Quantcast
Review: Caille on the Bow - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Caille on the Bow

Default Caille on the Bow

Worst fine dining restaurant that I've ever been to in my life. I'm boycotting that place for the rest of my life and I refuse to ever go there again.
    I went there last when I was 16 years old. I guess when you're that young they assume you have no money and therefore can't afford anything. Had horrible horrible service where the server left us alone for nearly the entire time, coming only to take our orders, bring us drinks/food, bill. Never inquiring about the food. And everything took forever.
    All that stood out in my head was $18 shrimp appetizer dish. Three prawns on a skewer with no taste because it looked like it had been put on a grill and left there (there were grill marks). It was served lukewarm. Anyways, wasn't too impressed, bill came to $75. Only had five $20 bills. Was going to leave $90 (being OVERLY generous as the service was atrocious and the food disappointing) so therefore required one of the $20 bills to be broken. Asked the waitress for change after she left us alone for half an hour (had to hunt her down - and there were only two tables in the entire lower area... she was busy w/ the table of 'older' people) - she said she had no change (what kind of bullshit is that??). So I walked to the bartender and I asked her for change and she actually held her hand out and said "pshhh" like "talk to the hand". I was soo furious over that that I took the $20 back (left $80 - still being overly generous but considering how we were never getting change no point in waiting around) and stormed out of there. Never been so disrespected in my life at a restaurant.
    Service 0/5
    Food 1/5
    Ambience 1/5 (ya... contemporary mixed w/ old style wooden lodge)

Oohh, and another thing that pissed me off about the restaurant was the treatment they gave me compared with the 'older people'. They would come out and offer valet services to old people driving such cars as Hondas. But they wouldn't come out to valet park the Lexus I was in. When we asked them to valet it, they said there was no space left. Found one around the corner - in between two valet parked cars from Caille on the Bow (they had the little yellow tags in the windshield).
    Should have taken the treatment into consideration and not even entered the restaurant to waste time and money.

My Ride
    98 gsr

Went there last Valentine dont have any problem but n e way my first choice is CHAUMIERE La

or DA GUIDO RISTORANTE

GASTON'S RISTORANTE

I would have left $60, fuck them, and fuck the stupid waitress who, after that treatment, DESERVED to pay out of her pocket. La Caille is such crap and is frankly NOT a fine dining restaurant anymore. They should put up the Golden Arches in front of it and put in a drive thru.

Da Guido's is fantastic, Guido is a friend of mine and his food and service is second to none. If you are with a big group and are hungry, ask the server to have guido take care of the ordering

hmm i used to know the family that owned Le Caille.. i guess management changed now... dam

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    I would have left $60, fuck them, and fuck the stupid waitress who, after that treatment, DESERVED to pay out of her pocket. La Caille is such crap and is frankly NOT a fine dining restaurant anymore. They should put up the Golden Arches in front of it and put in a drive thru.

Da Guido's is fantastic, Guido is a friend of mine and his food and service is second to none. If you are with a big group and are hungry, ask the server to have guido take care of the ordering
    I've been meaning to try Guido but still haven't gotten around it it yet! do a quick rating??

Ouch.

That kinda hurts considering I used to cook there two years ago.

There is only one family that owns it. The owners name is Peter and he owns the condos attached to the restaurant, as well as FOUR other restaurants in town.

Do you remeber what the waitresses name was?

Originally posted by koopkoop2
    Ouch.

That kinda hurts considering I used to cook there two years ago.

There is only one family that owns it. The owners name is Peter and he owns the condos attached to the restaurant, as well as FOUR other restaurants in town.

Do you remeber what the waitresses name was?
    I was there 2 or 3 years ago. She worked on the main floor - a slim blonde lady with long wavy hair. The girls behind the bar was an attractive brunette girl. The blonde looked in her 30s-40s, and the brunette was probably 20 something...

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I will never Dine at La Caille.

I had a horrendous experience there a couple years ago. Went back and it was even worse!

Travel

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by ZorroAMG

I've always wanted to dine there, I've heard from so many people that they rule!
    Travel

Originally posted by Ben
    I will never Dine at La Caille.

I had a horrendous experience there a couple years ago. Went back and it was even worse!

just curious, what happened to u there?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

just curious, what happened to u there?
    Ah, you had to ask, haha

This was a few years ago

I took my Girlfriend at the time there for her Birthday. It was a Friday evening, 7pm.

