Quantcast
Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Civic Type-R Turbo Mega Thread

smoken

My Ride
    Beyond Fit Golf R and Berta RAM 1500

For some reason I cant find anything on the Japanese version of the new Civic Type R.... Was this car designed for Europe only? Kind of odd.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Pretty sure the hatchback body style is Europe only.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

10th gen civic to be turbo. Confirmed!

@Honda R&D chief Yamamoto (R) says next #Civic gets I4 downsized #turbo as base engine.
    https://twitter.com/hansgreimel/stat...339713/photo/1

If by "downsize" he means 1.5L. This could mean the 1.5L will be in the base civic. Perhaps the 2.0L for the SI??? We will see....
    Last edited by Redlined_8000; 03-08-2015 at 09:41 PM.

My Ride

Also here is the new K20C1 - VTEC Turbo.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Redlined_8000
    10th gen civic to be turbo. Confirmed!

https://twitter.com/hansgreimel/stat...339713/photo/1

If by "downsize" he means 1.5L. This could mean the 1.5L will be in the base civic. Perhaps the 2.0L for the SI??? We will see....
    Originally posted by Aleks

Turbo Civic(s) are coming later this year. Pretty sure there will be a 1.5T and 2.0T. To me those pics still look like sedan with a giant spoiler.

Timing may be off, probably next year sometime instead?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Earth Dreams eh? I guess the "ECO" term has been overused with ECOBOOST and ECOTEC.

Not the first time they've used it. It predates Ecoboost, but not Ecotec.

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Also here is the new K20C1 - VTEC Turbo.

They're gonna sell a metric shit ton of those motors.
    93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride

Originally posted by heavyD
    Earth Dreams eh? I guess the "ECO" term has been overused with ECOBOOST and ECOTEC.
    What I find funny is that this engine labeled earth dreams, produces the most power AND torque out of any production engine honda ever built. (Except new NSX) Lol. 295tq.
    Earth dreams for the win I suppose.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

What I find funny is that this engine labeled earth dreams, produces the most power AND torque out of any production engine honda ever built. (Except new NSX) Lol. 295tq.
    Earth dreams for the win I suppose.
    It ties the new J35 In the RLX. Both 310hp, but most torque. Combined the RLX hybrid wins still until the NSX is out.

Honda designed the new RLX engine with vtec on both intake and exhaust cams. It was going to be the base for the new NSX with electric assist from the previous concept. Good J35 honda made, would be sweet for hondata to crack the ecu and swap the engine into .... Rusty EG civics
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...uk-to-america/

As you probably know, Honda has built cars in the UK for a long time. Currently, the European Civic is built at the Swindon factory, but Honda sales in Europe have crashed. The factory can crank out 250,000 cars a year, the Nikkei reports, but output has been reduced to about 100,000 vehicles due to lack of demand.

That's a bummer for Honda's European operations, but it's probably great news for North Americans. To prop up its British manufacturing business, Honda will import Civic hatchbacks (five-door models) to North America starting in 2016. That almost certainly includes the Civic Type R we just saw unveiled in Geneva—the 305-hp, turbocharged, flared, be-winged monster that Honda claims can slaughter the Nordschleife in 7:50.63.

That's a mere 10 seconds behind the mid-engined, rear-wheel drive Porsche Cayman GT4's claimed time, and 30 seconds behind the 911 GT3. That madness, in America? Honda, if this pans out, it may just make up for leaving enthusiasts wandering in the desert since the S2000 died out.

Here's the thing, though. Honda wants to import something like 30-40,000 units a year. That's big (read: impossible) volume for a hyper-niche car like the Civic Type R. As a result, look for mainstream models like the UK's Civic Sport to account for most of the cars.

What follows is speculation, but intriguing speculation: why not use the opportunity to introduce a five-door Civic Si, too?

There's precedent for this. The seventh generation Civic Si, chassis code EP3, was birthed in Swindon and sold in the U.S. and Canada. It was a three-door, but the times were different then. Five-door hatches are rapidly supplanting three-door offerings in North America. And the EP3 body style was never offered in a non-Si trim over here.

If Honda follows precedent, it could mean that a line of performance-oriented, five-door hatchbacks will be headed across the Atlantic soon. At worst, we'll get the mainstream Civic Sport hatchback (pictured at the top of the page), hopefully the Type R, and ideally a new Si out of the deal.

Either way, this is probably good news for American Honda enthusiasts.
    heloc that shit

My Ride

^^Interesting.....

To be honest this one doesn't look half bad.

My Ride
    VAG

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/16/2...next-gen-cr-z/

Gonna be interesting to see if they actually bring the Type-R over or up the ante with the second generation CRZ

Salt shakers at the ready, boys and girls. There's a rumor out of Australia claiming the next Honda CR-Z will be based on the forthcoming 276-horsepower, turbocharged Civic Type R. Apparently Honda's research and development bigwigs have been unnerved by the reception of the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ twins and are eager to return fire. Now, don't get too excited - Honda isn't following the Volkswagen model of offering virtually unchanged mechanicals in a different bodyshell (Beetle Turbo and GTI, for example). Instead, the report says the future CR-Z will retain its hybrid powertrain, albeit with a serious kick in the pants. A prototype is said to already be zipping around Japan with a turbocharged, direct-injected, 1.5-liter, four-cylinder engine and the current CR-Z's electric motor and battery pack. With a reported 221 horsepower mated up to a seven-speed, dual-clutch transmission (say buh-bye to the CVT and six-speed manual) and the next-gen Civic platform underneath, the rumored CR-Z has all the makings of a hot hatch riot. Of course, this all sounds wonderful. This is also the point where you should be enjoying that salt. We really like the idea of a properly hot CR-Z that can compete with John Cooper Works Mini models and the new Ford Fiesta ST, but the three-door hybrid has been such a slow seller for Honda in the US that it might not field a second generation here, no matter how improved it might be. Let us know what you think of an amped-up CR-Z in the comments. Is it a good idea, or is this one Honda model that's just too far gone? Featured Gallery2015 Honda Civic Type R testing

My Ride
    DA6, R59

from the look of the back of that thing, it looks like it would sell as well as the CrossTour...

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Dammit. Now I'm going to own a NEW civic hatch. Thought I wouldn't see the day. Hopefully hasport makes a swap kit for a b16 lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Trinzler
    http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/16/2...next-gen-cr-z/

Gonna be interesting to see if they actually bring the Type-R over or up the ante with the second generation CRZ

Problem with the CRZ is the price. It's already too expensive in it's balls slow current form.

Rest assured Honda will mess this up for North America.
    Last edited by LOLzilla; 03-18-2015 at 04:32 PM.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by LOLzilla
    Rest assured Honda will mess up this up North America.
    I don't think they will. They have very competitive (top 1 or 2)vehicles in all segments now except trucks, which is getting redesigned.

None of those products really have car enthusiasts as a focus though. The Honda Type-R will be competing against the STi, second generation of Ecoboost Fords, Golf R. Honda hasn't played this game in a couple generations now. Do we even have confirmation that the Type-R is coming to NA?

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast