Quantcast
Provincial Employee wage freeze - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Provincial Employee wage freeze

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Default Provincial Employee wage freeze

Looks like it's happening... Got this notice from my union today.

AUPE expects Bill 46 to freeze wages for Provincial Employees

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Default Re: Provincial Employee wage freeze

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
    Looks like it's happening... Got this notice from my union today.

AUPE expects Bill 46 to freeze wages for Provincial Employees
    I feel for yah! It's too bad Redford is driving this province into the ground.

Albertans seemed to ask for it in the last election tho.

Come join the private sector!

My Ride
    Blue boy

Yep we got our notice too from HSAA

GOOD! Governments employees are overcompensated for what little they do. Everyone I know who works for the government will admit they don't want to go to the private sector because it would mean way more effort at the job.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

No offense to anyone working there but, good news. It's a step in the right direction that other provinces should follow suit on. While it may not be true of every sector, it is true of most - overpaid and underworked.

Don't be mad at the current government, blame your Union predecessors who bargained such ridiculous wages.

I worked in provincial government for 12 years, about 6 longer than I should have, and the only thing that kept me there was the ridiculous amount of time off, ridiculous benefits coverage and ample pay for doing next to nothing. It was awesome. And completely unfulfilling. When I left, I took a massive paycut in the private sector, worked my ass off for two years or so to get back to where I had been and have now left that far behind.

Government is overpaid, inefficient and wasteful and it's entirely the Union's fault.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

They should introduce a bill to cut their wages and force them to get a real job that actually has value in the market instead of monopoly criminal organizations sucking the tit of state power.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

It is known that public sector can't compete with private sector in term of financial gain. They can only compete via benefits. Had everyone jumped from public sector to private sector, who suffers ultimately?

P.s. *edit* Union are bunch of blood suckers, that wants nothing but your money.

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

No offense to anyone working there but, good news. It's a step in the right direction that other provinces should follow suit on. While it may not be true of every sector, it is true of most - overpaid and underworked.

Don't be mad at the current government, blame your Union predecessors who bargained such ridiculous wages.

I worked in provincial government for 12 years, about 6 longer than I should have, and the only thing that kept me there was the ridiculous amount of time off, ridiculous benefits coverage and ample pay for doing next to nothing. It was awesome. And completely unfulfilling. When I left, I took a massive paycut in the private sector, worked my ass off for two years or so to get back to where I had been and have now left that far behind.

Government is overpaid, inefficient and wasteful and it's entirely the Union's fault.
    What line of work are you in, if you don't mind me asking. ? Oil and gas?

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by Type_S1
    GOOD! Governments employees are overcompensated for what little they do. Everyone I know who works for the government will admit they don't want to go to the private sector because it would mean way more effort at the job.
    How many times have you been pissed on, puked on, got into fights, picked someone up out of their own filth/puke/shit, had someone shit in a company vehicle on your job?

I'm not complaining. I love my job. Just curious as to where I'm being "overcompensated" for $50,000 a year.

How many times have you been pissed on, puked on, got into fights, picked someone up out of their own filth/puke/shit, had someone shit in a company vehicle on your job?

I'm not complaining. I love my job. Just curious as to where I'm being "overcompensated" for $50,000 a year.
    How dare you want to help people!

Seriously tho, for some of the provincial employees i get while some people are bitching, but yeah people in your line of work, you're already severely underpaid, im sure this doesnt help any
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Print more money. Vote for me?
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
    What line of work are you in, if you don't mind me asking. ? Oil and gas?
    Nope.

Edit..... for now.

Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 11-27-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    is wild

Sounds like you dont have any kids...

What I tell people that I hire to work for me. If you dont like what you are getting paid then go find another job. Dont complain about your pay or worry about what others make. Its the quick road to the shit projects if they do.

Unions need to go away, I had a friend that loads bags for Air Canada cant even talk to him anymore as its nothing but complaining about what isnt given to them. I swear if they paid them to stay home they'd still bitch about it.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    2010 G37x

What we do need is a sunshine list like Ontario. It'll be an interesting read.

i agree that unions generally do more harm than good, and that many government employees are overcompensated and encouraged to be lazy through the backwards reward system that they work in. however, some of you people are pretty ridiculous with your blanket statements saying that every government employee is overcompensated, and that none of them work hard. There are nurses, EMTs, and even janitors that work harder than you ever have.

My Ride
    TDi

Originally posted by timdog
    i agree that unions generally do more harm than good, and that many government employees are overcompensated and encouraged to be lazy through the backwards reward system that they work in. however, some of you people are pretty ridiculous with your blanket statements saying that every government employee is overcompensated, and that none of them work hard. There are nurses, EMTs, and even janitors that work harder than you ever have.
    Truth. Maybe not all union employees work their asses off but many of them do.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

who bargained such ridiculous wages.
    You honestly know so little about what you are talking about it's humorous.

Originally posted by m10-power

What I tell people that I hire to work for me. If you dont like what you are getting paid then go find another job. Dont complain about your pay or worry about what others make. Its the quick road to the shit projects if they do.

Unions need to go away
    First of all, this isn't union, just that the unions got word before the government squeaked it out. This affects ALL provincial government employees in some way.

As for the people that "work for you", I've worked many jobs in many sectors. What I refuse to participate in is someone's bullshit race to the bottom scheme that the USA is now suffering through because of the destruction of the middle class.

The fact is, 95% of Beyonder's have no idea who or what makes up provincial government employees, and lots of them are not unionized.

I've tried to find these amazing mythical paying jobs that the government doles out. It is NOT a thing, especially in Alberta (the government hates its employees).

My Ride
    1998 BMW 328i

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

First of all, this isn't union, just that the unions got word before the government squeaked it out. This affects ALL provincial government employees in some way.

It is NOT a thing, especially in Alberta (the government hates its employees).
    As he mentioned, this affects at least 70,000 people in Alberta. 70,000 tax payers. 70,000 people who have families and people that depend on their income to survive. The average wage in Alberta has gone up 13% in the last 3 years, but most government employees havent seen an increase at all.

And I would say Govt Management hates its employees.
    Koenigsegg, what started as a dream just blew your doors off.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by DEATH2000
    The average wage in Alberta has gone up 13% in the last 3 years, but most government employees havent seen an increase at all.
    Can you cite your source about this 13%? Because I had a look at some numbers, and it seems that Gov't employees are leading the way in increases with an average of 5% increase last year...

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tabl...abr69j-eng.htm
    Last edited by codetrap; 11-29-2013 at 07:16 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

You honestly know so little about what you are talking about it's humorous.

Well, I've bargained a collective agreement on the Provincial Government Union side, sat on committee for four years and learned exactly how the Union executive operates and how they handle wage negotiations (as in worked, specifically and directly, on wage negotations). I've also worked on the transition of a branch of executive Government into a stand alone Crown Corp. alongside my 12 years working for Provincial Government. That's the experience my opinion is based on.

I'd consider that a pretty in depth inside view of how things operate. Granted, I'm speaking with a broad brush and my opinion certain isn't true across the board but, it is true of the general overall state of Union Government.

Would you care to elaborate on why, specifically, I have no idea what I'm talking about? And honestly, even if I am talking out of my ass, at least it's with direct experience in, and exposure to, all the elements involved.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 11-29-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast