Quantcast
Maria Kang - Viral Image making the news - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Maria Kang - Viral Image making the news

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default Maria Kang - Viral Image making the news

I love it! Goes to show anyone can achieve something with dedication and work.

http://www.mariakang.com/

https://www.facebook.com/MariaMKang

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Re: Maria Kang - Viral Image making the news

Was it dedication or work? I knew a girl that had 2 kids, looked like that and had to do nothing for it. Good genetics.

Human genetics and phenotype vastly vary. What could have been dead easy for her could easily been impossible for others. So is it an accomplishment if it falls into your lap?

Her advertisment implies that anyone can do it and there is no excuse. Both which fly in the face of nature and evolution.

I would he impressed if she had a lifelong battle with her weight and overcame adversity. Googling pictures of her, she has always been thin.

Default Re: Re: Maria Kang - Viral Image making the news

Originally posted by Toma
    Was it dedication or work? I knew a girl that had 2 kids, looked like that and had to do nothing for it. Good genetics.

Human genetics and phenotype vastly vary. What could have been dead easy for her could easily been impossible for others. So is it an accomplishment if it falls into your lap?

Her advertisment implies that anyone can do it and there is no excuse. Both which fly in the face of nature and evolution.

I would he impressed if she had a lifelong battle with her weight and overcame adversity. Googling pictures of her, she has always been thin.
    Agreed.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

So she's got kids, doesn't necessarily mean they have a mom... you can get a lot done when you can afford a nanny..
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Exactly.

It's ridiculous that people are up in arms over this but it's absolutely ignorant and naive to think that ANYONE can do it. They can't. SOME can but not everyone. Period. And that's neither a plus or a minus, it's reality.

Personally I am lucky. I have started exercising with purpose for the last 3 months because I decided I want to but my whole life, everyone has assumed I work out hard and have called me a liar when I say I don't. I'm just naturally lean and muscular. And it's a huge genetic blessing but it's not the norm.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Good genes can definitely be an advantage, but anyone can achieve a fit/healthy body with proper diet and exercise.

The problem is most people don't have the will power to sustain a good diet or exercise regiment for very long.

Meh.

Former bikini model looks good after having kids... big deal. Probably left her kids with babysitters and nannies so she could spend hours at the gym working on her body instead of spending time with them.

This impresses me far more.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3719785.html

BEFORE

AFTER

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Thaco
    So she's got kids, doesn't necessarily mean they have a mom... you can get a lot done when you can afford a nanny..
    She doesn't have a nanny. Read before commenting.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Re: Re: Re: Maria Kang - Viral Image making the news

Originally posted by 89coupe

Good genes can definitely be an advantage, but anyone can achieve a fit/healthy body with proper diet and exercise.

The problem is most people don't have the will power to sustain a good diet or exercise regiment for very long.
    Bs. Some people look healthy and lean and had to do absolutely nothing for it and eat like shit.

And just because its the in vogue body type currently doesn't make it the ONLY healthy one.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by sputnik
    Meh.

Former bikini model looks good after having kids... big deal. Probably left her kids with babysitters and nannies so she could spend hours at the gym working on her body instead of spending time with them.

BEFORE

AFTER

Wow. There we go.

Skinny chick got skinny again is NOT impressive and an insult to people who actually have a struggle with weight.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Maria Kang - Viral Image making the news

Bs. Some people look healthy and lean and had to do absolutely nothing for it and eat like shit.

And just because its the in vogue body type currently doesn't make it the ONLY healthy one.
    I agree, but that isn't the discussion.

The discussion is anyone can acheive a healthy/fit body by eating right and exercising daily.

The problem I will say again is, very few people have the will power to sustain that lifestyle for an extended period of time.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Wow. There we go.

Skinny chick got skinny again is NOT impressive and an insult to people who actually have a struggle with weight.
    I don't understand the "struggle" with weight argument.

Genetics aside, if you eat more than you need, you get fat. There isn't a gene out there that makes you fat by breathing air.

I am fat. I am genetically predisposed to it as my whole family is fat or "struggles with weight." I don't struggle with my weight. I struggle with my ability to keep my mouth shut at the dinner table.

A car won't move if you don't put gas in it. You can't get fat if you don't eat too much.

Sure, there is the whole argument about sugar and other foods being addicting, but that isn't what is being discussed.

When people say "struggle with weight" all I can think of is someone that makes bad choices on what to eat and isn't active.

Honestly, anyone who eats half decent and goes to the gym and plays sports a couple times a week will not be 300+ pounds. Yes anyone can do it. Even people with "bad metabolisms" or "diseases". Do you really think people were born destined to be 400 pounds? Hell no, that took years of bad decisions to do that!

My Ride
    You Crazy

Bullshit. Whats your excuse implies a level playing field.

The excuse is its fucking hard for some and dead easy for her.

So a person for whom it comes easy making a poster like that is a straight up bitch imo.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by sputnik

Holy smokes, good for them. That's a lot of dedication.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by 89coupe

She doesn't have a nanny. Read before commenting.
    so she did this with 0 free time, those kids at her feet all day every day, yeah, sure, i buy that.... i also just bought a beach house on the ocean in saskatchewan.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Bicycle

So a person for whom it comes easy making a poster like that is a straight up bitch imo.
    Agreed, I think it come out condescending than inspirational.

And if she's a model, that's actually her day time job to stay in whatever shape she choose. So it's a very unfair comparison to other moms who also have day jobs.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 10-17-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Bullshit. Whats your excuse implies a level playing field.

The excuse is its fucking hard for some and dead easy for her.

It's hard for some to take an hour a day to go to the gym and another hour to cook a healthy meal at home for dinner and lunch the next day, I know. Most people find it easier to grab a cheeseburger and head home to the couch the watch their favourite shows for the night.

Nobody is on a level playing field when it comes to anything in life, doesn't give one person an excuse to be lazy and not work hard for something. How do you know she hasn't worked her ass off her whole life to look like that? You don't really. You just assume!

Anything you can control you don't have an excuse for. No excuse for being overweight, no excuse for being poor etc. etc. didn't your mom ever tell you that if you work hard you can do anything you set your mind to? Another way to say NO EXCUSES!

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

I don't see what the big deal is on both sides.

I mean, good for her on looking good and taking care of her body while having kids.

On the other side, having a slim body "doesn't come as easy" to some people who are freaking out.

I agree that it doesn't take much to be fit. I don't mean prime, tip-top condition that only professional athletes can achieve consistently. I think we can all agree that if we aren't porking out at every meal and playing World of Warcraft the rest of the time, you're not going to be morbidly obese.

I think the message she is inherently trying to get out is that it you can take care of yourself even if you are very busy with other things. That's fair enough. Pick up a sport, hit the gym once or twice a week and eat like a normal human being. That's only a couple hours a week. I think almost anyone should be able to commit to the time requirements, but don't because of other reasons (lazy, uncommitted).

I think people got their panties in knot because she's attention whoring a bit, not because her message is wrong.

Nobody struggles with weight unless they have a rare disease or something which essentially makes it impossible to lose weight.

People struggle with self control, time management, eating properly, exercising, etc.

It doesn't "come easy" for some people and not others. It's exactly the same effort for everyone, there is just people who choose to be lazy, and people who choose not to be lazy.

I have zero sympathy for people who complain about their weight. Go out and do something about it. Change your diet. I like seeing fat people at the gym - they are out there trying to help themselves. I am also one of those people who thinks extremely fat people should have to buy 2 seats on a plane (unless they have a legitimate disease that makes them fat).

Yes, there are some people who stay skinny no matter what, but you can be skinny and not healthy. They will get problems later in life, too, if they eat like shit all the time and don't exercise. It's not a good thing, as they won't see consequences of their laziness & poor eating habits as easily - not an advantage at all IMO.

I was 40 lbs overweight for a long time. Why? I was lazy and I ate poorly. 100% my doing. One day I decided to fix that, and all that was required was exercise and a reasonable diet. After about 4 months of work, I was good shape, and it's extremely easy to maintain. I still bought my lunch every single day, and didn't go to any ridiculous extremes with meals or anything.

IMO good for her if she looks like that after kids, she has every right to be proud of herself.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-17-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast