Quantcast
Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 56 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1248

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

  1. #1101
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    C-Town
    My Ride
    X3M Competition
    Posts
    7,123
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to buy a base base GTi for under $30k but seems impossible these days. R pricing has also climbed steadily, my parents originally paid around $40800 OTD for their 16 R and you can’t come anywhere near that now.
    That's about what I paid for my 2016 from Ryan which was fully loaded DSG and DAP but not OTD. Must have been a base manual as that dealer would have been selling for very little profit.
    Last edited by heavyD; 05-16-2019 at 12:10 PM.

  2. #1102
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Beyond Fit 2017 Golf R, 2011 Silverado beater.
    Posts
    1,159
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would love to buy a base base GTi for under $30k but seems impossible these days. R pricing has also climbed steadily, my parents originally paid around $40800 OTD for their 16 R and you can’t come anywhere near that now.
    Dam thats the cheapest OTD price for the R ive ever seen. I got $1500 off msrp and still paid 45k.

  3. #1103
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    111R, DC2R, Outback XT
    Posts
    2,078
    Rep Power
    12

  4. #1104
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,687
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Thing is ugly though.

  5. #1105
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S4
    Posts
    2,629
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thing is ugly though.
    Way better looking than the CTR, imo.

  6. #1106
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Not Aspen
    My Ride
    ferd furkus rs
    Posts
    3,559
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    way better looking than the ctr, imo.
    x2

  7. #1107
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    CTS-V, DMax, P71
    Posts
    6,327
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    x2
    x3

  8. #1108
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I like it. Need to own it and catch it at the correct angles to appreciate it.

    It’s actually fairly muscular
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #1109
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I disagree! x1
    Hahahah

  10. #1110
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Berta Special
    Posts
    5,297
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Way better looking than the CTR, imo.
    x4

    but that's not saying alot...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  11. #1111
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965
    Posts
    3,154
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    x 5 ...

    Not even a fair comparison to the Ctr.
    The Original !

    1234567, hҦho

  12. #1112
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Secret City, Alberta
    My Ride
    2018 Civic Si
    Posts
    524
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Si ECU tunes are getting pretty impressive with no other mods required. Probably shorten the clutch life depending on how you drive it but it's looking to be a worthwhile upgrade.

    182whp / 206tq - Factory Calibration
    208whp / 258tq - KTuner Starter 23psi
    237whp / 281tq - TSP Stage 1 Tune

    Obviously still no CTR power but at least further separating the Si from the Sport's power to be more in a class of it's own, the way the Si should have been IMO.
    Last edited by Swank; 06-19-2019 at 03:49 PM.

  13. #1113
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,163
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Si should have definitely come with more power IMO as well. In between the Sport and R, not only ~10% more (advertised) than the Sport, so maybe around 240-250hp. If it had that, I think it would eat into a lot more GTI sales and cost Honda nothing more than an ECU map change. I'm surprised you can't get more out of the Si with a tune though. With a Hondata flash the regular Civic Sport gets 225hp / 255tq (stock is 190hp / 191 tq on the same dyno). The flash also gets rid of the artificial turbo lag and rev-hang.

    If only it wouldn't void my lease agreement....
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-19-2019 at 03:34 PM.

  14. #1114
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I've been seeing a bunch of the 4 door si's lately. I really like them. Especially in that blue.

  15. #1115
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 05:21 PM.

  16. #1116
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw a CTR in Sonic Grey Pearl yesterday, it looked really awesome. I am always impressed when I see one of these in person.

    A lot of people don't like the wing and back styling of the CTR, but I like cars with a bit of a crazy character so it really appeals to me. I could definitely own one of these.



    I do wonder how it will stack up against the upcoming 2021 WRX-STi though.
    What are the rumors on the 2021?

  17. #1117
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965
    Posts
    3,154
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    How about winter wheel and tire package?

    BMW wheel can fit? Will it clear 17inch BMW wheel? anyone tried?

    The Original !

    1234567, hҦho

  18. #1118
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Cochrane, AB
    My Ride
    Trucks
    Posts
    1,503
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are the rumors on the 2021?
    Same performance as the last 20 years me thinks.

  19. #1119
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How about winter wheel and tire package?

    BMW wheel can fit? Will it clear 17inch BMW wheel? anyone tried?

    I believe 18 inch is the smallest.
    I ran fast fc04 wheels which I believe are same specs as bmw wheels.
    If I remember correctly mine were 18x8.5 +38

  20. #1120
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LF: Mega Man ZX & Mega Man ZX Advent for DS

    By Despair* in forum Video Games / Consoles
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-04-2010, 03:32 PM
  2. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition

    By Kirbs17 in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 4144
    Latest Threads: 06-23-2007, 01:38 PM
  3. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: Info, Chat, Discussion

    By l8braker in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 6475
    Latest Threads: 08-29-2006, 02:44 PM
  4. Fs: **mega Misc. Thread!!!**

    By cycosis in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 08-21-2006, 09:47 PM
  5. The 2006 World Cup Soccer Mega Thread

    By RickDaTuner in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 492
    Latest Threads: 07-13-2006, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •