Quantcast
Reviews of Toyota Dealerships - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reviews of Toyota Dealerships

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I recently bought a highlander from charlesglen and they were excellent except when we initially walked into the dealership, it took probably 25mins of us wondering around - sitting in the showroom model etc before anyone talked to us. Infact we had to ask reception for a salesman because no one had approached us and they werent even busy the night we did go in.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    '19 GTI

CDN dealerships are night and day from those in the states from my experience at least.

Went to a GM dealer in Seattle for some parts - sales guy opened my door asking if i was looking for a new car lol, then happily directed me to parts, another guy jumped in front of me when i walked in the door to try and help - he too kindly directed me to parts... never experienced anything like it!

Best service i've ever seen anywhere. Almost would go down to Seattle to that dealer to buy my next truck - but thats kind-of a pain haha

My Ride
    toyota MR2

I went to get a key cut at southpointe Toyota on a friday afternoon since it was the closest to our home. But normally I go to Cochrane because I used to live close and they cater somewhat to the 4WD clubs.

Anyways, we didnt take more than 3 steps out of our vehicle before we were approached by a salesman asking if he could help. We told him we were looking for key cutting. He walked us half way to the parts counter until we could see it.

Parts guy helped us promptly (2 on shift) took the key and said he would be back

Decided to look throughout the showroom. My g/f and I were approached 3 times in 10 mins. Always friendly, we just told them we were waiting on parts.

Key cut. No charge. Would go back.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Originally posted by thinmyster
    I went to get a key cut at southpointe Toyota on a friday afternoon since it was the closest to our home. But normally I go to Cochrane because I used to live close and they cater somewhat to the 4WD clubs.

Anyways, we didnt take more than 3 steps out of our vehicle before we were approached by a salesman asking if he could help. We told him we were looking for key cutting. He walked us half way to the parts counter until we could see it.

Parts guy helped us promptly (2 on shift) took the key and said he would be back

Decided to look throughout the showroom. My g/f and I were approached 3 times in 10 mins. Always friendly, we just told them we were waiting on parts.

Key cut. No charge. Would go back.
    Stay away from Geno. He's an idiot.

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

Originally posted by nzwasp
    I recently bought a highlander from charlesglen and they were excellent except when we initially walked into the dealership, it took probably 25mins of us wondering around - sitting in the showroom model etc before anyone talked to us. Infact we had to ask reception for a salesman because no one had approached us and they werent even busy the night we did go in.
    I dont expect it anymore. If I'm not tire kicking I ask for a salesman immediately. I put them to work, no different than a realtor.

Really, you can't blame any specific dealership for any of these incidents. It all depends on the time of day, which manager is in and which salesmen are in.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC

I dont expect it anymore. If I'm not tire kicking I ask for a salesman immediately. I put them to work, no different than a realtor.

Really, you can't blame any specific dealership for any of these incidents. It all depends on the time of day, which manager is in and which salesmen are in.
    Agreed. I don't mind having to go to reception if I'm serious. I also don't like being bothered if I'm just tire kicking lose-lose for the dealers, no matter what they do they'll be annoying somebody

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I hate bumping up old threads, but figured it might be worthwhile for 2018 updates.

Anyone recommendations for Toyota Dealerships these days? I'm open to anywhere in Southern Alberta.
    I'm open to contact recommendations too.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaz View Post

Jokes aside, what is the beyond consensus of South Pointe Toyota?
    I went there last year to test drive a Matrix. I was approached after a bit by a east Indian sales guy, good test drive, straight forward and no bullshit. I was impressed.
    They would not budge on the price though. It was a older model, gear ratios felt off and equipment was.. shit. I did not buy it, but the sales experience was pretty good.

I can only compare it to the two Honda dealerships. Each time they were hell bent on selling me something I did not want, forcing me to finance and kept using scare tactics. It just felt like I was constantly being pulled into a verbal fight. All I wanted was a specific spec (white, civic hatch, manual), or a Honda Fit Manual 2015 onwards. Potential cash purchase and asked them to call me if they came across one. Thats it. Simples. I got called a week later with them trying to sell me automatic Civic.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Phil Dao @ Charlesgen sold me my taco (when he was at Heninger) in about 4 minutes as he had no fluff.. i'd highly recommend touching base with him. Think he's more finance now.

My Ride
    2013 BMW 335i

Chat at South Pointe Toyota was pretty good. I helped my parents get into a Camry from there last year and it was a pretty straight forward buying process, no BS. Of course, we haggled back and forth on price but nothing out of the ordinary when buying a used car.

My Ride
    Porsche 911

Thumbs down South Pointe and Heninger - The Nadir of Toyota in Calgary

Of all the Toyota stores in Calgary, IMHO the two worst are without a shadow of a doubt, South Pointe and Heninger. I have long time friends that I have known for years that have worked at both stores, and have shared their personal horror stories/experiences from working there with me.

One of the the catalysts for the malaise in the car business today comes from the blatantly greedy manufacturers whom constantly apply pressure on their franchise stores to increase sales. Don't get me wrong, Toyota builds a high quality product. The money they spend on R&D is staggering ($12.947 Billion CDN in 2017), and their engineering depth is way beyond immense. The Board of Directors are under constant pressure to meet sale targets and increase sales from the previous year, and this filters down all the way to the Dealership network and the people that work there.

Now, let us go back to South Pointe and Heninger. These two Dealer Principle groups do not like one another. During their weekly Saturday sales meetings, which all sales staff are required to punctually attend or face dire consequences, management are always trash talking their rival competition stores, brainwashing their staff to believe that they are superior and righteous. As Micheal Corleone once said in the Godfather, "this is business, it's not personal."

The problem is, both stores suffer from excessive corruption and greed, originating from the two Dealer Principle groups that own these stores. Both stores have highly toxic work environments, making them undesirable places to make a living. They both have big problems retaining staff, and suffer from high turnover. Ask anyone who knows the insider Toyota landscape in Calgary, and the consensus is South Pointe is the absolute worst to work for. Followed by a very close second is Heninger.

Not so long ago, when a good buddy of mine worked at South Pointe, he told me that the only sales staff that received a Christmas bonus were East Indian. It's no small coincidence that the Dealer Principle group are also East Indian, as well as most upper Management. When this was discovered by the non East Indian sales staff, needless to say it caused big problems. Their treatment of staff is simply deplorable.

Then there are the shysters over at Heninger. Jack Heninger. who started Heninger Toyota, had one of the worst reputations in the car business. He liked to portray the image of being a pious God fearing Morman, but if you bought a car from him he would stuff you sideways on pricing so fast you would leave bleeding from your asshole. Moreover, he use to love shagging hookers in the afternoon in the old run down motel that use to be next to the store. When his thieving son Brian took over the business after Jack passed away, there was a huge internal family fight over ownership shares. Apparently, Brian, being the fair, compassionate individual that he wants everyone to believe he is, bought all the shares in the business from his siblings for pennies on the dollar when the store wasn't doing so well. The economy turned around, sales went up, share values increased, and Heninger family members realized that Brian had pulled a fast one on them all. Salivating lawyers and lawsuits were the order of the day before it was somehow all settled.

Today, Brian has 10% ownership of the store, but retains ownership of all the land, giving him a huge rent cheque every month. He sold the old location across the street to Co-Op for a paltry $7 Million. It's sits empty to this day, contaminated with absbestos in the buildings and hydrocarbons in the soil. Moreover, the entire present ownership group that bought into the store were all financed through him. None of them had the means to do so on their own, yet they like to parade around the store like peacocks with their limp dicks hanging out from their trousers, acting like millionaires. Apparently, the GSM and Co-Owner (Bickert) at Heninger is a real slimy piece of shit, thoroughly despised by a majority of his staff. He allegedly once took out a 100 dollar bill at a Saturday morning sales meeting and burned it with a lighter, ranting in front of the entire sales staff that he would not share windfall profits with any sales staff unless they were deemed worthy of it. If anybody will listen, he loves to brag and beat his chest about how rich he is. The problem is he's too stupid and arrogant to realize he has destroyed the store with his idiotic management style. Again, all this negative toxicity filters down the sales staff.

Both South Pointe and Heninger have terrible service departments, and are the last places you want to take your Toyota. All my friends that are Toyota owners consistently tell me this. Something to think about.

Hence, with all the uber negative toxicity circulating within the workplace, compounded and encouraged by Toyota Canada and their corporate greed, why would anybody in their right mind want to purchase a vehicle from these crooks ? I sure in hell do not, and neither should you. Caveat Emptor .

It's getting late, and I have said enough for now. I have plenty more stories about the other Toyota stores in Calgary. If I have the time, I will post them tomorrow.

Cheers,

Heinsenbergh

My Ride

Based on your opinion, where would you go for a Toyota dealer in Alberta then? Lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Based on your opinion, where would you go for a Toyota dealer in Alberta then? Lol
    To a Honda dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

I would like to respond to this post but i'd be banned.All i say stay away from SP and CH. Always a bait and switch.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by cancer man View Post
    I would like to respond to this post but i'd be banned.All i say stay away from SP and CH. Always a bait and switch.
    sadly thats not terribly unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Take a drive to the Toyota Dealership in Red Deer and deal with @Redlyne_mr2 . Support an Old School Beyonder.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Take a drive to the Toyota Dealership in Red Deer and deal with @Redlyne_mr2 . Support an Old School Beyonder.
    Oh wow, I didn't know he was at Toyota now. That pretty much answers my question of where to go LOL.
    I'm going to give him a shout for a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Anyone have an email address for him? I was going to go to Southpointe but would rather deal with him.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I dunno....I like CHT.......But maybe I am biased??...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast