Quantcast
Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 23 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Type_M
    plus I'm hoping it's going to be leather and not some fabric/leather blend that they have right now
    For a car of this breed/heritage, I'd think alcantara or suede would be more suitable personally, but still it's Honda we're talking about here.

Security ETCH
    ...we all know security etching is as nonsense as the 'documentation fee'

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

The dash is ok, don’t mind the red accents.

The steering wheel and floor mats are bad. I wouldn’t be surprised if that steering wheel didn’t make it to production and could always swap solid black mats in.

Seats also aren't great

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by n1zm0

...we all know security etching is as nonsense as the 'documentation fee'
    When I bought my Civic used in 2005 they convinced me to get the security window etching and I never looked at it until I was taking a photo of it when selling my car 10 years later. I noticed they had etched it a second time so they sold me etching on a car that was already etched. Hilarious, way to go Silverhill Acura! Although we are talking about the same dealership that faxed through my financing application and when it didn't come back, the woman said, "Hmmmm, I think they're closed, they won't look at it until the morning. Oh well, it'll probably go through, here's your keys!"

I saw a Facebook post this morning that Honda will be looking to break the Nurburg Ring record with this car. I'm highly skeptical.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    Some Honda Dealership Test Drive Units

..we all know security etching is as nonsense as the 'documentation fee'
    If you see how Honda "etch" the security number you'll think otherwise lol. I was disappointed when I saw a client's vehicle getting etch'd

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Originally posted by Mar

I saw a Facebook post this morning that Honda will be looking to break the Nurburg Ring record with this car. I'm highly skeptical.
    I assume that would be for FWD, in which case it could. So good for Honda to finally in 2017 build a FWD car that is faster than a 10 year old Cobalt SS or VW Golf GTI or Focus ST... Maybe in 10 years they will finally come out with an AWD Civic to compete with the best of what is available today lol

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Mar
    When I bought my Civic used in 2005 they convinced me to get the security window etching and I never looked at it until I was taking a photo of it when selling my car 10 years later. I noticed they had etched it a second time so they sold me etching on a car that was already etched.
    It's not a scam in its basic functional purpose, as it is a unique # registered and tied to the VIN of the car or you can etch the VIN itself on the windows instead, providing one extra piece of evidence to hopefully return your stolen car. The scam imo however, is just how much the dealerships charge to apply it, $200-$500. When you can go buy a etch kit on Amazon for $20 and maybe an hour of your time max.

If you see how Honda "etch" the security number you'll think otherwise lol. I was disappointed when I saw a client's vehicle getting etch'd
    Oh I'm not sure about factory window etching, but the dealer applied stuff I know all about, I saw it happen everyday in the detail bay at the Honda subsidiary dealer I worked at for a good number of years, with the blue tags and the bingo dabber. It was usually done just after they installed that cathode marine based 'electronic rust protector'

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

It's not a scam in its basic functional purpose, as it is a unique # registered and tied to the VIN of the car or you can etch the VIN itself on the windows instead, providing one extra piece of evidence to hopefully return your stolen car. The scam imo however, is just how much the dealerships charge to apply it, $200-$500. When you can go buy a etch kit on Amazon for $20 and maybe an hour of your time max.
    It's a scam when the only requirement your vehicle has is to have a unique number etched into it in order to identify it upon theft. If there's already a number in the window, why put on a second one? You can already identify it by the first one.
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by Mar
    It's a scam when the only requirement your vehicle has is to have a unique number etched into it in order to identify it upon theft. If there's already a number in the window, why put on a second one? You can already identify it by the first one.
    In your particular case yes it definitely was for sure.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by blownz

I assume that would be for FWD, in which case it could. So good for Honda to finally in 2017 build a FWD car that is faster than a 10 year old Cobalt SS or VW Golf GTI or Focus ST... Maybe in 10 years they will finally come out with an AWD Civic to compete with the best of what is available today lol
    From what I've seen of Euro tests the previous CTR FWD is the best track car in the class. That includes the STI, Golf R and Focus RS. I'm assuming this new one should be even better. Cars like GTI and Focus ST aren't even close.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

^ is there a comparison test of the previous CTR vs the STI, Golf R, and Focus RS? I haven't seen one.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Aleks

From what I've seen of Euro tests the previous CTR FWD is the best track car in the class. That includes the STI, Golf R and Focus RS. I'm assuming this new one should be even better. Cars like GTI and Focus ST aren't even close.
    I would prefer a US magazine compare them for better accuracy. Some of those Euro tests you see on the internet with stop watches, etc aren't what I would refer to as benchmark tests. Those optional magnetorheological shocks required to get the top track times are very expensive and push the price of the car above the STI, Golf R, and Focus RS.

Regardless of the revoknuckle suspension there becomes a point where there's diminishing returns with more power and FWD. It's why Ford didn't even bother with FWD for the RS and ideally cars like the GTI, ST, MS3 is about as fast as you would want to make a FWD car before it starts losing its fun appeal. I've driven and owned enough FWD cars to know that spinning the front wheels simply isn't fun at all. The CTR is only really fun around a track and the truth is few of them will ever see the track.
    Last edited by heavyD; 10-04-2016 at 08:33 PM.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by blownz
    ^ is there a comparison test of the previous CTR vs the STI, Golf R, and Focus RS? I haven't seen one.
    They are mostly online reviews. Like this one where they say Civic is more exciting and fun vs Focus RS in good conditions.

Originally posted by heavyD

I would prefer a US magazine compare them for better accuracy. Some of those Euro tests you see on the internet with stop watches, etc aren't what I would refer to as benchmark tests. Those optional magnetorheological shocks required to get the top track times are very expensive and push the price of the car above the STI, Golf R, and Focus RS.

Regardless of the revoknuckle suspension there becomes a point where there's diminishing returns with more power and FWD. It's why Ford didn't even bother with FWD for the RS and ideally cars like the GTI, ST, MS3 is about as fast as you would want to make a FWD car before it starts losing its fun appeal. I've driven and owned enough FWD cars to know that spinning the front wheels simply isn't fun at all. The CTR is only really fun around a track and the truth is few of them will ever see the track.
    Guess we'll have to wait and see when they arrive here.

My Ride

Originally posted by Mar

In your particular case yes it definitely was for sure.
    LOL he got etched twice?

The dealer applied stuff I know all about, I saw it happen everyday in the detail bay at the Honda subsidiary dealer I worked at for a good number of years, with the blue tags and the bingo dabber.

Is there any dealer that actually "etch" a security number instead of using bingo dabbers?

To go back on topic slightly, did anyone here pre ordered the Type R? Or will some of you just wait until the vehicle will physically arrive in the showroom and decided from there?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Talked with Okotoks Honda the other day and no waiting list yet.

I’m not in a huge rush anyways and I’m certainly not putting money down till specifics are announced (power, cost, interior pics, etc). Further to that I need make some room for another car that I won’t drive and will just collect dust haha.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Also for all the people complaining its too busy I don’t necessary agree. Will be interesting to see the production R in a color other then black, think it’ll be or looked toned down a little bit.

More like the Sport hatchback with jacked up aero and a wing. Lines are pretty clean actually. And the tail light back window detail looks really cool on the red car below.

Those big honeycomb 'openings' on the rear bumper are pretty bad though.

/fanboy

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

LOL he got etched twice?
    [/B]
    One on the left, one on the right.

My Ride
    GT TDi

Originally posted by eglove
    I HATE the honeycomb plastic grill that's everywhere. Nasty
    lets start off by saying its not even honeycomb

if it were it would look much better
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

New Civic Si will debut at the LA auto show next month (Nov 18th-27th)

Probably have a tiny 1.5T 210hp engine. We will see.

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

I'm heading to SEMA in a couple of weeks, should be able to see and find out Honda has planned for the next year in better detail
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    New Civic Si will debut at the LA auto show next month (Nov 18th-27th)

Probably have a tiny 1.5T 210hp engine. We will see.
    Think they'll debut their 1.5T CRV as well?

Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast