Quantcast
Car auctions in Alberta? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car auctions in Alberta?

Default Car auctions in Alberta?

Besides the Regal Auctions in Calgary and MichenAllen in Edmonton, are there any other vehicle auctions out there that aren't salvaged (Copart)?

Seems the only deals these days are at these auctons.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Pretty sure adesa is dealer-only these days. I remember when they ran occasional public sales.

Anyway, Graham and Rolling have auctions. I don't expect any deals. The NE bros are everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Adesa if you are a dealer, Ritchie Bros.

No deals at these auctions. Only inflated risk on overpaying for something with more damage than you expect.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Blind bidding on Kijiji is less risky than public auctions honestly. At least these days.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

It seems a curious thread to start after a quick 14 years of silence.

Inflation brings desperation?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    No deals at these auctions. Only inflated risk on overpaying for something with more damage than you expect.
    This. The reserve prices tend to be somewhere around the asking price and the selling price of vehicles privately. Yet, auctions remain where dealers send their vehicles to get them the hell outta there. Gone are the days where you'd get a car for 20% cheaper at auction.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Inflation brings desperation?
    Seems risky
    It’s like taking that girl home and not having protection lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

More like buying a lottery ticket. You might get lucky, but more than likely it's just another piece of trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

This. The reserve prices tend to be somewhere around the asking price and the selling price of vehicles privately. Yet, auctions remain where dealers send their vehicles to get them the hell outta there. Gone are the days where you'd get a car for 20% cheaper at auction.
    Agreed. The reserve prices are too high, easier to find a deal on eBay motors.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I strongly suspect Regal exists only to screw first time auction goers over. Even junk seems to go higher than is reasonable almost as if people are in on the betting to drive things up and then the buyer fees lumped on top. Absolutely no reason to buy anything there for same price as marketplace and the carfax will now show its an auction car forever.

Prices are 50% cheaper if you look at completed auctions.

And you get arbitration so if you buy something with engine, transmission issues you get a refund.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster_hammand View Post
    Prices are 50% cheaper if you look at completed auctions.

And you get arbitration so if you buy something with engine, transmission issues you get a refund.
    Sounds like you are already an auction expert, so the rest of us much just be wrong. Please post the pics and prices of what you purchase.

I don't know about Regal, seems the Repo auctions there have high reserves which are close to FB Marketplace prices.

But if you look at MichenerAllen completed auction you can see that buying there some cars is 50% cheaper.

Last week there was a Mint Clean 2013 Toyota Sienna which sold for $6900, these are on Kijiji for $15K.
    There is a 2013 X5 on Kijiji right now selling for $15K and if you google the vin, he bought it at auction for only $7K.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You literally can't lose. Go buy a few.

Yes, let us know how that "arbitration" works out for you. Sounds like a bulletproof guarantee to me - your bought at auction car has a motor/trans/etc that grenades, you simply return it for a full refund of your purchase.

You find 3 people to post on here that this is precisely what happened to them, with a receipt, I'll buy your next car.

Arbitration policy from a local auction company (I imagine they are all very similar).

Notice the final clause, stipulating they can alter the rules at any time for any reason (sounds solid AF). Also the parts where you can only initiate arbitration if the car hasn't left the auction site (lol), and only within 3 days of full payment (more el oh els). The "word of warning" clause is good times as well.

The steps for arbitration are as follows:
    Step 1: Pay for the Vehicle. An arbitration claim will not be considered until the Buyer has paid
    for the Vehicle in full. The Buyer must have in his/her possession the sales agreement and
    release slip for the Vehicle under review. The Vehicle cannot leave the auction site if it is being
    arbitrated.
    Step 2: Contact the Company. The Buyer initiates arbitration by contacting the Company’s
    Branch Manager or by emailing [email protected]. The arbitration process must be
    commenced within three (3) business days of the sale day.
    Step 3: Investigation. The Company will review the issue raised. Depending on the nature of
    the complaint, the Company may inspect the Vehicle and present a solution. However, in certain
    circumstances, the Company may also refer the Vehicle to a specialty shop for consultation and
    appraisal. If a specialty shop is consulted, the party against whom the arbitration decision is
    made must pay all costs of the consultation including transportation or towing fees, if applicable.
    Step 4: Decision. After completing the investigation, the Company will decide whether the
    complaint was valid and inform the Buyer of his/her decision. The unsuccessful party will be
    responsible for all costs of the arbitration.
    Step 5: Remedy. The Company may grant any remedy or relief that it considers to be
    appropriate in the circumstances in its sole discretion.
    Step 6: Finality. The decision of the Company and the remedy imposed is final and binding on
    both parties. By choosing to initiate the arbitration process, the Buyer is agreeing to be bound
    by the Company’s decision. By consigning a Vehicle for a sale at auction with the Company, the
    Seller is agreeing to participate in any arbitration process that may be initiated, to be bound by
    the Company’s decision and to comply with any remedy imposed.
    Note: If a Seller or Buyer fails or refuses to comply with the decision of the Company, the Seller
    or Buyer will be held liable for all losses, costs and damages including legal fees and any losses
    on the resale of the Vehicle. In addition, the Seller or Buyer may have his/her auction privileges
    at all affiliated auction locations temporarily or permanently suspended at the discretion of the
    Company.
    Arbitration Release and Limitation of Liability.
    Customer releases and waives all rights, remedies, claims, and causes of action against the
    Company, and its present and former officers, directors and employees, and its successors,
    predecessors, subsidiaries, affiliates and assigns from any claim or remedy whatsoever,
    whether known or unknown, for or by reason of using the services and facilities of the Company
    including but not limited to the arbitration process.
    A WORD OF WARNING: The arbitration process is not a tool for price reduction or for dealing
    with “Buyer’s Remorse”. All Buyers are cautioned to avoid impulse buying and to inspect
    Vehicles thoroughly before bidding. Most Vehicles sold at auction have hidden damage and
    generally require extensive repair or are not capable of repair and Buyers should allow for this
    whenbidding. Arbitrations are regularly monitored by the Company. Any Sellers who engage in
    deceptive practices or Buyers who repeatedly submit questionable arbitration claims may have
    their auction privileges temporarily or permanently suspended.
    Auction Policies and Arbitration Rules
    IMPORTANT: The Company reserves the right to interpret and modify these Policies. These
    Policies are implied terms and conditions of every agreement, whether written, oral, express
    or implied that you enter into with the Company or its Customers.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 08-28-2023 at 06:35 PM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Yes, let us know how that "arbitration" works out for you. Sounds like a bulletproof guarantee to me - your bought at auction car has a motor/trans/etc that grenades, you simply return it for a full refund of your purchase.

You find 3 people to post on here that this is precisely what happened to them, with a receipt, I'll buy your next car.
    Arbitration is a joke, even at Adesa as a dealer.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You literally can't lose. Go buy a few.
    This is the way.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I strongly suspect Regal exists only to screw first time auction goers over.
    It's bad. I do check out their stuff fairly often, but it's so rare there are actually deals to be had. If something is cheap, it's because it's fucked in some way.

Formulaactions.com also has some Calgary inventory - though they tend to be higher end or niche vehicles there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast