asked if I could get involved and tell the story of my life and my autistic son's life told through the 1520. I was like, why the hell not? So they sent me two units. Good thing I already have lots of micro USB chargers, since it was Nokia UK sending them, they came with UK chargers! I think they got wind of me through my 1020 postings, and people tweeting my work to them directly. In any case, it was a wow moment when they contacted me.

Originally posted by KrisYYC
    My 1020 screen feels massive to me after using an iphone 4S for almost 2 years lol. That 1520 is simply colossal. I like your tile set up. Very clean looking yet almost everything accessible.
    Yeah, every time a friend hands me an iphone of any generation to help fix, I'm like, WTF this screen is so fcuking tiny it's hard to read, and so hard to tap accurately onto such small targets. I think 4.5" is my absolute minumum now. I think can happily use 5" though that would be my max, which would be the Lumia Icon 929 coming in January.

But man, it sure is a beautiful piece of hardware, and the screen is so bloody nice. And 96GB storage is hard to beat! (32GB internal + 64GB SD) If I were a girl or a metro dude that carried a purse, I think I'd totally go for it. But without a purse or cargo pants, it's a bit much.
    Last edited by AccentAE86; 12-20-2013 at 07:10 PM.

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

Just got my 1020 to replace my 14 mo old unlocked 920. Free for rolling my wife's pay as I go Koodo to a 2 year term and refreshing my term which was a 3 year now a 2 with better data and lower cost.

Does anyone in town have the Qi charging shell and or the camera handle....can you use both together?

Marc
    ninja trainers motto

always be able to kill your students

My Ride
    Exploded.

I always see the Qi charger at Rogers Plus in Sunridge.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by Alpine Autowerks
    Just got my 1020 to replace my 14 mo old unlocked 920. Free for rolling my wife's pay as I go Koodo to a 2 year term and refreshing my term which was a 3 year now a 2 with better data and lower cost.

Does anyone in town have the Qi charging shell and or the camera handle....can you use both together?

Marc

I don't have the Qi charger, but I do have the Camera handle. I'll bet money that you cannot use both together...
    Sig was pwned by Moderator!

Just returned my 1020 after using it for a week.... HOW THE HELL DO YOU GUYS LIKE THIS PHONE?

Everything about it was absolute shit other than the camera.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Originally posted by AudiPWR
    Just returned my 1020 after using it for a week.... HOW THE HELL DO YOU GUYS LIKE THIS PHONE?

Are you serious? Why do you say that? What issues were you having?

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

Rogers Store in SouthCentre had both the wireless charging case and the camera + battery handle. BOGO deal means both for $75.

Marc
    ninja trainers motto

wow
    that's amazing.
    too bad it's windows :S

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

And you can't use both at the same time.

I got mine back, and now it makes a super loud high pitch whine while the OS is running

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by AudiPWR

Gonna have to expand on that.

Works flawlessly for what I want. Maybe you were expecting something else?

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by flipstah

Gonna have to expand on that.

Works flawlessly for what I want. Maybe you were expecting something else?
    Usually the biggest complaint is that it lacks a very specific app they need and there's no replacement, which is fair. But many times, it's people who can't get get past their archaic O/S. I find with WP, you need to show people how to use it because using it takes a completely different mindset than from the simple interface of iOS and Android. But once people learn the O/S, they realize how great it truly is.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by clem24

Usually the biggest complaint is that it lacks a very specific app they need and there's no replacement, which is fair. But many times, it's people who can't get get past their archaic O/S. I find with WP, you need to show people how to use it because using it takes a completely different mindset than from the simple interface of iOS and Android. But once people learn the O/S, they realize how great it truly is.
    That's fine but apps shouldn't stop you from migrating. It's all about substitution and compromises.

You are correct on the O/S mechanics though. I had to show people how live tiles worked and then they started to get it.

Windows Phone 8 is simple but a different flavor of simple. If that made any sense...

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

Generally when people see the phone and come up to me, they say:

1) I could never go to Windows Phone because of how complicated it is to do even the simplest tasks.

2) I can't go to Windows phone because there's no customization, no integration with LinkedIn or Facebook, and I need my phone to do more then just call people.

Every time, I take the time to demo the phone and show them, and prove them wrong. It's getting annoying...

1 Response that pissed me off: Hmm, that's not the new Windows Phone, I've read numerous websites that say you can't do that, this has to be one of those old Windows Mobile devices...

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Zhariak

1) I could never go to Windows Phone because of how complicated it is to do even the simplest tasks.

2) I can't go to Windows phone because there's no customization, no integration with LinkedIn or Facebook, and I need my phone to do more then just call people.

Every time, I take the time to demo the phone and show them, and prove them wrong. It's getting annoying...

1 Response that pissed me off: Hmm, that's not the new Windows Phone, I've read numerous websites that say you can't do that, this has to be one of those old Windows Mobile devices...

Windows Mobile can't even do that shit lol.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Zhariak

Yeah I know... I can't stand to look at my iPad and use it anymore cause it annoys me so much hahaha. I don't know what it is. Obviously people fearing change but possibly the fact that Microsoft hasn't really done any marketing with it. I mean at least BB bombarded the airwaves with ads when BB10 came out and you were like "cool" but MS only seems to advertise Windows (and barely at it) and thus WP never gets any exposure.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Yeah I know... I can't stand to look at my iPad and use it anymore cause it annoys me so much hahaha. I don't know what it is. Obviously people fearing change but possibly the fact that Microsoft hasn't really done any marketing with it. I mean at least BB bombarded the airwaves with ads when BB10 came out and you were like "cool" but MS only seems to advertise Windows (and barely at it) and thus WP never gets any exposure.
    They're going balls out on Xbox One because I see commericals and the Lumia or the Surface are mentioned/shown in passing while they focus on the console.

It's the reverse in Asia though haha.

99% of the problem is the salespeople being fanboys/uninformed. Walk into any Rogers/telus store and they will push you to an iPhone/android.

My Ride
    2015 CLS63s AMG Coupe

They market the shit out of it in the U.S. But we don't get shit here in Canada. When the first WP devices rolled out, Each futureshop got 2 each, and they wouldn't even sell it to me outright... They refused to sell me the device because I wouldn't extend my contract...

Originally posted by sabad66
    99% of the problem is the salespeople being fanboys/uninformed. Walk into any Rogers/telus store and they will push you to an iPhone/android.

Totally true... All the people that I have demo'd the unit to, 75% say the reps provided them with the false information, the other 25% said the incorrect facts came from iSheep websites.

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

Originally posted by sabad66
    The Rogers guy I got my 920 from drove to another store to get 1. Had a LG WP7..put in my LiveID while he filled out the contract..then asked If I needed help transferring my data. He was blown away when I showed him it was already there. They have no idea.
    ninja trainers motto

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast