Quantcast
Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 53 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1133

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

  1. #1041
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Honda E Toaster
    Posts
    1,836
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I might actually get one if they actually do the Phoenix Yellow and smaller wing.

    ctr1.jpg
    ctr2.jpg

    Source:

    https://www.motor1.com/photo/4056462...ule-spy-shots/
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

    1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

  2. #1042
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,647
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Looks way better without the obnoxious wing, though I suppose you could just change that on your own still. Would be nice if they came out with a more subdued version.

  3. #1043
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might actually get one if they actually do the Phoenix Yellow and smaller wing.


    Source:

    https://www.motor1.com/photo/4056462...ule-spy-shots/
    I want a yellow one soooo bad

  4. #1044
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Holy shit I think I might have to fulfill that fanboy dream!

  5. #1045
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy shit I think I might have to fulfill that fanboy dream!
    Do it!
    I've owned the car for 2.5 years now. That's long for me. And I have no plan to get rid of it. That's how much I love it.

  6. #1046
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Secret City, Alberta
    My Ride
    2018 Civic Si
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want a yellow one soooo bad
    Historically whenever you say you want a car you end up getting it within days, don't change on us now haha! I can't believe to date I've only seen one on the road, even Si's are a rare sight for me.

  7. #1047
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S2K
    Posts
    2,195
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Historically whenever you say you want a car you end up getting it within days, don't change on us now haha! I can't believe to date I've only seen one on the road, even Si's are a rare sight for me.
    That's interesting, I've seen a pile of these. There's two black ones, a red one and a white one that live somewhere close to me; see them regularly.

  8. #1048
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,647
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    I regularly see R's and Si's as well, they seem to be quite popular in Calgary. The Si in particular can be hard to pick out, so you've probably seen more than you realize. Look for the HDMI input on the back

  9. #1049
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Historically whenever you say you want a car you end up getting it within days, don't change on us now haha! I can't believe to date I've only seen one on the road, even Si's are a rare sight for me.
    LOL who knows if they do come out with one and I see it in stock its always a possibility hahahhahahha

  10. #1050
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Secret City, Alberta
    My Ride
    2018 Civic Si
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I regularly see R's and Si's as well, they seem to be quite popular in Calgary. The Si in particular can be hard to pick out, so you've probably seen more than you realize. Look for the HDMI input on the back
    I should be able to spot Si's easily given that I've had mine for almost a year now, now did you just dare to mock my high def exhaust???

  11. #1051
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,647
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I should be able to spot Si's easily given that I've had mine for almost a year now, now did you just dare to mock my high def exhaust???
    I actually like the design, I think it's funny. I saw a girl driving around in one with a "HDMI IN" bumper sticker right above it haha. If the Si sedan was out at the time I bought my hatch I would have probably bought one - it's actually about $1500 cheaper. The Si is very much a North American thing apparently, so I doubt it'll ever be in hatch form. A subdued looks version of the Type R would do just fine as well

  12. #1052
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    FXBB, R1M, 5.0, SLT
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ok, now I am sold! Phoenix Yellow

  13. #1053
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do it!
    I've owned the car for 2.5 years now. That's long for me. And I have no plan to get rid of it. That's how much I love it.
    Hit dealers July 14th 2017.

    Regardless, it’s a hell of a car and I just added one as a stable mate.

    The type R is the real deal, and the first time you do an honest, foot to the floor brake test with warm tires, you understand just what this thing was designed to do. Track work.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  14. #1054
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport
    Posts
    2,673
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hit dealers July 14th 2017.

    Regardless, it’s a hell of a car and I just added one as a stable mate.

    The type R is the real deal, and the first time you do an honest, foot to the floor brake test with warm tires, you understand just what this thing was designed to do. Track work.

    Lol my math sucks hahah your right
    I feel like I've owned it for a long time now haha.
    What color did you get?

  15. #1055
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol my math sucks hahah your right
    I feel like I've owned it for a long time now haha.
    What color did you get?
    I thought about red, but couldn’t pass up white.

    2018 model. I’m curious for the 2020 Nürburgring edition, hopefully it’ll have a bit more juice too.

    I’m debating getting the NSX wheels with Cup2 Rs and really butthurting some people at castrol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

    -H.P. Lovecraft

    Kim Kardashian Sex tape:
    Originally posted by hadookin
    nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

  16. #1056
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,647
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    For fun I was looking at Nurburgring times, I didn't know the CTR was so quick around it. It's faster than a Zonda S, 996 GT3 RS and R8 V10, as fast as a GT-R, and 0.8sec behind a 997 GT3. That is

    The only time I have ever driven one is on a track in the UK but it was an absolute blast, braking was ridiculous as mentioned.

  17. #1057
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,896
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For fun I was looking at Nurburgring times, I didn't know the CTR was so quick around it. It's faster than a Zonda S, 996 GT3 RS and R8 V10, as fast as a GT-R, and 0.8sec behind a 997 GT3. That is

    The only time I have ever driven one is on a track in the UK but it was an absolute blast, braking was ridiculous as mentioned.
    Looked at your comment, thinking how is that possible? Oh, 9 year old GTR, 10 year old R8, 12 year old GT3 on street tires, while CTR on track tires. Makes more sense with proper context.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  18. #1058
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2017 Civic Hatch ST
    Posts
    9,647
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looked at your comment, thinking how is that possible? Oh, 9 year old GTR, 10 year old R8, 12 year old GT3 on street tires, while CTR on track tires. Makes more sense with proper context.
    Yup, that's why I included the identifiers where I could - I missed the GTR year though you're right. Those cars are all still very impressive in their own right. Pretty crazy how far things have come IMHO. I would never have guessed a cheap FWD was in that company. Surprised the Zonda S wasn't faster - sure it's older but the specs are still pretty ridiculous (roughly the same weight but almost twice the power).
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-26-2019 at 10:44 AM.

  19. #1059
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,679
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Put modern tires on any of those cars, and they destroy the CTR.

  20. #1060
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    C63S + AT4
    Posts
    4,134
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Put modern tires on any of those cars, and they destroy the CTR.
    Truth.

    I mean if you like them, you do you and buy one. But you have to do a lot of cherry picking to make this thing out to be a supercar.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 43 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LF: Mega Man ZX & Mega Man ZX Advent for DS

    By Despair* in forum Video Games / Consoles
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-04-2010, 03:32 PM
  2. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: 2006-2007 Edition

    By Kirbs17 in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 4144
    Latest Threads: 06-23-2007, 01:38 PM
  3. Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: Info, Chat, Discussion

    By l8braker in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 6475
    Latest Threads: 08-29-2006, 02:44 PM
  4. Fs: **mega Misc. Thread!!!**

    By cycosis in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 08-21-2006, 09:47 PM
  5. The 2006 World Cup Soccer Mega Thread

    By RickDaTuner in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 492
    Latest Threads: 07-13-2006, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •