Quantcast
Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 29 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Darkane
    Well, that's hard to quantify. Yes you sort of called my bluff.

Now, that out of the way - the previous Type R had 105-106 mph trap speeds which is pretty damn strong straight line pull. The new version has lower final drive, 20% more downforce without sacrificing coefficient of drag, and a larger contact patch and 10 more bhp. Old version did 167mph, I 'can' see this one doing 170 (assuming the final drive will let it).

The GTi did what 7:47 at the ring? If this one does 7:42 I'd consider that decimating.

We'll find out. I'm a Honda fanboy and this car is exciting
    Wow! I'm jealous. Yes the type R looks juvenile as hell but aren't cars supposed to capture the eye? Certainly can't say it looks like a 2012 Si

I got an email from Honda Canada saying the Type R and Si are coming next year? I thought they were expected around July. They also show the Si as a 2-door coupe rather than in Hatch form. Is that all true or are they just re-circulating a super old email blast?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I got an email from Honda Canada saying the Type R and Si are coming next year? I thought they were expected around July. They also show the Si as a 2-door coupe rather than in Hatch form. Is that all true or are they just re-circulating a super old email blast?
    Sounds weird. Type R should be here by June and the Si by July. The Si will be coupe and sedan only.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Originally posted by Darkane

Sounds weird. Type R should be here by June and the Si by July. The Si will be coupe and sedan only.
    Yeah that's what I thought, though the newsletter date is March 11 and it's the Spring/Summer 2017 newsletter. Probably just recycling old info from Honda marketing.

My Ride
    AP1

I saw the Type R at the Calgary Auto Show yesterday. I'm surprised Honda brought it to the Calgary show considering it was revealed at Geneva not that long ago. We're usually exempt from these goodies, but I'm glad they brought it.

I like the styling compared to the 2015 Civic Type R. Definitely not a fan of the paint, but it certainly brings out the lines of the car as it rotates on the platform.

Last edited by EF9 Sedan; 03-18-2017 at 05:39 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by EF9 Sedan
    I saw the Type R at the Calgary Auto Show yesterday. I'm surprised Honda brought it to the Calgary show considering it was revealed at Geneva not that long ago. We're usually exempt from these goodies, but I'm glad they brought it.

I like the styling compared to the 2015 Civic Type R. Definitely not a fan of the paint, but it certainly brings out the lines of the car as it rotates on the platform.

The car here is the prototype. It's been out for months.

The Geneva revealed the EU version and our version is being revealed next month in NY.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Salesman at the auto show said $40K once it comes to Canada. Don't know how accurate that will be, though. If it comes with those seats though
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Originally posted by EF9 Sedan
    Was it paint, or was it a wrap? Looked off under the lighting.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Originally posted by beyond_ban

Was it paint, or was it a wrap? Looked off under the lighting.
    I think it was a wrap. They said they made it that color to show the lines of the car.

Anyone sit in the Civic hatchback sport? I wasnt very impressed. I hated the center console arm rest. It outlines the cup holders and isnt wide enough to support an elbow.... Deal breaker right there!

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Yeah the hard plastic door panel is not very pleasing. I would think that most compact economy cars can do better than that.

That brushed stainless steel look is kinda cool on the Type R. I like how proportional the rear brake caliper is to the wheel.

My Ride

Originally posted by Canmorite
    Salesman at the auto show said $40K once it comes to Canada. Don't know how accurate that will be, though. If it comes with those seats though
    I bet 42-43k as per Honda Canada's release.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Yea it was a wrap on the one at the show. I suspect the carbon skirts were also some kind of wrap job. What's the scoop on the parking brake? In some photo's I've seen it's the handle, and others it's the button instead. Are these different years/markets? The guy at the show was nice enough to jump up and take a pic of the interior for me, where it had the button.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Saw the car at the auto show.. it is probably the ugliest vehicle I have ever seen. Just a complete disaster from every angle... not that they had much to work with, considering the basic Civic is also stupendously grotesque.

If you are thinking about buying one, you need to seriously re-think your life

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by b_t
    Saw the car at the auto show.. it is probably the ugliest vehicle I have ever seen. Just a complete disaster from every angle... not that they had much to work with, considering the basic Civic is also stupendously grotesque.

There the type of b_t response we used to always get

My Ride
    Exploded.

How does the Type R accomplish the brushed steel look? Is that going to be an offering or just a wrap or something?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by b_t

Yep it's ugly as sin like if the Pontiac Aztec spawned a young child. However there's a lot of elder Honda fanboys that have been waiting their whole lives to own a CTR looks be damned they will want one.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by 88CRX

There the type of b_t response we used to always get
    hahah, looking at the Type R immediately after stuff like the Buick Avista, Lexus LC 500, DB11, and Ford GT really didn't do it any favors.

I would take a grown up car that doesn't look a 6 year olds scribble, like a Golf R, over the Type R 100 times out of 100. I'd rather pay to drive a Veloster than get a Type R for free.

Really sucks we finally got a Type R after so many years, and it's this abomination. It has been a long time since I saw a car so ugly it actually make me angry ... last time that happened was probably introduction of the BMW X6 almost 10 years ago

My Ride
    Exploded.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Ugliness aside it's a good thing Honda is finally bringing a performance car to North America and I expect this car will perform in line with AWD hot hatches like the STI, R, RS, etc. Hopefully they will in the future bring something that the adults that can actually afford it can buy one and not feel a little embarrassed getting out of it at work.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Well, at least this would be one of the rare times that the production model looks like the "prototype", whether for better or worse.

Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast