Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 65 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1456

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They are probably too hard to get, especially if you want a particular color. The Swindon plant that makes them in the UK is shutting down permanently in ~3 months and on top of that there were COVID delays that affected production from that plant for a big chunk of 2020.

Some dealers were also asking way over MSRP or forcing buyers to take horrible deals on protection packages, extended warranties, and financing so ~$44K might not seem too bad to someone who really wants one. That is of course just speculation. I know in the USA they are commonly sold $10K USD over MSRP and there are threads hundreds of pages long with people trying to find them closer to MSRP.

I guess even if you ended up selling $5K less than you paid for it, after 3-4 years the total cost of ownership is hilariously low if you managed to find one.
    They are probably too hard to get, especially if you want a particular color. The Swindon plant that makes them in the UK is shutting down permanently in ~3 months and on top of that there were COVID delays that affected production from that plant for a big chunk of 2020.

Some dealers were also asking way over MSRP or forcing buyers to take horrible deals on protection packages, extended warranties, and financing so ~$44K might not seem too bad to someone who really wants one. That is of course just speculation. I know in the USA they are commonly sold $10K USD over MSRP and there are threads hundreds of pages long with people trying to find them closer to MSRP.

I guess even if you ended up selling $5K less than you paid for it, after 3-4 years the total cost of ownership is hilariously low if you managed to find one.
    I just searched trader, there are only few CTR for sale! And someone is on crack, asking $100K for the LE .. lol May be I should consider to sell mine ...
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    I just searched trader, there are only few CTR for sale! And someone is on crack, asking $100K for the LE .. lol May be I should consider to sell mine ...
    $100K seems a bit outrageous, maybe in 30 years if you kept it pristine and never drove it haha. You have nothing to lose by trying to get a huge premium though I guess given that normal CTRs regularly sell $10K USD over MSRP.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

$100K seems a bit outrageous, maybe in 30 years if you kept it pristine and never drove it haha. You have nothing to lose by trying to get a huge premium though I guess given that normal CTRs regularly sell $10K USD over MSRP.
    A 'bit' outrageous!!??

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    A 'bit' outrageous!!??
    Yup, I think it's pretty outrageous, but much more outrageous prices have been paid for much less interesting vehicles.

Someone sold a very uninteresting regular 2000 Civic Si that had been used for $50K USD (well over over double it's original value) so while I think $100K is outrageous, other much more boring Civics have sold for far more outrageous amounts. I wouldn't be surprised if in 20 years time someone with a mint/unused CTR LE gets $100K or more from a collector.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Yup, I think it's pretty outrageous, but much more outrageous prices have been paid for much less interesting vehicles.

Someone sold a very uninteresting regular 2000 Civic Si that had been used for $50K USD (well over over double it's original value) so while I think $100K is outrageous, other much more boring Civics have sold for far more outrageous amounts. I wouldn't be surprised if in 20 years time someone with a mint/unused CTR LE gets $100K or more from a collector.
    Considering that mint/unused ITRs, S2000 are not fetching that much right now I doubt it, especially considering it's not like they are not producing these in volume for several years. There have only been a few Japanese cars to cross this threshold.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Although the price is outrageous, someone did purchase one for $165K at the Barrett-Jackson auction. Wasn't even a good number either, #51 with 15 miles on it.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2021-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-244924
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    Although the price is outrageous, someone did purchase one for $165K at the Barrett-Jackson auction. Wasn't even a good number either, #51 with 15 miles on it.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2021-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-244924
    which is why im surprised you are keeping yours and driving it. Props to you.

I know of another in town that's sold and the new owner would just store it for his collection.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    which is why im surprised you are keeping yours and driving it. Props to you.

I know of another in town that's sold and the new owner would just store it for his collection.
    I actually don't know how much I could sell it for. It has to be quite a bit to make it worth while for me.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    V8s

I actually don't know how much I could sell it for. It has to be quite a bit to make it worth while for me.
    On thesmokingtire's video with it, Matt said they're going for 60-70k USD with dealer markup. No idea how to validate that as fact, but I assume he knows what he's talking about.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Well, it's clear now.

Jordan's going to profit $30k and we don't get to see a beyonder own a LE CTR. Good job guys... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    Considering that mint/unused ITRs, S2000 are not fetching that much right now I doubt it, especially considering it's not like they are not producing these in volume for several years. There have only been a few Japanese cars to cross this threshold.
    Looking at the posts after mine, it seems someone already paid over $200K CAD for one, and if they are really selling for ~$70K USD that is ~$90K CAD

If I somehow got an LE I would just sell it and buy a 'regular' CTR as the LE upgrades don't really add much other than exclusivity and an enormous price premium.

My Ride

I think 70K USD on BAT is doable.

Unless the thought of owning it or the 1/1000 people who see it who will actually know it's special and give you a thumbs up in traffic is extremely important to you, I would take the ~$30K or whatever ridiculous premium you can get and go buy a regular CTR if you really like the car otherwise. Win/win IMO and you also don't have to worry as much about something happening to it if you're that kind of person (I would be).

How would yours be different than the one that sold for over $200K CAD? The one that sold wasn't even production #1 or anything. A bit of patience might get you more than expected for it.

My Ride

Unless the thought of owning it or the 1/1000 people who see it who will actually know it's special and give you a thumbs up in traffic is extremely important to you, I would take the ~$30K or whatever ridiculous premium you can get and go buy a regular CTR if you really like the car otherwise. Win/win IMO and you also don't have to worry as much about something happening to it if you're that kind of person (I would be).

How would yours be different than the one that sold for over $200K CAD? The one that sold wasn't even production #1 or anything. A bit of patience might get you more than expected for it.
    you are not their target market if a limited edition doesn't excite you. so whatever you say is irrelevant.

you are not their target market if a limited edition doesn't excite you. so whatever you say is irrelevant.
    You didn't even read my post Maybe owning it is important to him, maybe it isn't - not for us to decide. I think it's awesome that he got one in the 'lottery' and whether or not he keeps it or sells it for a profit, good for him. Why so salty? Let the rest of us be excited for him if you have nothing positive to add.

$100-200k seems a bit ludicrous for a FWD vehicle based on a Honda Civic platform.

Even $45k doesn’t seem like good value for that vehicle to me (at least not today, might have been a different story 20 years ago).

My Ride

You didn't even read my post Maybe owning it is important to him, maybe it isn't - not for us to decide. I think it's awesome that he got one in the 'lottery' and whether or not he keeps it or sells it for a profit, good for him. Why so salty? Let the rest of us be excited for him if you have nothing positive to add.

lol wut , He had a regular CTR IIRC. So obviously the LE is special to him. And he stated that it'll have to be a significant amount for him to sell... I guess you didn't read... I added more real stats than you have your useless opinion?!

lol wut , He had a regular CTR IIRC. So obviously the LE is special to him. And he stated that it'll have to be a significant amount for him to sell... I guess you didn't read... I added more real stats than you have your useless opinion?!
    By your logic though, the fact that he's willing to sell for the right price doesn't make him an enthusiast or the target market, as you said that's what removes me from the target market when I said the same thing. I would disagree with that as I imagine a lot of enthusiasts have a price if it's high enough. I never once said the car doesn't excite me, those were entirely your words, and then you went on to make false assumptions based on the narrative you concocted. Just let the rest of us be excited for him if the only reason you came here was to inject negativity into the thread and shit on me for literally no reason.

My Ride

By your logic though, the fact that he's willing to sell for the right price doesn't make him an enthusiast or the target market, as you said that's what removes me from the target market when I said the same thing. I would disagree with that as I imagine a lot of enthusiasts have a price if it's high enough. I never once said the car doesn't excite me, those were entirely your words, and then you went on to make false assumptions based on the narrative you concocted. Just let the rest of us be excited for him if the only reason you came here was to inject negativity into the thread and shit on me for literally no reason.
    Lets be real here, you wont even pay the premium for the LE at MSRP to begin with so yes, you are not the target market....

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Lets be real here, you wont even pay the premium for the LE at MSRP to begin with so yes, you are not the target market....
    Stop replying to his posts. Tired of seeing his wall of text bullshit.

Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast