Quantcast
MRC: general business admin to transfer to bachelor of commerce? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: MRC: general business admin to transfer to bachelor of commerce?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Default MRC: general business admin to transfer to bachelor of commerce?

i'm looking at my options right now for getting into the bachelor of commerce transfer program, and to say the least, they aren't looking good.

i have a 57% average, and even though i have an 80% in math, its in applied and not pure (65% pure required).

my other thought was go into gen. business admin and try to get into bachelor of commerce. a couple of the courses are transferable, and a 2.3 GPA is the minimum on 8 most recent post/sec courses with minimum 24 credit hours.

questions.
    how hard is this to complete? i'm not afraid to do the work if i have a chance to get in.

what is a CREDIT HOUR?

has anyone else on here done this?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    99 Civic

Default Re: MRC: general business admin to transfer to bachelor of commerce?

Originally posted by finboy
    i'm looking at my options right now for getting into the bachelor of commerce transfer program, and to say the least, they aren't looking good.

i have a 57% average, and even though i have an 80% in math, its in applied and not pure (65% pure required).

my other thought was go into gen. business admin and try to get into bachelor of commerce. a couple of the courses are transferable, and a 2.3 GPA is the minimum on 8 most recent post/sec courses with minimum 24 credit hours.

questions.
    how hard is this to complete? i'm not afraid to do the work if i have a chance to get in.

what is a CREDIT HOUR?

has anyone else on here done this?
    credit hour is how much each course is worth, pretty much like credits I think.
    Right now im in part time at mt.royal.
    Each class is only 3-4hours... I'm taking 8hours per semester.
    2semesters per year =16hours.... plus spring and summer course = 24hours.

with an average of 2.3 in all my courses, you (and I) can get into the course.
    the only reason I'm doing this instead of upgrading is because I get credits by completing these classes and I wont have to do them again IF i get into the course.... which will make my course load easier.
    I hope I helped and answered your questions.

If you dedicate yourself to the work, no class should be TOO difficult at mt.royal. Good luck with things
    Last edited by SI-vic; 02-25-2004 at 08:19 PM.

My Ride
    BMW E46/R6

Transfer from MRC to Ucalgary commerce is very competitive. Last I heard was that it was 3.5+ for transferring into the faculty.

If i didn't get in through High School two years ago, I would have stayed and upgraded my high school marks instead of doing the MRC transfer.

ya its like almost impossible to get in through MRC transfer. That's what I'm trying to do right now and I think a 3.6 or 3.7 is a guaranteed acceptance.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

if you want a BCOM get it from Athabasa U, they will accept you and give you the degree you want. And you can be making cash while going to school, this is a program I have convinced alot of buddies to take up and it has worked out well for each of them.

is it like a co-op program? How do they make cash while going to school?

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by buh_buh
    is it like a co-op program? How do they make cash while going to school?
    Athabasca University is a correspondence University. You take your courses through correspondence, so you can be working while earning a degree.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

3.6 for transfer for kids that are already in U of C.
    It's probably the same for MRC. This year they will let 180 year 3 students in from U of C. That figure is probably gonna be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller for MRC, thus making it incredibly comptetive.
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Athabasca University is a correspondence University. You take your courses through correspondence, so you can be working while earning a degree.
    exactly, while most BCOM students spend 15 hours of class a week and about 5 hours studying you could be working full time and spend 15 hours a week and you'll be better off then many UC students. But for correspondance to work you really have to be intrested in the subject, then it will fly by and you can finish courses in 1 month. And comparing how my buddies did compared to the average UC BCOM student they got jobs with better relative experience and wages then the average published UC results. It all depends how you do in that interview when there are 10 UC students vs the one AU student, it's all about how you present yourself and why you fit.

cheers and enjoy AU

My Ride
    BMW E46/R6

^^^ very true, attitude and personality are just as important if not more than where your degree came from in getting a job. I've met various people who are book smart and pull off 4.0 semester's however dont have any people skills, and as a result have a tough time finding a job.