Quantcast
Chris Harris - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Harris

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Default Chris Harris

Somebody might be able to answer this question (and considering he himself does automotive news, it seems appropriate):

Who is he, and why the hell do I care about his opinion?

I watched a auto show with him on it, and he comes off as a pretentious dbag that knows NOTHING about cars besides how they operate as a style addition.

So why does everyone care what he thinks?

My Ride
    Exploded.

He's pretty entertaining and a riot to watch.

My Ride
    Grimace

He used to write for 0-60 and also still writes for Evo mag. Then he does videos for Drive on youtube. I like watching his videos and comparos along with reading his articles.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Chris Harris gives me a serious broner. The way he beat the crap out of that F40 made me all hot and bothered.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by KRyn
    Chris Harris gives me a serious broner. The way he beat the crap out of that F40 made me all hot and bothered.
    This.

He's entertaining to watch, and drives a lot of cars that everyone wants to see driven and compared.

He also got banned from Ferrari's track for ripping them about some issues lol

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by DeleriousZ
    He also got banned from Ferrari's track for ripping them about some issues lol
    He accused Ferrari of rigging test cars to ensure they beat the competition, and Ferrari banned him from reviewing Ferraris (although he's a big Ferrari fan). That gave him epic status. This was the article that made him so famous:

http://jalopnik.com/5760248/how-ferrari-spins

Other than that, he's got family money and owns a boat load of cool cars for an auto journalist, drives like a dick, and is entertaining to watch.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    F355 Challenge/996TT/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX

With an attitude like yours why would you care what any reviewer thinks? Personally, I think he is awesome. I agree with most of his reviews and he comes off as a car guy who can actually drive and still be entertaining. He raced a Porsche at the Nurburgring with Walter Rohrl, called out Ferrari on their tactics and comes across to me as a straight shooter. What more do you want? Would you prefer a dry, dull show like those boring canadian ones on TV? Or are you the type who prefers to listen to some professional driver hired to shill for XYZ car company?

My Ride

Reading the OP post again it sounds like Chris probably dropped a load on your favorite car. He's probably right and that bothers you.

My Ride

Here is one of the first Chris Harris video's I watched

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnDde...e_gdata_player

My Ride
    Grimace

This is my favorite video of his:

But yes op seems button hurt. Not sure why he has so many haters for no reason.
    Last edited by schocker; 09-27-2013 at 09:22 AM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by soloracer
    With an attitude like yours why would you care what any reviewer thinks?
    Because some of them aren't twits who know nothing about cars?

Seriously, he's basically just some joe schmoe. Why would I care about his opinion? The guy doesn't have a single ounce of mechanical ability in his body it would seem, and I basically can't find anywhere that he has ever driven a car in anger so his opinion of anything to do with the dynamics of a car are moot. He went around the track with Walter Rohl, good for him, I'm sure it made great journalism.

He's like the most generic, bland journalist ever in the sense he is a stock character; he could be a journalist about anything "luxurious" or "sporty" or "edgy" as that's about what his credentials (read: none) add up to. He's some guy talking. Does he have an appreciation for fine cars? Sure, but in the barest of senses.

And while I can appreciate that, he just comes off as a pretentious dbag. Why his opinion matters to anyone is beyond me (and I don't care about anything he has ever said, some of his opinions I agree with, some I disagree with).

I've just noticed him gaining popularity lately and it is beyond me as to why.

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by soloracer
    With an attitude like yours why would you care what any reviewer thinks? Personally, I think he is awesome. I agree with most of his reviews and he comes off as a car guy who can actually drive and still be entertaining. He raced a Porsche at the Nurburgring with Walter Rohrl, called out Ferrari on their tactics and comes across to me as a straight shooter. What more do you want? Would you prefer a dry, dull show like those boring canadian ones on TV? Or are you the type who prefers to listen to some professional driver hired to shill for XYZ car company?

Was going to reply but no point writing the same thing as Erik.
    Last edited by m10-power; 09-26-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Seriously, he's basically just some joe schmoe. Why would I care about his opinion? The guy doesn't have a single ounce of mechanical ability in his body it would seem, and I basically can't find anywhere that he has ever driven a car in anger so his opinion of anything to do with the dynamics of a car are moot. He went around the track with Walter Rohl, good for him, I'm sure it made great journalism.

He's like the most generic, bland journalist ever in the sense he is a stock character; he could be a journalist about anything "luxurious" or "sporty" or "edgy" as that's about what his credentials (read: none) add up to. He's some guy talking. Does he have an appreciation for fine cars? Sure, but in the barest of senses.

And while I can appreciate that, he just comes off as a pretentious dbag. Why his opinion matters to anyone is beyond me (and I don't care about anything he has ever said, some of his opinions I agree with, some I disagree with).

Maybe its just you?

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

I like his videos because the dude tends to hoon the cars more than most reviewers do. I already know about the cars he's driving, so it's just entertaining to watch him slide around corners. Most reviewers are so sterile and factual all the time, occasionally it's nice to see someone who likes certain cars purely for the style and fuck-around-ability of them.

You misread what Erik said - he did not just do a ride along at the nurburgring. Porsche asked Harris to compete in a GT3 in the 24h of nurburgring, so perhaps you need to re-examine your judgement of his driving skills.

Or not. Noone cares.
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

If anyone still, for some reason, think Chris isn't a car guy to the bone, watch this video and try to stay convinced..

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Originally posted by DeleriousZ
    If anyone still, for some reason, think Chris isn't a car guy to the bone, watch this video and try to stay convinced..

That's the exact video I thought of when I read the OP questioning CH's car-guy status

A real car guy, driving the piss out of the coolest cars in the world while giving honest opinions... Yeah, recipe for a terrible auto-journo

Honest question - who's better?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Seriously, he's basically just some joe schmoe. Why would I care about his opinion? The guy doesn't have a single ounce of mechanical ability in his body it would seem...

You must hate the Top Gear crew as well, between Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond you would be lucky to find much more than an ounce of mechanical ability. You act like Chris Harris hammered your girlfriend or something. Oh well, hater's going to hate while Chris Harris keeps on rolling in the finest automobiles.

I had only seen a couple of his video's, I didn't mind him. This thread motivated me to go and watch a bunch more of his stuff and to be honest I really like the guy. His review and comments regarding the Porsche 918 mirrored thoughts regarding the hybrid technology that I had asked in my own head.

I think the OP is way off base with this one, funny this thread was created to bash the guy but at least for me it made me a fan so......
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast