Quantcast
Paying a car with pennies. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Paying a car with pennies.

Default Paying a car with pennies.

And on a lighter note: Payment successful.

It does kind of make sense for a car dealership to accept, especially if it runs a junkyard as a side business. Realistically, they just squish the old cars into two ton cubes and ship them off to China for a $100 profit, so they are already equipped to handle tonnage.

Are you serious?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-05-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It does kind of make sense for a car dealership to accept, especially if it runs a junkyard as a side business. Realistically, they just squish the old cars into two ton cubes and ship them off to China for a $100 profit, so they are already equipped to handle tonnage.
    except that destroying coins is illegal.

Canada
    The Currency Act states that "no person shall melt down, break up or use otherwise than as currency any coin that is legal tender in Canada." Similarly, Section 456 of The Criminal Code of Canada says: "Every one who (a) defaces a current coin, or (b) utters a current coin that has been defaced, is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction."

However neither the Currency Act nor Criminal Code mention paper currency. It therefore remains legal to completely destroy paper currency.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Using US coinage for real needs is not really all that bad. Its the Queen you can't really deface. Yes, only the royal mint is allowed to melt and make money off pennies (which they probably are nearing done by now)

https://www.moneyfactory.gov/resourc...gulations.html

Pennies are treated differently from nickel based coinage. But in general you are allowed $100 per day per individual as export for legitimate usage as money. Just like how people around the world use US $100 bills, a lot of them do use the coinage as well. It would be a total waste to melt it down for actual use as its primary value is as money.

Truth be known, oil tankers drop millions of tons of oil off at US ports and go home 99% empty as the US produces no bulk goods that are worth buying. Having a single cubic meter of coinage would in many ways - be worth it because of said emptiness and trade imbalance. To me, the US physically produces one product that is of value - the nickel (at a rate of three nickels per capita per year). The product that it produces that is not physical is US bonds (bondage, or slavery dollars)

I would love to buy coconuts from Peurto Rico, but realistically - they would need to hit a production of about 20 tons per person per year as a bulk good worth purchasing - just to get them to "even" on their debts. With wheat at $140 per ton, a wheat farmer has to produce about 200 tons per year at current per capita US debt levels... I don't make the rules or the numbers, but that is the current debt system of payment.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-06-2018 at 06:02 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Somewhat related..my Wife was just given a rolled up bag of silver US dimes that her Grandpa saved for all his kids as 'Doomsday dimes' Apparently worth 10X+ face value based on the silver content. Id like to melt them down into one brick, but dont think thats allowed. Just have to keep them away from the kids for candy money.

R-Audi, sounds like your wife has some ZenOps lineage in her family tree.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    R-Audi, sounds like your wife has some ZenOps lineage in her family tree.
    Her Grandpa was a bit crazy apparently.. dimes were the tip of the iceberg. Also had his bed grounded with a cable to the ground outside and was into all sorts of alternative medicine...that being said he did manage to beat cancer and live for ~10 more years when he was told he had months to live.. and that $50 bag of dimes is now worth over $500.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Somewhat related..my Wife was just given a rolled up bag of silver US dimes that her Grandpa saved for all his kids as 'Doomsday dimes' Apparently worth 10X+ face value based on the silver content. Id like to melt them down into one brick, but dont think thats allowed. Just have to keep them away from the kids for candy money.
    They're American silver dimes, you're Canadian. Don't think that there's a law on the books that prevents Canadians from destroying another country's currency while not on that country's soil. Fire up the burner.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Looked it up online, since they are the silver dimes and no longer is circulation you are allowed to melt them. Not that I have the gear for that though..