My mom recommended it because she had won a big lunch dealie a while back off Lite96. She had a great time.

I called a few days before and asked for reservations, they said they didn't take reservations on Fridays and Saturdays, but to come down around 6:30 if you want a table for 7 just to be safe. Place wasn't very busy at all, and We were seated at 6:45. We waited till shortly after 7 to have our waitress visit our table and fill the water glasses and take our drink order. Unacceptable in the least but that's fine, we had lots to talk about. After waiting another 10 minutes for our drinks, she came back with my Coke and nothing for my gf. She ex-plained that they were out of Iced Tea, and that she would have to choose something else. Meanwhile the table beside us just got their Iced Teas delivered. When I questioned how they got theirs, she explained that those were Long Island Iced teas and not the same. I told her to bring her a Virgin Long Island Iced tea then, and she explained that was not on the menu.

Her Diet Coke came 10 minutes later.

This angered us, we were feeling the condecending tone that she could have with us because we were young.

I ordered a pasta dish that came cold and the noodles were undercooked. My gf got her Chicken Caesar salad, with wilted leaves and like 2 cubes of chicken. I would have complained had the waitress came back, but she avoided us whenever possible, for another 30 minutes. After about 15 minutes we decided we might as well eat because we're being ignored. This pissed me off. Our drinks were long empty, the food was insulting. She finally returned with refills on our drinks outta nowhere, we were long finshed our dinner however. She then spilled the diet coke when she set it down on a spoon and it went all over my girlfriend. No "I'm sooooo Sorry", no "OMG my appologies" just "Fuck, lets get that cleaned up!"

After another 20 minutes of me sitting alone at a soaked and miserable table, my gf returned, stained and embarassed. The waitress came with the bill, everything full price! I immediatly got up and tore a strip off her about not checking up on us, about how the food was terrible, and that we're insulted you have the nerve to charge us after spilling a pint of Coke on my partner and not even appologizing!

She then had the nerve to say to me after all of that:

"The food couldn't have been that bad if you finished it, and I'm sorry about the spill, but you were already done your meal so I cannot discount it."

I said "Is this a joke? Where's the candid video camera?! You've got to be trying out for the most terrible waitress job in the world or something. "

I grabbed my gf's jacket and we both left immediatly after, I never paid a dime and didn't even wait for a reply. Great way to spend your birthday
    Travel

whoa... that is pretty bad... I was just too furious to say anything so just left....
    was it the same lady I had? some scrawny blonde haired old hag?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

nah, this broad was probably in her mid 20's with dark hair. I hope she gets what's coming to her.
    Travel

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

there are much better places to spend your money and enjoy it, I went to La Caille a couple times this last summer (invited both times) and wasn't impressed. Hy's, Caesars, Teatro, Belvedere are top joints

Originally posted by Ben
    nah, this broad was probably in her mid 20's with dark hair. I hope she gets what's coming to her.
    I'm hoping that this was the second time when you returned that you were talking about. Because if you went back after that, I can't imagine how much worse it can be.

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

yea La Caille WAS pretty good before not its just not worth the $$$$
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

I went there last September for my gf's b-day, I felt very out of place, like I was eating in a funeral home Bill was $100 after tip. Never going there again.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are my fricken hero after reading that post. I was so sick and tired of reading posts saying "I was going to say something but..."

Nice work man, I can't believe you walked out without paying.

I think I might give that place a shot, and if I recieve the same kind of service everybody else is then I'll walk out too.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

actually La Caille has a pretty good deal going on for downtown dining week.

Soup/Salad
    NY Steak with lobster tail or 2 tails
    dessert

$30

That's pretty damn cheap seeing as how I don't usually leave that restaurant with a bill under $100.

Regardless, i'm not defending them nor am I complimenting them. I find service to always be subjective to the customer just as much as it is to the waiter/waitress serving.

I just thought I'd post this up as there are quite a lot of really good deals to be had in the city during downtown dining week. Keep in mind this is in relation to the regular prices that these restaurants charge.

here is a list of restaurants for you guys however the menu choices are not listed.

http://www.downtowncalgary.com/events/diningWeek.php
    Last edited by bksze; 03-07-2004 at 04:21 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast