Quantcast
The Fall of 780tuners forums - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 25 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fall of 780tuners forums

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Default The Fall of 780tuners forums

What the shit is happening there? Everyone getting banned for sarcasm, minor trolling, gifs and meme's.

Hope it goes down in flames, moderation team needs a head check.

I posted for the first time in 7 months, making a light joke and some knight in shining tinfoil moderator bans me right away hahaha.

"vBulletin Message
    You have been banned for the following reason:
    Violation of forum rules - Trolling

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Wow really? It's a car forum, not a kids Nintendo fan site. what's the point of over moderation there? Don't know the details of course, maybe you were indeed being a cunt.

I like that they use VB4 though
    Last edited by btimbit; 10-24-2013 at 11:31 PM.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I got banned for this:

"LOOK AT ME. I'M A MODERATOR. I'M A SUPER SPECIAL UNICORN ON THE INTERNET.

just a sucker who doesn't get paid to be a big, bad meanie on the interwebz enforcing words"

plus it was in the forum that is "lightly moderated"

Seems like Mark Seto is trying to rebuild 780 into a pure - car only discussion and nothing else. You can't build a community if your rules are strictly black and white. Where's the fun in the everyday talking, if you can't joke around.

What fun would beyond be if there were no dumbasses like snowcat or jamesstewart or even zenops (even though he doesn't swear or get too meme-y)

I will admit, VB4 is pretty nice. HAHA.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 01:58 AM.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

All about that buy and sell forum, mark it for $20 more than you're selling on beyond and they will drive from Deadmonton to Calgary to pick it up

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    ......Who cares about Deadmonton's car forum anyway, beyond for lyfe
    THIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    STi

780 was always a crappier version of beyond anyways. At least this way they're not just a lesser carbon copy.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by jsn
    780 was always a crappier version of beyond anyways. At least this way they're not just a lesser carbon copy.
    It's nice to have a local forum.

I've been a long time member on 780, but it has gone down hill big time. Looks like I'll be spending more time hanging out here now :p

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Originally posted by EK9Hatch
    I've been a long time member on 780, but it has gone down hill big time. Looks like I'll be spending more time hanging out here now :p
    Only about 5 years for me, but when I heard that most of my edmonton friends were getting banned for almost no reason I thought the power of the forums team is sure getting to their heads.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

There's always room at the Beyond table for more, even if you are from Edmonton.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I barely post on there. If your actually friends with the moderators, you can get away with anything on there. If not, your gonna get shit on, bullied and banned.

Beyond has evolved so much more than just a car forum and is now a worldwide car culture/lifestyle whereas 780Tuners will always remain just a local car forum.

Now I mainly just use it to see what parts are for sale.

Logon to 780 to find this...Locker Room is our Ask Leo.

"Locker Room Removed

Based on gross abuse of forum rules in the Locker Room, we are removing it and will evaluate whether we will release it in the future."
    Last edited by dj_rice; 10-25-2013 at 06:02 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by EK9Hatch
    Hi Jamie!

Overzealous moderation breeds oversensitive users. When people are afraid to post, all your content goes down the toilet. No content, no forum.

Shame about 780, I liked it. Didn't visit often but when I did it felt just like another Beyond. I hope they turn things around. If not, I hope the abandoned members find Beyond.

I'd love to see Edmonton's version of ZenOps or m.alex.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

It wasn't until REP Media became involved that tis all started. I remember some pretty epic and funny threads over there. It seems like they are trying to push a serious car discussion forum only design. Which probably isn't sustainable. None of the forums I'm on are remotely like that.

They shut their "Ask Leo" section down last night. Thread lockings for posting pictures, going off topic. Mods/owners starting threads like "What did you have for Thanksgiving?" to try and generate discussion. The "Forum Suggestions" part is shut down.

Seems like their business model to grow their business to push out all their customers.
    Last edited by FraserB; 10-25-2013 at 08:38 AM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by FraserB
    It wasn't until REP Media became involved that tis all started. I remember some pretty epic and funny threads over there. It seems like they are trying to push a serious car discussion forum only design. Which probably isn't sustainable. None of the forums I'm on are remotely like that.

They shut their "Ask Leo" section down last night. Thread lockings for posting pictures, going off topic. Mods/owners starting threads like "What did you have for Thanksgiving?" to try and generate discussion. The "Forum Suggestions" part is shut down.

Seems like their business model to grow their business to push out all their customers.
    There was some hysterical threads on there from a few years ago. Now, all that shit gets locked down before we have the chance. Users are afriad to be themselves, and to harass anyone who deserves it. It's pointless to post, because all you end up doing is agreeing.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

There was some hysterical threads on there from a few years ago. Now, all that shit gets locked down before we have the chance. Users are afriad to be themselves, and to harass anyone who deserves it. It's pointless to post, because all you end up doing is agreeing.
    Someone needs to get Suldas or however you spell his name to register over here.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

And my thread asking why we're being treated like children was deleted...

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I've never been on that forum, but after seeing this thread I decided to pop on over there to see what the big deal was. As soon as I saw the thread about how to style a mullet and people were taking it seriously, I shook my head and closed the window.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I've never been on that forum, but after seeing this thread I decided to pop on over there to see what the big deal was. As soon as I saw the thread about how to style a mullet and people were taking it seriously, I shook my head and closed the window.
    It is Edmonton after all, that is a serious question there

Page 1 of 25 1 2 11 ... LastLast