Quantcast
Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 52 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1456

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I jumped into a CTR at auto x couple months ago and was right up there in the results with no prior seat time other than the drive to the event.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

I did the civic sport hatchback to type r upgrade. It was totally worth it. You should do it! You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was lucky enough to do a bunch of laps in this car at the Knockhill Racing Circult and all I have to say is wow. I knew it would be good but I did not expect it to be that good. I could not tell it was FWD. Probably the most fun car I have ever driven, and I also drove a Ferrari F430 and Aston Martin Vantage the same day. It's moved to #1 on my WTB list, and it's so good that I don't care about how ridiculous I will look driving it haha. The auto rev-matching is also extremely slick, it works so fast and so perfectly. Those of you that have one already are very lucky

Quote Originally Posted by 4doorj View Post
    I did the civic sport hatchback to type r upgrade. It was totally worth it. You should do it! You won't regret it.
    When my lease is up I probably will unless there is something else out there that blows me away - maybe a MB A-Class hatch but they will probably be way more money with any options.

I also suspect the R holds it's resale WAY better than Honda says it will because the lease is not as good of a deal as I would have thought. $12K more than my car and double the lease payment...maybe I did something wrong in the calculator though.

My Ride
    06 S2000

When my lease is up I probably will unless there is something else out there that blows me away - maybe a MB A-Class hatch but they will probably be way more money with any options.

I also suspect the R holds it's resale WAY better than Honda says it will because the lease is not as good of a deal as I would have thought. $12K more than my car and double the lease payment...maybe I did something wrong in the calculator though.
    It's the lease rate, I suspect. It's killer on low-volume models. I'd love a Type R, but I can't make the numbers work. I was looking at the Si as well, since it also has the LSD, but it's not quite the same. Also, why doesn't Honda make an Si hatch? So they don't cannibalize sales?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

The A45 AMG (I think thats the model number) looks like a amazing car!

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    It's the lease rate, I suspect. It's killer on low-volume models. I'd love a Type R, but I can't make the numbers work. I was looking at the Si as well, since it also has the LSD, but it's not quite the same. Also, why doesn't Honda make an Si hatch? So they don't cannibalize sales?
    You're probably right - something seemed unusually high but I only looked very briefly.

I'd likely own an Si already if they made a Hatch. I also wish the Si was just a little more powerful, it barely has any more power than the Sport. Even if there was some sort of quazi type-R that would work for me.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Lease rate is 6% on the Type R vs 0.99% on the hatch for 4 years. That's $8,000 in interest alone on the R lease. Hatch has essentially 0 interest with the lease cash from Honda offsetting the $850 or so in interest over 4 years.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

The KTunerFlash V2 for the Si look pretty impressive, the quazi CTR may not be out of reach after all, except the hatchback requirement. I love my Si coupe, though power wise it doesn't feel 11 years better than my 8th gen Si. The extra torque is nice but top end is a snoozer (I miss 8K RPMs!). I'm just happy to finally have bluetooth and USB interfaces.

https://ktuner.com/17civicsi/

Dyno Testing 23PSI Basemap:
    Gains: 56wtq, 35-40whp midrange, 30whp peak to peak. There’s more left in the top end, but we’re staying conservative. Custom tuning can take it to the next level.
    Dyno Testing 23PSI Basemap with Flex Fuel Kit (E35):
    Gains: 75wtq, 60-65whp midrange, 65whp peak to peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    The KTunerFlash V2 for the Si look pretty impressive, the quazi CTR may not be out of reach after all, except the hatchback requirement. I love my Si coupe, though power wise it doesn't feel 11 years better than my 8th gen Si. The extra torque is nice but top end is a snoozer (I miss 8K RPMs!). I'm just happy to finally have bluetooth and USB interfaces.

https://ktuner.com/17civicsi/

Dyno Testing 23PSI Basemap:
    Gains: 56wtq, 35-40whp midrange, 30whp peak to peak. There’s more left in the top end, but we’re staying conservative. Custom tuning can take it to the next level.
    Dyno Testing 23PSI Basemap with Flex Fuel Kit (E35):
    Gains: 75wtq, 60-65whp midrange, 65whp peak to peak.
    As you mentioned, the problem then becomes no hatch because of USA's love for sedans and SUVs Also the sedan doors rattle, the hatch ones don't, which always bothered me haha.

The Hondata flash also adds a lot of HP to the Sport, and then you can keep the HB. Stock it already pretty much dyno's advertised HP at the wheels if I recall, and the flash apparently ads 35HP / 60TQ which is quite a lot, putting it well into the mid-200's. Because I lease though I don't think I can get away with a flash. It's still missing adjustable suspension though, it would be nice to be able to firm it up. And the rev-matched downshifts on the R are just so awesome.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Because I lease though I don't think I can get away with a flash.
    I feel the same about wanting to maintain max warranty coverage, so maybe in 6.5 years I'll treat myself to more power I really like the idea of the dual mode maps, it would be nice to feel a difference with the Sport button.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

There’s 2 things I do when I get into a CTR. First is to make sure auto rev match is turned off. Second is to put the suspension into comfort mode.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    There’s 2 things I do when I get into a CTR. First is to make sure auto rev match is turned off. Second is to put the suspension into comfort mode.
    This right here.

My Ride
    V8s

I know I said earlier in the thread that this car was a no-go for me without AWD or RWD... but as the months go by, I find myself wanting one more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    I feel the same about wanting to maintain max warranty coverage, so maybe in 6.5 years I'll treat myself to more power I really like the idea of the dual mode maps, it would be nice to feel a difference with the Sport button.
    There are 3, 6, and 9 PSI maps I believe (the lower ones are for the CVT but you can use it on the 6MT obviously) - it would be awesome to just flip between them depending on what you were doing.

If Honda released a toned-down CTR without all the plastic fanfare for a couple grand less I would be all over that as well.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I know I said earlier in the thread that this car was a no-go for me without AWD or RWD... but as the months go by, I find myself wanting one more and more.
    Me too. Reviewers are loving it. Even overheating on the track it got fourth in this years Best drivers car.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

I guess I can't really get away with making fun of the CTR's outrageous styling any more.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I guess I can't really get away with making fun of the CTR's outrageous styling any more.
    Actually when seeing more and more of them around, they are not bad .. when I first saw one (white) 1.5 yr ago .. I was .. WTF .. but now more and more on the road .. and I actually think they are cool!

Kind of like Sti, when I got my back to 2003 (first or second one to Calgary) my wife (girlfriend back then) refused to sit in because it was so ugly even I think it is cool ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Actually when seeing more and more of them around, they are not bad .. when I first saw one (white) 1.5 yr ago .. I was .. WTF .. but now more and more on the road .. and I actually think they are cool!

Kind of like Sti, when I got my back to 2003 (first or second one to Calgary) my wife (girlfriend back then) refused to sit in because it was so ugly even I think it is cool ..
    I meant because my DD is now a bright green fart machine with giants wings and flicks.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Me too. Reviewers are loving it. Even overheating on the track it got fourth in this years Best drivers car.
    It's pretty impressive for a $40k car to finish in fourth spot as the top 3 are all $300k+ exotics

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ Its still an overpowered grocery getter in the eyes of the exotic owners. All about brand.

Page 52 of 73 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast