Quantcast
2014 C63 507 vs 2015 C63 AMG Replacement - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2014 C63 507 vs 2015 C63 AMG Replacement

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Default 2014 C63 507 vs 2015 C63 AMG Replacement

Any thoughts on both? I hear the new generation will be revealed in January.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

If the 2015 will have a TT v8. It will rape the 507 edition in Calgary. Im excited to see what kinda output they are gonna get.

My Ride

507's are discounted right now a little. Leaning towards the 2015 with the updated looks and interior, but the discounts are making it a tough decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You won't be able to beat the sound of the 6.2L V8. Even the 5.5 TT sounds muted compared to the 6.2 so if sound is important, get the 507. The new C is set to be unveiled in Detoit, and my guess the AMG version in NY. Won't see em till November 2014 at the earliest. Lighter, TT, and most likely AWD, it'll be a faster car for sure.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I would wait. Or I would pick up a used 2012 or 2013 P31. Same car for way less dollars. If you really want the hood, buy it.

My Ride

Good advice. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    This and that.

I knew about the 2015's but couldn't wait until November next year for one. I knew about the 507's but didn't want to drop that much money on a car that will be outdated in a year. Which is why I went with the 2011 cause I can enjoy it for a couple of years and then get the face lifted version. Also, like Rage mentioned, one of my favorite things about this car is the sound. It is like music to my ears.

My Ride
    GT TDi

besides the fact it will make the same power sea level or calgary, a chip will get you some more

what do the new 5.5TT chip to? 650?

i would definitely wait
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by benyl
    I would wait. Or I would pick up a used 2012 or 2013 P31. Same car for way less dollars. If you really want the hood, buy it.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Almost pulled a trigger on a heavily discounted demo 2013 C63 with P31, could have had it for around 70K if I really pushed hard with 0.9%

Now, the salesman took me up their inventory lot and showed the C63 507 and he revved it and I can only say OMG on the sound of the 507, along with its aggressive styling and beautiful two-tone leather interior.

You do, lose the interior and exterior CF parts on the 507 that comes with the P31 package, though you win some SLS AMG internals on the M156 engine

Decided to wait until the new BMW M3 is to be revealed on January 2014 along with pricing hopefully

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by bart
    besides the fact it will make the same power sea level or calgary, a chip will get you some more

what do the new 5.5TT chip to? 650?

i would definitely wait
    The C63 will be getting a new 4.0TT. The 5.5TT is making around 620hp stock and chipped to 700hp at sea level, although in Calgary I'd say it maxes out the turbos at stock hp levels due to the elevation.

Originally posted by jaylo
    Almost pulled a trigger on a heavily discounted demo 2013 C63 with P31, could have had it for around 70K if I really pushed hard with 0.9%

Now, the salesman took me up their inventory lot and showed the C63 507 and he revved it and I can only say OMG on the sound of the 507, along with its aggressive styling and beautiful two-tone leather interior.

You do, lose the interior and exterior CF parts on the 507 that comes with the P31 package, though you win some SLS AMG internals on the M156 engine

Decided to wait until the new BMW M3 is to be revealed on January 2014 along with pricing hopefully
    The P31 has SLS internals as well. The 507 is just a P31 with the BS hood. At 70k and 0.9% I would've jumped on it. My guess, the new C55 next year is going to go up in price.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    GT TDi

4.0 eh? i wonder how it will compare to audi's 4.0... safe to say new c63 will weigh less than an s8? lol

2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

my buddy has the 507. pretty nice car and ended up being less than a brand new 2013 c63.

rage is right, u cannot beat that amg grunt.

im more of a turbo guy myself, so id probably swing towards that but nothing wrong with a 500hp NA sedan.

My Ride
    W204

I'd say the most significant decisions would be AWD, and then weight reduction, NOT the power of the old vs. new motor. Trust me, after you've ever driven a C63, about the last thing on your mind would be "I just wish this had a bit more power", even with the HP loss at our elevation. The car already has so much power as is that traction is your foe.

Anyway if you enjoy driving, you enjoy cars for what they are, and you enjoy hearing stupidly loud exhausts, then the current C is the one to get. I personally think the sound of the NA gives me a bigger smile than anything else about the car. But if you want something that you can drive year round and will be fast under all conditions, then wait. Yes I like turbos as much as the next guy but IMHO absolutely nothing beats stupidly powerful NA.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    15 Lexus RCF, 15 Lexus NX Fsport

Picked up my 507 last week, black on black sedan. Absolutely love it!

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Originally posted by clem24
    ...about the last thing on your mind would be "I just wish this had a bit more power"...
    WTH...I thought every car guy always wanted more power?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

There is never enough power.

My Ride
    This and that.

Haha I agree with Clem; I initially thought that it was way too much power. But now that I am used to it, I feel like I want more. Especially when I stopped next to a GTR couple of times. lol

I haven't driven it in a couple of weeks and I miss the damn thing so much. lol.

With TT and AWD in the next one, I wouldn't even be considering a current C63 if I was in the market. It will be faster, especially at our altitude, and it will be able to put the power down more easily, as well as make a better year-round driver. A chip will also give another 100HP/TQ minimum, I bet. If it's lighter it'll likely handle and stop better as well. The new C interior looks massively improved too. So many reasons to wait.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Haha I agree with Clem; I initially thought that it was way too much power. But now that I am used to it, I feel like I want more. Especially when I stopped next to a GTR couple of times. lol
    Wait aren't I saying the opposite? LOL I think there's more than adequate power. I've never actually felt the car was low in that regard. Well maybe when you're in the 150-200 KM/h region, but not that I would ever drive that fast..

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    With TT and AWD in the next one, I wouldn't even be considering a current C63 if I was in the market. It will be faster, especially at our altitude, and it will be able to put the power down more easily, as well as make a better year-round driver. A chip will also give another 100HP/TQ minimum, I bet. If it's lighter it'll likely handle and stop better as well. The new C interior looks massively improved too. So many reasons to wait.
    I'd agree here but without drawing any conclusions... I'd only wait to see what the new car has the offer and how it feels. Just because something has AWD, turbo and is faster doesn't mean it's better. If that was the case, everyone should just buy a GT-R and be done with. I should also add that just because it has AWD does not mean that I'd actually take it out during the winter either; I'd probably still opt for the beater path.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast