Quantcast
Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I'd buy it - because Honda.

Maybe all the NA market CTR is a test bed for the engine. Let see how it maintains itself in a limited production platform and then put it in a baby NSX, or a new roadster.

Although Honda has been so vanilla since basically 2011, they've been talking a good game lately and the last CTR at least held the FWD ring record for like a month or two. Lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by automotivat3d

I have a meeting with a rep from Honda Canada tomorrow so I'll try and squeeze more information out for the CTR
    I'm not sure where you work, and i'm not sure where you get your info from.... sounds like BS to me, but what do i know...

Are you in BC right now?

My Ride
    W222 S550 LWB

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

I'm not sure where you work, and i'm not sure where you get your info from.... sounds like BS to me, but what do i know...

Are you in BC right now?
    Im in Calgary. The Honda Canada rep is from Calgary as well.

I'm a sales associate/advisor/consultant whatever you want to call it not corporate employee. I lowkey dislike working in corporate because of past experience.

The Si and CTR are not CVT they are 6MT. Take a look back at the previous gens why would Honda decided to keep CVT in all their civics now instead of having it in a manual transmission? Plus how shitty (pardon my language) would it be if they do turn out to be CVT. The EX-T and Touring aren't much fun to drive since they're not 6MT.

By the way guys this is the information they (both HondaPro Jason and Honda Canada) shared with me. There are some websites that might have the same info, more or less then again they did collect their information from another source. You can go to any of the 4 Honda dealers in Calgary and I am 99.99% sure that the sales person you will speak to won't know much information in regards to both cars.

Depending on the dealer, 1-3.
    - Alberta Honda (Edmonton) will have 2, they think they'll get in both CVT and 6MT lol
    - T&T Honda 2 per year, already sold 2020 will be the next available
    - Calgary Honda 2/yr, 1 sold
    - Honda West 2/yr
    - Village Honda 2/yr

Price is in the ballpark of 40k ish since it will be up against the Golf R and Focus RS while the secondary competitor the WRX STI
    I totally misread your CVT line here, haha.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I'm a sales associate/advisor/consultant whatever you want to call it not corporate employee. I lowkey dislike working in corporate because of past experience.

The Si and CTR are not CVT they are 6MT. Take a look back at the previous gens why would Honda decided to keep CVT in all their civics now instead of having it in a manual transmission? Plus how shitty (pardon my language) would it be if they do turn out to be CVT. The EX-T and Touring aren't much fun to drive since they're not 6MT.

By the way guys this is the information they (both HondaPro Jason and Honda Canada) shared with me. There are some websites that might have the same info, more or less then again they did collect their information from another source. You can go to any of the 4 Honda dealers in Calgary and I am 99.99% sure that the sales person you will speak to won't know much information in regards to both cars.
    Ok. I misread it Mibz as well.

Still 340 to the front tho, wonder if they have some sort of vectoring tech to keep torque steer down.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-11-2016 at 09:05 AM.

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

Hondapro Jason just posted a new video specifically saying the CTR will not have 340hp, but 305hp.

Automotivat3d do you know what size is the Civic Si motor going to be?

My Ride

dude stop with the BS, there are no info anywhere from Honda Canada but pure speculations. And all the Honda reps are in BC this week for their golf event.

My Ride
    W222 S550 LWB

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    Hondapro Jason just posted a new video specifically saying the CTR will not have 340hp, but 305hp.

Automotivat3d do you know what size is the Civic Si motor going to be?
    Yeah I saw it too.

Unfortunately I don't but according to Autonews they sort of leaked the Si engine, highlighted below:

ILX: A redesigned ILX, riding on the latest Honda Civic's modular platform, is expected in 2017 as a 2018 model. It's expected to use the Civic Si's 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine.

TLX: Look for this midsize sedan to be the next Acura model to pick up the new corporate face when a freshened version bows in late 2016 or the first half of 2017. When it does, there could be healthy powertrain upgrades behind the new grille: the 1.5-liter turbo four-cylinder from the Civic Sicould stand as the base engine, while the 2.0-liter turbo four could replace the V-6. A redesign is due in 2020.
    Now since they are the only one with this information I'm calling their bluff. Spoke to a couple of key people from SilverHill Acura, Northwest Acura, and Acura Canada (as well as my rep from Honda Canada) and so far they don't know anything about the ILX and TLX's new engine (Honda Canada doesn't know about the new Si engine as of yet) Hopefully that will help for now. I'm most certain that come mid February we (both dealers and customers) will have access to the Si brochure

My Ride
    W222 S550 LWB

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

dude stop with the BS, there are no info anywhere from Honda Canada but pure speculations. And all the Honda reps are in BC this week for their golf event.
    My Honda rep that visits my dealer frequently didn't go for the golf event plus yeah there is no info available on Honda Canada's website but do you have access internally? I know I do js.

My Ride

My Honda rep that visits my dealer frequently didn't go for the golf event plus yeah there is no info available on Honda Canada's website but do you have access internally? I know I do js.
    All I'm saying is, everything you have posted is just speculations and they are not from Honda Canada/Honda US. Unless you can tell me which bulletin you are reading this on?!

My Ride
    W222 S550 LWB

I am reading/retrieving the information from here except I can only access the website at work.

My Ride

well i have access to E-BIZ at home as well, can you tell me which bulletin you got all that info from?

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Didn't Ford have a FWD Focus RS500 with 345hp back in 2011?

I've seen the current get CTR comparos where it beats the Focus RS in dry conditions around a track. I'm sure the new one will be even better.

My Ride
    W222 S550 LWB

New CTR update can be found here as of September 5th.
    I believe the Paris Auto Show next month will have the full revealing

Nothing on the Si as of yet

My Ride
    Some Honda Dealership Test Drive Units

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

That is all

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I HATE the honeycomb plastic grill that's everywhere. Nasty

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by eglove
    I HATE the honeycomb plastic grill that's everywhere. Nasty
    No kidding. Does Honda own a honeycomb plastic grille company that they are trying to utilize? I think this car will look better in person but this styling is going to make it strictly a 35 and under car. As demonstrated at NASIOC the lines are eerily similar to a GR STI. Honda late to the party again.
    Last edited by heavyD; 09-29-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast