Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 62 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1456

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hard to explain how easy they are to drive at 10/10ths.
    Wouldn't that make it kinda boring? That's why I got bored of the R35 GTR, just too easy to drive. It was also one of the reasons I got rid of the RC-F, just didn't challenge me as a driver and way too predictable.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

It’s an amazing car and very track capable, but man some of you guys are still living the Honda 90s glory. F40, F430, C63S A look at the lightning lap, and it’s (2018 type R) got the exact same time as a focus RS (2016)...

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Waaaay different than R35. Its easy to drive in that the clutch, gear shifts and steering all work well together and you can drive the car better. AWD in R35 does it all for you while you steer, much like most of cars these days.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Wouldn't that make it kinda boring? That's why I got bored of the R35 GTR, just too easy to drive. It was also one of the reasons I got rid of the RC-F, just didn't challenge me as a driver and way too predictable.
    This is how I feel about the CTR. Overall I found it pretty boring, kind of like driving a video game car. It does whatever you ask as well as it can and doesn’t involve the driver inputs much to make the car behave as the driver requests it.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Not to me, I'm not a race car driver and Calgary doesn't even have a track anymore. I just like to have fun, so if it's easy for me to feel like a pro when I'm having some fun on a weekend drive, that's a win in my books. I think I've read every review and watched pretty much all YouTube has to offer on it - I don't remember anyone saying it was boring, so I can understand why some people would but I think for the majority of people it comes off as an extremely fun car. Of course you can get something that you can power slide around every corner and that would be awesome, but where can you drive like that around here with any regularity? The biggest challenge I have as a driver is avoiding Calgary's potholes on my way to work haha. If I can have some fun on the way, great.

Out of curiosity what did you replace the RC-F with?
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-09-2020 at 10:37 PM.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

The LE is cool but I don't think I'd want to daily drive it with everything they've removed: sound deadening, infotainment, and A/C among other things.

The NA verison of the LE comes with infotainment and A/C.

Do you guys who own them have any regrets at all? Would you buy it again as a DD?
    Still have mine, no regrets as it is a great all-around car for me. I do find it a little boring however. Would I buy it again? Not really since the whole reason why I bought it was to have a car that was capable on the track and at the same time I could use it as a family hauler for the kid and dog. Turns out that we usually take the wife's CX-9 for trips with the kid/dog and its usually just me in the CTR. If I had to do it again, i'd buy a compromised 2 seater since it would probably be more fun.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Out of curiosity what did you replace the RC-F with?
    Nothing. I don’t have a dedicated summer car anymore. Well I guess the Miata is one, but that wasn’t planned at all.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Going back to the colour, i feel like that blue is more reminiscent of the Focus RS and the PY is distinctly Type-R. Both nice colours in their own regard, but PY or championship white will always be my favourite Honda colours.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    It’s an amazing car and very track capable, but man some of you guys are still living the Honda 90s glory. F40, F430, C63S A look at the lightning lap, and it’s (2018 type R) got the exact same time as a focus RS (2016)...
    It's a track capable car with an asterisk as on short tracks devoid of long straight sections it's useless;

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-maintenance/

However, in the low- to mid-80-degree temperatures at GingerMan, the Type R's engine temperature gauge quickly shot into the danger zone—and we could feel it noticeably lose power—while running a single hot lap with multiple cool-down runs in between. The car also flashed a check-engine light and went into limp mode, logging a P0087 fault code for low fuel-rail pressure. We suspect that bit came about because the fuel tank was getting low, and after clearing the code all was well again.
    We couldn't help but notice the Volkswagen Golf R and Ford Focus RS that were also at this track day weren't having the problems we were.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    It's a track capable car with an asterisk as on short tracks devoid of long straight sections it's useless;

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-maintenance/
    Cooling was improved for MY2020 via larger front vents - I haven't seen it tested for that yet though.

I was in a MY2017 that was being tracked on a very short track (about 1/3 the size of C&D Lightning Lap) for literally the entire day and engine temp was never an issue, ambient was about 77F (25C) so I am not sure what difference that may have made.

Looks like the Focus RS also has people reporting overheating issues:

https://dailytoge.wordpress.com/2016...o-overheating/
    Unfortunately the summer heat has revealed a few chinks in the RS armor. Owners have reported that the rear-drive unit shut off is a real issue. Some owners have reported the RDU overheats and then shuts down after a few hard laps, requiring a cool down. When a manufacturer says that a car can handle 30 minutes of track time, you expect there to be some margin there. Most of all you don’t expect the parts of vehicle’s drivetrain to cease operation to prevent catastrophic failure.
    ...owners are also noticing that oil temperature gets uncomfortably high during track days. The aftermarket is rapidly deploying solutions to address these concerns, but the onus is on Ford to fix this in model year 2017 and beyond. There is a poll on FocusRS.org that shows a pretty even split between owners who have experienced these issues and those who have not. It is a small sample size, but the poll and impressions above make it clear that there needs to be some development on the cooling front.
    Apparently Ford said the RS was designed to handle only 30 min of track driving or drifting.

Golf R forums have people experiencing overheats on the track as well.

Seems like all of these similar cars have a bit of an asterisk if you're going to track it in extremely hot temperatures which isn't too surprising given that they are regular cars first and performance cars second. Thankfully we don't have to worry about that too much in Calgary haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    Going back to the colour, i feel like that blue is more reminiscent of the Focus RS and the PY is distinctly Type-R. Both nice colours in their own regard, but PY or championship white will always be my favourite Honda colours.
    The Blue really reminds me of Audi's Nagaro Blue for some reason.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-10-2020 at 11:13 AM.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I mean my C5Z gets dangerously hot on track in a 20 min session and that’s with large aftermarket coolers. Very very few stock cars can take a 20-30 min session on the track being driven hard.

The brakes seem to be far more of an issue on the CTR locally than the cooling system.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I mean my C5Z gets dangerously hot on track in a 20 min session and that’s with large aftermarket coolers. Very very few stock cars can take a 20-30 min session on the track being driven hard.

The brakes seem to be far more of an issue on the CTR locally than the cooling system.

Brakes are new for MY2020 as well, the fronts are now a 2-piece design with aluminium and a new pad type. Not sure what issues they were having in Calgary, but perhaps that will help.

Small sample size (well, same as C&D I guess), but the CTR I drove was a MY2017 and it was running for 6+ hours in ~25C weather on a much smaller track being driven by both professional instructors and students, and it didn't experience any issues with brakes or engine temp.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-10-2020 at 01:38 PM.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post

IMHO its a bit of both.

I havent had issues with either but I generally try not to use 2nd gear for that reason. As for the brakes, the rotors tend to warp pretty easily and the crossed drilled rotors tend to fill up with pad material. The new 2020 rotors that are the solidi 2 piece should fix that issue... I know people who have switched to girodiscs (2 piece slotted) havent had any issues since.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

I hear LE CTR is over $55k it’d???

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Spun a few laps in a CTR in Castrol. Pretty easy car to drive consistently, really bad lag in between shifts. Not much steering feel and feedback imo. It’s pretty benign to drive.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
    + Freight, PDI, fee etc and tax, will be well over $60K.

It doesn't matter, all pre-sold ..

"Normal" CTR is not $48K+fee etc + tax well over $50K now, and only White and Dark Grey. (Dark grey should be nice! )
    Last edited by C4S; 09-26-2020 at 04:58 PM.
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    15,000 red line

That’s just stupid price. Can’t see it in my head as more than $35k car used when Focus RS is right there!

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Where did you hear this?
    Have they released an MSRP for this?
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

$54600 plus tax and fees. Honda salesman who sold my friend an Si last week showed me.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

That’s just stupid price. Can’t see it in my head as more than $35k car used when Focus RS is right there!
    How do you feel about a $65k USD Subaru STI S209?

All these car companies like to cash in on the limited edition cars and charge huge premiums for them. And it works, so why not.

Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 52 61 62 63 72 ... LastLast