Year : 2001
Make and Model : Subaru Outback Limited
Exterior Color : Midnight Blue
Interior Color : Gray/blue
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : 296000
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description :

Selling our 01 Outback wagon, midnight blue. Now with pics (less than seconds away on the last post but hey)
298xxx km
2.5L 4cyl
Manual transmission
Heated seats / mirrors / wipers

This car served 230K km of its life as a fleet car for Canadian Rocky Mountain Helicopters. So it really is mostly highway kilometres. It is an absolute winter BEAST.

The good:
- not too many rock chips, recently replaced the hood
- new clutch
- diff/trans/clutch oil changed recently (about 10,000km ago)
- PCV and IACV gasket changed about 20,000km ago
- new brake pads and rotors 5,000km ago
- new rear O2 sensor about 7,000km ago
- new CV and ball joint R side last winter
- PO upgraded suspension and sways
- spark plug wires and sparks at 200K
- oil changes every 5,000km
- Pioneer MP3 deck
- motor runs strong, doesn't burn oil
- no exhaust leaks
- not a ton of rust, pretty minor, some minor rust over the R side wheel arch, rust spots on parts of the roof
- starts in the coldest days with no issues other than some high revs
- unbelievable grip in winter
- everything works
- A/C blows cold
- have records!

The bad:
- resprayed part of the roof to kill some rust, not going to lie, it's not the best paint job. Most people don't notice it. You might.
- some body rust on the roof, and a bit over the R side rear wheel well
- L side CV joint just had the boot repair done.. it has fixed the issue but I'd rather install an entire CV personally.. So I have a brand new (not reman) CV joint and ball joint in hand to install, or you could sell it for parts
- either has a minor vacuum leak or needs a new IACV gasket, cold starts give you 2krpm idle initially, runs fine when warm
- transmission is louder than most outbacks I've driven: but I have had it checked out by multiple shops incl Allmakes, they say it's good to go.
- small crack in the front bumper
- bumper was plastic-mended near the fog light; you know, where every outback seems to have the same problem
- you're probably going to want a new windshield
- R side rear light pigtail isn't working, but the brake lights are fine.
- tails leak slightly in heavy rain: I've changed the gaskets and sealed them but it manages to get in through probably the tail light assy itself.

Other stuff:
- The dash is wrapped in victorian blue fabric (wife's car). We have the another set of the original brown wood trim if you want it.
- Two sets of wheels: stock alloy 16" with 50% tread, dedicated winters on steelies with only two seasons on them
- As mentioned: CV joint and ball joint included if you feel like you want to install them, though they aren't needed right now
- Rubber floor mats and trunk tray
- Thule snowboard/ski racks

Extras :

- Two sets of wheels (all seasons @ 50% and winter @ 70%)

- Thule ski racks

- Rubber floor mats/trunk tray

- Brand new CV joint and ball joint if you decide a boot repair isn't preventative enough

Asking Price : 3500

Contact Information
PM

Pictures :