Quantcast
We got rear ended by a drunk driver! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We got rear ended by a drunk driver!

My Ride
    1987 RX7 T2

Default We got rear ended by a drunk driver!

Ok, last week while driving home from a party at my aunts house, my mom, stepdad, and I were hit from behind by a senior couple that were just hammered. When he got outta the car (after hitting us) the old man fell down, then got up, looked at my stepdad, and said "Nothing hurt, im gonna go home" Then my stepdad told him to wait, they exchanged info and such, my stepdad yelled at him and then both parties went their seperate ways.

So all week my stepdad's been bitching about his neck and higher back hurting.. I for one thought that he was being a fucktard and just telling us so we could sue the drunk fucks for some money.

Well today it was hurting so bad that he went to our family doctor, who (after taking some Xray photos) rushed out and told my mom and Stepdad that he had a broken bone in his neck.

So my mom called me and told me they were being rushed over to the foothills hospital for emergency sergery. So they are there now... and my stepdad is being worked on.

Just telling everyone... watch out for a buncha drunk old fucks in a brand new Cavalier!!!

Why did you guys let them go? Now you have no way of proving they were drunk.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Shoulda called the cops and gotten him a DUI...now they cant prove he was drunk...but sorry to hear about your stepdad, hope he recovers

nope your dad is the fucktard for letting the guy go and being to stupid to get checked out

good luck though man

Yea man, never let someone go if they appear tanked.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

shitty to hear, but i agree with everyone else.

My Ride
    2001 Grand am

you guys aren't very helpful, telling himwhat he should have done isn't gonna help him any.

and with 3 sober people inyour car, you do have a fighting chance, #1 they rearended you, they are at fault, intoxicated or not #2 you have 3 witnesses that they were intoxicated that part is basically a your word agianst thier thing, but they were still at fault either way

Damn shitty deal hope your stepdad recovers
    Originally posted by Dumbass17
    what's an Egypt?
    Originally posted by Godfuader

Its the slang for being Electronically Jipped . Like going to an ATM and getting short changed. "You got E-Gypt"

My Ride
    240sx with some boost

steve-o

i bet dwayner was pissed.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by t3rry
    #2 you have 3 witnesses that they were intoxicated that part is basically a your word agianst thier thing
    Doesn't matter. His witnesses don't count because they're bias.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    pedals

WTF dude???? You let A DUI go??? WTF???

My Ride
    dog sled

OWNED IS GONA BE RICH!!

My Ride
    FJC, S30

you guys aren't very helpful, telling himwhat he should have done isn't gonna help him any.

and with 3 sober people inyour car, you do have a fighting chance, #1 they rearended you, they are at fault, intoxicated or not #2 you have 3 witnesses that they were intoxicated that part is basically a your word agianst thier thing, but they were still at fault either way
    they are at fualt but only for rear ending you. sexual bannana is right when he says your witnesses do NOT count becuase they are in the car with you so that means their opinion could be baised so they can get off on the DUI charge. gl
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Yah that's true....your witnesses don't matter since you were all in the same car but what would have mattered is if you had called the cops as opposed to just exchanging information and letting him go.

If the cops came and saw this guy was drunk then it would be a different story and there would be one less drunk driver on the road.

In any case.....hope your pops gets better soon.

My Ride
    pedals

Who cares about witnesses, they let a drunk driver go off. God, what if the old dude ran into someone else and killed them? I personally would hold you partially responsible, not legally, but morally. I mean shit, i would physically keep a drunk off the road if at all possible and your family, after being hit none the less, let them go on their merry way...

It'll help him if there's a next time. Also helps people reading this who may be in the same situation in the future.

Did you not get a police report done?
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    1987 RX7 T2

Jeez guys.... none of us knew about the "letting him go and not being able to prove shit" thing.... but we all kicked ourselves after it.

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
    Did you not get a police report done?
    Yes, of course we did. (were stupid... but not THAT stupid... lol)

When the cops came to our house they said that we should have kept the guy their and then called the cops... then in court they wouldnt have even needed to say ANYTING.. it would have been an AUTOMATIC win for us. But its not really about the money. My parents were just gonna make them pay for the damages on our vehicle.

My stepdad thought about tthe fact that "by letting him go he would have hurt someone else" after we got home... cause he was kinda shookup for the accident.

Anyways... my parents are still at the hospital, havnt talked to em yet.

Ohh and BTW:
    Originally posted by civic_hater
    steve-o

i bet dwayner was pissed.
    Who the fuk r u? lol Cory?

My Ride
    Acura RSX

Ouch man, i'd never let him go, but ya hope ur step dad recovers quickly...

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by OWNED
    Jeez guys.... none of us knew about the "letting him go and not being able to prove shit" thing.... but we all kicked ourselves after it.
    Everyone makes mistakes. My buddy made the same mistake when he got hit by a drunk girl who was under 18. He got her information and a neutral witness asked if they were okay. He said they were fine and he let the witness go. The driver's friend even said she was drunk. But he let her go but she paid for the damages out of her own pocket without involving insurance.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast