Quantcast
Red Wing Shoes Quality - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Wing Shoes Quality

My Ride
    Exploded.

Nah, you don't need to ask. There's a big ad that promotes it.

Thought I'd bump this thread to update my thoughts and recent experiences with the Red Wing store in the North on 32nd ave.

My last 3 pairs of safety boots were from here. First was a set of Carhartts, last 2 were Red Wings. The Carhartts were a good boot for the money, paid something like $110 for them on sale, they are only a fraction of the price of the Red Wings. But of course they don't have the lifetime guarantee.

My second pair of Red Wings I owned for 3 years, sent them in back in the fall to have an area of stitching coming apart be restitched. I also bought a new pair in July as our company pays for it, but kept wearing my previous pair as they are better suited for the summer weather than my new pair. More stitching started falling apart, and it was definitely due for new soles, I mean I've been wearing them for over 3 years by now. So I bring them back to Red Wing for repair and resole (stitching/repair is free, re-sole is $105). So this is where my problems with this store are

First time I sent them away, I was told I'd get them back in 3-4 business days. It took 1 and a half weeks.

This time they told me it'd take 1-1.5 weeks. It's been over 2 weeks now.

Calling them is a major PITA, because they pick up maybe 1 out of 10 times, they just don't make picking up the phone a priority, would be nice if you could check on the status of your repair without having to make the trip to the store in person.

I decided to be patient and wait 2 weeks. I finally get a hold of them via phone today, yesterday had no luck getting someone to pick up (had this same issue in the fall as well) and after they struggled with finding my work order I was told the place they send the repairs to is closed for a week. Still no word on when they will be ready.
    If you go in, they only help you, as in one customer at a time to one associate , even if there may be other customers waiting/unhelped. Service is great if you're the one being helped. Luckily I have my extra pair of boots, while my other ones are away. But this service isn't too good, guys take vacation and drop their boots off for repairs, they expect them to be fixed when they say they will, because they need them for when they get back to work.

Will probably only try the South store for now on.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 08-28-2014 at 02:24 AM.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

My problem with red wing is the quality now. Many of there models are made in China and the quality has taken a major hit. I know there warranty is great but there is no reason for them to be falling apart in less than a year which myself and many others have experienced.

My Ride
    Silverado

spending $300 on a pair of shoes that don't last a year is not a good deal.

Mine are 3 years old now, with probably 350 days of use. Still in great shape and comfy as heck. They haven't had a hard life though by any means.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

The best boots for my money are Blundstones. No laces, super comfortable, last a LONG time.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Bicycle

How is the pricing here? What's the markup like? Been interested in the Iron Rangers and Beckman Rounds for a little bit but they're pretty expensive boots.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Red Wing work boots are pretty epic like everyone said.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

I get a pretty good deal with them through my work (and my work pays $150 towards them as well). LOTS of these boots in circulation with LOTS of miles on them, very few complaints, and they have always dealt with them well according to the people that I've talked to.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    Evo X, R6, Tundra

Best work boots by far, just remember to get the toe cap put in.

Finally got my boots back from resole... 4 weeks and 4 days after I dropped them off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2