Quantcast
Batkid saves San Fransisco - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Batkid saves San Fransisco

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Batkid saves San Fransisco

Well, not yet but in a couple hours he's about to

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/..._francisco.php

San Francisco Turns Into Gotham City So 5-Year-Old Cancer Patient Can Be Batkid
    By Erin Sherbert Thu., Nov. 14 2013 at 8:27 AM

No BART delay or Muni runaway train is going to ruin tomorrow in San Francisco. The entire city will be transformed into Gotham City for 5-year-old Miles, a leukemia patient whose one wish was to be a crime-fighting super hero -- specifically Batkid.

So the amazing folks over at the Make-A-Wish Foundation are making this wish come true tomorrow. The police chief, Mayor Ed Lee, and the SFMTA, to name a few, will be calling upon "Batkid" to help a troubled San Francisco.

Batkid is going to be really busy tomorrow, and here's why:

At about 10 a.m., Miles will depart the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Union Square in his batmobile after answering the Chief of Police's call for help. He'll exit the building through loading dock area located between Williams-Sonoma and the former Levi's store on Post Street between Powell and Stockton streets.

He'll head to Hyde and Green streets where a Damsel in distress is rescued from the Hyde Street cable car line on the 1900 block of Hyde, between Green and Union streets

At 10:15 batkid's services will be needed down on Montgomery Street where a bank robbery will be taking place. Batman and Batkid will arrest the Riddler, who is in the middle of robbing a vault at the bank on 500 Montgomery St. The Riddler is carted off in an SFPD paddy wagon, thanks to Batkid's efforts.

At 11:15 a.m., Batkid will finally get a chance to refuel at Burger Bar. But while eating, Batkid will be alerted by a flashmob that Lou Seal has been kidnapped by the Penguin.

Next stop: AT&T Park

Batman and Batkid chase the Penguin around the Promenade level of AT&T park, going through the cable car, down the Coke bottle slide, and ending up near the miniature ball park. Lou Seal is tied up there, and our little hero will rescue him. They go down to the field to watch a message on the Jumbotron from the Chief of Police, inviting them to City Hall where the mayor is waiting to give them the key to the city.

Batkid makes his way to City Hall to meet Mayor Ed Lee and get the key to the city for all his hard work in keeping San Francisco safe.

"This wish has meant closure for our family and an end to over three years of putting toxic drugs in our son's body" says Miles' mom, Natalie. "This wish has become kind of a family reunion and is our celebration of his treatment completion."

You can head over to any of these locations and cheer Miles on, or watch Batkid in action via Twitter or Instagram at #SFBatKid and @SFWish or @PenguinSF.

It's going to be a big day for Miles -- and San Francisco.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

That's pretty awesome.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Is fun!

Awww bless him! Hope he has a fab time and long healthy life!

Default Re: Batkid saves San Fransisco

"This wish has meant closure for our family and an end to over three years of putting toxic drugs in our son's body"
    Uh huh.

Toxic drugs that kept your son alive.

Hopefully this kid grows up to be smarter and more positive than his parents.

My Ride
    Has AWD

wow thats pretty freakin cool

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default Re: Re: Batkid saves San Fransisco

I'm really impressed that the Make-A-Wish Foundation was able to pull this off, and hat's off to everyone that's going to be involved.

http://wish.org/wishes/wish-nation-b...rant-epic-wish

We blog about the impact of wishes. Parents and siblings attest to a wish’s power, and wish kids will often tell you straight out that their wish changed their life – forever.

But how do you show a wish’s impact on a community? It’s hard to collect a quote for that. Actions speak louder than words.

Community involvement powers wishes every day in endless ways, with volunteers, local businesses and organizations working toward one objective: to make a local child’s wish come true. It’s the idea that was behind the inception of Make-A-Wish. It’s the idea behind the thousands of wishes we grant each year.

Superhero Fans Already Abuzz

The wish of a boy with leukemia has captured the attention of media across the globe – and it will come to life this Friday.

Miles, 5, wishes to be a superhero. To grant his wish, thousands of people in the San Francisco area are coming together to create and take part in the narrative for Miles’ wish.

Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area has coordinated a wish experience on the scale of a military operation. Miles’ day begins at 10 a.m. with a call for help from the city’s chief of police. Throughout the day, the young crime fighter will weave his way across the city – rescuing “a damsel in distress” on the cable car line, foiling a bank robbery near the Financial District, and chasing the bad guys to a climactic battle of good vs. evil at AT&T Park, the home field for the San Francisco Giants.

A Huge Cast Signs On

More than 10,000 people have RSVPd online to play a role in Miles’ wish. Many will gather for a celebration ceremony at City Hall with San Francisco’s mayor and chief of police.

“This wish has meant closure for our family and an end to over three years of putting toxic drugs in our son’s body” says Miles’ mom, Natalie. “This wish has become kind of a family reunion and is our celebration of his treatment completion.”

Families always feel how a wish experience changes them. On Friday, an entire city – maybe an entire planet – will discover how it feels to share the power of a wish®..

Originally posted by sputnik

Uh huh.

Toxic drugs that kept your son alive.

Hopefully this kid grows up to be smarter and more positive than his parents.
    Really.. talk about deliberately missing the point and searching out the most negative possible aspect while maintaining a healthy distance from any possible relevance. People are doing something truly good in this world, something that will have a profound impact on that child, as well as everyone who's life that child touches. For a child that has been seriously ill, and the best you can do is piss all over it. Seriously man, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Edited for "correctness"
    Last edited by codetrap; 11-15-2013 at 01:59 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

That's pretty cool. They should put him in the tumbler too.

My Ride
    Horse

Awesome! Agree with Codetrap as well.

My Ride

This is the best thing I've read in quite a while! Bravo, Make-A-Wish

Default Re: Re: Re: Batkid saves San Fransisco

Originally posted by codetrap
    I'm really impressed that the Make-A-Wish Foundation was able to pull this off, and hat's off to everyone that's going to be involved.

http://wish.org/wishes/wish-nation-b...rant-epic-wish

Really.. talk about deliberately missing the point and searching out the most negative possible aspect while maintaining a healthy distance from any possible relevance. People are doing something truly good in this world, something that will have a profound impact on that child, as well as everyone who's life that child touches. For a child that will most likely die pretty soon, and the best you can do is piss all over it. Seriously man, you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Id like for a source stating that he is terminal and will indefinitely die from his condition.

From what i have read so far is that he is in fact no longer getting treatment and will be ok.

Its very heartbreaking to know that a poor kid was once put through the pains of battling a potentially terminal disease. It is also heartwarming that this kid will feel unimaginable after this.

BUT...

What about the kids that are actually terminal? The ones that only have days, weeks, or months left? If this kid is going to be ok, the gift of a future should be his reward.

I just feel that while yes the kid deserves some happiness...that there is someone out there with a lot less time, that may also.

My Ride

spike, I'm not going to bother educating you about child leukemia survival rates, or what the Make-A-Wish Foundations policies are regarding the various stages of serious diseases. Educate yourself, and you can answer your own questions. I doubt you'll have a problem with this after you do.

Check this out.. the pictures... the new batmobile is pretty nice too.
    http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/201...idsf-make-wish
    Last edited by codetrap; 11-15-2013 at 01:54 PM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by codetrap
    spike, I'm not going to bother educating you about child leukemia survival rates, or what the Make-A-Wish Foundations policies are regarding the various stages of serious diseases. Educate yourself, and you can answer your own questions. I doubt you'll have a problem with this after you do.

Check this out.. the pictures... the new batmobile is pretty nice too.
    http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/201...idsf-make-wish
    You're 100% correct. I am not. My post wasn't meant to be callous. I was looking for clarification and perhaps the way i worded my post was misappropriated.

My Ride

It's all good, I found out he has ALL, which means that an optimistic prognosis puts him with an 85% for 5 years. The first news report I read had him with a more terminal variety.

I'm sorry I came off as all harsh too, I'm having a particularly shitty day at work today.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Batkid saves San Fransisco

Originally posted by spike98
    BUT...

What about the kids that are actually terminal? The ones that only have days, weeks, or months left? If this kid is going to be ok, the gift of a future should be his reward.

I just feel that while yes the kid deserves some happiness...that there is someone out there with a lot less time, that may also.
    The problem is, these events are planned well ahead. Some kids comes out of it, some don't. So you really can't say it's a waste just because kid survives.

The girl that Hammond drove around with in a pink Lambo didn't make it.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-15-2013 at 02:18 PM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

It was awesome when I heard about it last week. Even crazier now that it's gained so much publicity that big crowds were showing up to cheer him on. That must've been a logistical nightmare to plan, so props to everyone involved.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info