Quantcast
adobe software such as PS - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: adobe software such as PS

Default adobe software such as PS

I was wondering for users of photoshop or other parts of the CS, are you guys using the CC month to month now or still using older versions such as cs6?

I'm looking for the most economical (and legal) way to use PS, and maybe some web development tools. Paying long term on monthly basis doesn't seem too economical. I suppose I can pay when I need it, and cancel at the end of the month.

A while ago, I was planning to go take some courses and obtain the education version, but now even the education version has gone to the CC model as well.

Any suggestions?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i have cs 5.5 and will stay on it as long as i can, i hate subscription based.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

there is a CC Photography package that is $10 a month I believe, you just have to have a legit copy of CS3 or newer.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    Tiburon, Hachiroku, AE92 GT-S, Sonata

I have been using CS2 for eons, but I recently moved to CS6 for the sole purpose of NOT having to subscribe to CC. I figured if I was able to use CS2 for so long, I should be able to use CS6 for many many years too.

I calculated it all out. I have been using Adobe photoshop and Illustrator user for over 15 years. I bought Photoshop 4.0 and Illustrator 7. Then I purchased Photoshop CS2 upgrade. Haven't upgraded since (before cs6). In total I've spent like $1500 IIRC. If they had the subscription model way back then, I would have paid $10,200 by now.

Seeing as how I'll continue to use their products for at least another 25 years, I'm saving as much as I can by delaying CC as long as possible.

Software subscriptions SUCK. The worst part is, if for some reason you are in financial trouble and cannot pay the monthly fee, you DON'T own the software so you can't even run the software for your business to make money to pay the subscription. You'll have put in thousands of dollars and at the end of the day you own nothing.

If you know anyone who is a student or teacher, you can get it for $200 or so. I forget exactly, but it's VERY cheap, and you get full publishing rights.

I am not sure if they still do that now that they've moved to the subscription model. I was lucky to get full CS6 for the education price before the move to subscriptions.

I don't like subscriptions either though, I bet piracy went up 10 fold after they announced that.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I've been thinking about updating from 5 to 6 but never to the subscription, which would be horrible. Unless you're a very short term user I can't see how this is beneficial to anyone.
    Last edited by msommers; 10-22-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '18 Murano

I'm staying at CS5, using Lightroom for most of my image tweaking, only use PS when I need layers or complex editing.

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

There is a free CS2 download available.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/36...oshop-cs2.html
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    2014 Fit Sport

Originally posted by AccentAE86
    I have been using CS2 for eons, but I recently moved to CS6 for the sole purpose of NOT having to subscribe to CC. I figured if I was able to use CS2 for so long, I should be able to use CS6 for many many years too.

I calculated it all out. I have been using Adobe photoshop and Illustrator user for over 15 years. I bought Photoshop 4.0 and Illustrator 7. Then I purchased Photoshop CS2 upgrade. Haven't upgraded since (before cs6). In total I've spent like $1500 IIRC. If they had the subscription model way back then, I would have paid $10,200 by now.
    Wow, that's an incredible price difference. Crazy.

I was happy with CS3 but then switched to a Mac and upgraded to CS5 at the same time. The upgraded features are nice but I don't think they were really critical to my work, so I don't see the need to continually upgrade. Hopefully I can stick with CS5 for the foreseeable future...

Originally posted by rotten42
    There is a free CS2 download available.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/36...oshop-cs2.html
    nice, thx.

I once had the student version CS5.5 master suite in my hands (600-ish at the time). It was gift from my wife. But I was not a student and neither was she. So I returned it the original purchaser (my in-laws) to be returned.