Quantcast
My friend purchased a new ford truck (insert joke here) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My friend purchased a new ford truck (insert joke here)

Default My friend purchased a new ford truck (insert joke here)

Well my friend at work bought a new ford ranger. The dealer told her it had A/C and the console has the controls for A/C, but when you pop the hood NO A/C.

She has the build list, with A/C and the sticker under the hood with the charge amount and everything.

Ford is being a cunt and said the vehicle was inspected prior to delivery and was fine.

Does whe have any legal rights?, I said she should make a big scene or write to head office.

Any suggestions

Thanks

uhh unless Ford is retarded, they will install it... if they wont, talk to their head office? This seems like a case of a lack of common sense (for the ford dealer)

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

hahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahhahahha

sorry but what kind of car dealer foregets to put in a mojor component that you paid money for

I thought A/C was installed by the factory, and removed by the dealer if it was not ordered.

How did they manage to get an A/C HVAC control in there?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

weird. Sometimes the build spec doesn't match the car. Chrysler does that all the time. I would doubt that it happens to Ford too.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

yeah sorry cars are made at the factory only small things are added at the dealer....

My Ride
    '02 Mustang Gt, '90 LX Coupe

What Ford dealership was this?

Your friend should talk to the sales manager at the dealership. Failing that, the problem can be referred to Ford's ombudsman for resolution. The procedure for dispute resolution is outlined in the documentation that came with the vehicle (warranty pamphlet, or manual or some other paperwork in the documentation package).

-Matthew
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Yeah typically there will be trim levels, some with a/c and some without. The factory will make X number of vehicles in each trim level and put them in a distributor network (essentially they get parked on the dealer lots). Then as a person orders the car in a particular trim, they'll look through the distributor network and find one that matches the order and have the car shipped from that dealership to the "delivery" dealership, where the car is delivered to the client.

What it sounds like is they sourced the wrong vehicle - one of the trim levels that don't have a/c. Check the bill of sale for the a/c excise tax - its $100. If it's there, they owe your friend an air conditioner. If it's not there, then write to Ford and let them know the order was for a vehicle with a/c and it was delivered without a/c. Ford will more than likely instruct the dealer to accomodate you somehow (ie have an a/c installed).

Update:

She went to the dealership to ask for A/C, They wouldn't budge.
    She has the build list with the tax, the actual A/C as part of an option package.

She wrote the ombudsmen and I guess it goes from there.

Thanks guys

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Do they think she took it out?

Originally posted by benyl
    Do they think she took it out?

No, She had to get me to come outside to check if it was in there.
    I can see right where it mounts but no compressor, evaporator, or condenser. I'll go find out what dealership it was.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

i dont wanna sound like an ass and this may sound silly, BUT every single car that i saw with the AC controls on the dash had AC. Different trims without AC come with different dash on the cars i've seen. So my question is, did you TRY on the AC buttons just for shits and giggles

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

No I meant the dealership. Does the dealership not want to install one because they think she "stole" it out of her own truck?

Originally posted by rice_eater
    i dont wanna sound like an ass and this may sound silly, BUT every single car that i saw with the AC controls on the dash had AC. Different trims without AC come with different dash on the cars i've seen. So my question is, did you TRY on the AC buttons just for shits and giggles

Yes, that is when she noticed a problem, the air was just outside temp. Evena fter 15 min.

I don't know exactly what the dealer said but i will find out.

What trim is it? If it is ANY XLT or Tremor or FX4 it should have A/C no questions asked, as those are standard. I think the 4L Edges come standard with A/C too but I'm not sure.
    Any other XL or Edge models will have A/C as an option.

What dealership is this? How can they not acknowledge the problem if she even brought in the build list?
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by QuasarCav

Yes, that is when she noticed a problem, the air was just outside temp. Evena fter 15 min.

I don't know exactly what the dealer said but i will find out.
    maybe they just forgot to fill the fluid for it It just sounds weird man... What did they say when she brought the car over? That it didn't have an AC installed or what? I doubt any dealership in it's right mind would risk the bad press over an AC

My Ride
    996 911 Turbo

Nobody mentioned Tony Tighe??

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Reminds me or a few years back, my dad bought a Explorer with leather. He went to pick it up and guess what, no leather...then then tried to explain to my dad that leather was over rated and that its hot in the summer, cold in the winter blah blah. My dad said he paid for leather, he want leather. Comes back the next day and voila. leather, I get in the back seat and the whole back bench falls backwards with me in it. Turns out they "forgot" to bolt the fuckin bench down.

Needless to say, we got a Pathfinder.

GO FORD

Three simple words: "Small claims court"

Yeah I think ford needs some tough love before they listen. They told her she could give it back and there would be no questions asked. doesn't sound like good PR to me.

I think she should send it back, through the front window with a brick on the gas pedal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast