Quantcast
Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 18 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1139

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

  1. #341
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,674
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by automotivat3d
    A couple of updates on the CTR for those who are interested:

    - 340hp from it's 2.0L L4 turbocharge engine
    - Set to compete against Golf R, Focus RS, and Subaru WRX STI
    - CTR will be available in a coupe, sedan, and 5 door hatchback
    - Available in Honda showroom starting mid May 2017
    - Depending on your local dealer, a deposit (min of $500) will save you a spot for the next CTR. Some dealers will only have 3-6 per year (one of each body style)
    - The 2017 CTR will not look like the Euro Spec but a tone-down styling of the current 10th gen Civic Touring
    - The CTR will have a centre dual tip exhaust system and not a quad tip dual exhaust like what most pictures were shown

    I have a meeting with a rep from Honda Canada tomorrow so I'll try and squeeze more information out for the CTR
    Nice! Let us know when you get the info. So excited for this car!

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,052
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally posted by automotivat3d

    - CTR will be available in a coupe, sedan, and 5 door hatchback

    - The 2017 CTR will not look like the Euro Spec but a tone-down styling of the current 10th gen Civic Touring
    -
    As usual, NA gets the shaft. No 3 door models and a vanilla'd version of what the rest of the world gets.

    Ill be keeping my EP3 for another decade I think.

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,674
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by revelations


    As usual, NA gets the shaft. No 3 door models and a vanilla'd version of what the rest of the world gets.

    Ill be keeping my EP3 for another decade I think.
    I don't think anyone gets a 3 door hatch. Dont they have 4 door hatches in europe?

  4. #344
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    C-Town
    My Ride
    X3M Competition
    Posts
    7,007
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Originally posted by 4doorj

    I don't think anyone gets a 3 door hatch. Dont they have 4 door hatches in europe?
    All the Euro CTR's I have seen have been 5 door. Unless it has AWD there's no way it's going to come to North America with 340 hp.

  5. #345
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Beyond Fit 2017 Golf R, 2011 Silverado beater.
    Posts
    1,160
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally posted by automotivat3d
    A couple of updates on the CTR for those who are interested:

    - 340hp from it's 2.0L L4 turbocharge engine
    - Set to compete against Golf R, Focus RS, and Subaru WRX STI
    - CTR will be available in a coupe, sedan, and 5 door hatchback
    - Available in Honda showroom starting mid May 2017
    - Depending on your local dealer, a deposit (min of $500) will save you a spot for the next CTR. Some dealers will only have 3-6 per year (one of each body style)
    - The 2017 CTR will not look like the Euro Spec but a tone-down styling of the current 10th gen Civic Touring
    - The CTR will have a centre dual tip exhaust system and not a quad tip dual exhaust like what most pictures were shown

    I have a meeting with a rep from Honda Canada tomorrow so I'll try and squeeze more information out for the CTR
    Source? I thought the CTR was a 5-Door hatch only.

  6. #346
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally posted by automotivat3d
    A couple of updates on the CTR for those who are interested:

    - 340hp from it's 2.0L L4 turbocharge engine
    - Set to compete against Golf R, Focus RS, and Subaru WRX STI
    - CTR will be available in a coupe, sedan, and 5 door hatchback
    - Available in Honda showroom starting mid May 2017
    - Depending on your local dealer, a deposit (min of $500) will save you a spot for the next CTR. Some dealers will only have 3-6 per year (one of each body style)
    - The 2017 CTR will not look like the Euro Spec but a tone-down styling of the current 10th gen Civic Touring
    - The CTR will have a centre dual tip exhaust system and not a quad tip dual exhaust like what most pictures were shown

    I have a meeting with a rep from Honda Canada tomorrow so I'll try and squeeze more information out for the CTR
    I heard 1000 models for the initial release. Basically - 1 per dealer.

    Too much conflicting information.

    On a side note, ask the rep when the Si is coming and will it be a 2L or 1.5L.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  7. #347
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,674
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by heavyD


    All the Euro CTR's I have seen have been 5 door. Unless it has AWD there's no way it's going to come to North America with 340 hp.
    Yah thats what I thought

  8. #348
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    W222 S550 LWB
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Redlined_8000


    Source? I thought the CTR was a 5-Door hatch only.
    I work for Honda

    Autotrader.ca and CivicX.com has pictures of the sedan and 5 door hatch.

    It's FWD not AWD unless I read it wrong.

    Originally posted by heavyD


    All the Euro CTR's I have seen have been 5 door. Unless it has AWD there's no way it's going to come to North America with 340 hp.
    HondaPro Jason confirmed 340hp
    Originally posted by Darkane

    I heard 1000 models for the initial release. Basically - 1 per dealer.

    Too much conflicting information.

    On a side note, ask the rep when the Si is coming and will it be a 2L or 1.5L.
    Depending on the dealer, 1-3.
    - Alberta Honda (Edmonton) will have 2, they think they'll get in both CVT and 6MT lol
    - T&T Honda 2 per year, already sold 2020 will be the next available
    - Calgary Honda 2/yr, 1 sold
    - Honda West 2/yr
    - Village Honda 2/yr

    Price is in the ballpark of 40k ish since it will be up against the Golf R and Focus RS while the secondary competitor the WRX STI

    Brochure will be able come January

    As for Si yes deposits are being accepted right now although there is NO WAIT LIST.

    I couldn't get more answers since I was only allowed to ask "2 questions"

    Side tracking, USA is slowly receiving their 5 door hatch. HondaPro Jason's instagram has pictures

  9. #349
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,863
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by automotivat3d
    I work for Honda
    As a salesman for a dealership? Or for corporate as somebody who would actually get information prior to the media?

  10. #350
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,935
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Originally posted by Mibz
    Or for corporate as somebody who would actually get information prior to the media?
    And if Corporate, tell your vanilla toast overlords that they've bored the living fuck out of anyone with a soul since the mid 2000's. This little stab at relevance doesn't really change that.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  11. #351
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,193
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    340HP to the front, love to see the review on this.

  12. #352
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,863
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema
    340HP to the front, love to see the review on this.
    This is one of the reasons I'm struggling to believe him.

    Three body styles and available CVT are the other two. They don't make business sense.

  13. #353
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,193
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Originally posted by Mibz
    This is one of the reasons I'm struggling to believe him.

    Three body styles and available CVT are the other two. They don't make business sense.
    Wait, 340HP to the front with CVT? What magic is this?

  14. #354
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Secret City, Alberta
    My Ride
    2018 Civic Si
    Posts
    504
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Sounds like by the time anyone can even purchase one of these (2020 WTF?) 340HP will not be very exciting anymore. The competition's next gens will be out or coming by then and once again Honda will be left at the back of the pack (Focus RS already has this beat). I hope I'm wrong.

  15. #355
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    8,193
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Originally posted by Swank
    Sounds like by the time anyone can even purchase one of these (2020 WTF?) 340HP will not be very exciting anymore. The competition's next gens will be out or coming by then and once again Honda will be left at the back of the pack (Focus RS already has this beat). I hope I'm wrong.
    I think we are approaching a limit anyway. But so far all hot hatches that is over 300hp send some power to the back. I just can't see how well it drives if it send all to the front.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-10-2016 at 10:02 AM.

  16. #356
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,935
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema
    I just can't see how well it drives if it send all to the front.
    Let's see......poor steering limits, poor traction down low (or lack of power down low to compensate), maybe a nice bit of hop if you can get "traction control" disabled?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  17. #357
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    2019 Genesis G70
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    All these years Honda fans have been waiting for Honda to make a good car, you know you could have just bought something else better? Focus ST, Golf GTI, Focus RS, Golf R, others... lol

    It is kind of sad like the die hard domestic fans back in the 80's and 90's when Japanese cars were way better but no one could admit it

  18. #358
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,674
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally posted by blownz
    All these years Honda fans have been waiting for Honda to make a good car, you know you could have just bought something else better? Focus ST, Golf GTI, Focus RS, Golf R, others... lol

    It is kind of sad like the die hard domestic fans back in the 80's and 90's when Japanese cars were way better but no one could admit it
    Honda fan boy thats me hahahhaha
    I went with a STI because I was waiting for so long hahaha

  19. #359
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edmonton
    My Ride
    2019 Genesis G70
    Posts
    938
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    haha, it is hard to watch, as I used to like them as well. Still make good cars, but I have moved on and I don't follow them much anymore. My first car was a 78 Camaro Z28 and at the time I loved it and wanted to be a chevy fan, but that was in the early 90's and lets face it, GM wasn't very good back then. I did own two more GM's later, but I have never been stuck on just one brand.

  20. #360
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    C-Town
    My Ride
    X3M Competition
    Posts
    7,007
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    I wouldn't buy a 340 HP FWD car on principal alone.

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LF: Mega Man ZX & Mega Man ZX Advent for DS

    By Despair* in forum Video Games / Consoles
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-04-2010, 03:32 PM
  2. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition

    By Kirbs17 in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 4144
    Latest Threads: 06-23-2007, 01:38 PM
  3. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: Info, Chat, Discussion

    By l8braker in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 6475
    Latest Threads: 08-29-2006, 02:44 PM
  4. Fs: **mega Misc. Thread!!!**

    By cycosis in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 08-21-2006, 09:47 PM
  5. The 2006 World Cup Soccer Mega Thread

    By RickDaTuner in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 492
    Latest Threads: 07-13-2006, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •