Quantcast
Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Default Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill

Between the 3 communities, which one has the most expensive homes? I did notice that Kincora does not have a 3 car garage homes. I talked to my Brother in law who lives in Kincora obviously said Kincora has more expensive homes then Evanston and sage hill.
    “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.”

My Ride
    Grimace

I think each of the three have a range of homes from $ to $$$. Probably Kincora has nicer ones ($$$) but then sage hill for example has houses backing onto the natural area which are like ~$700k iirc?
    Evanston is about the same though but then there is also evansridge, sage meadows and nolan hill in those areas also.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Default Re: Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill

Originally posted by R!zz0
    Between the 3 communities, which one has the most expensive homes? I did notice that Kincora does not have a 3 car garage homes. I talked to my Brother in law who lives in Kincora obviously said Kincora has more expensive homes then Evanston and sage hill.
    On average, Kincora should be more expensive than the other two communities.

Kincora

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

I won't comment on which area is most expensive, but Kincora does have 3-car garage homes. I have seen several, including my next door neighbour.

Oh and Kincora has ravine lots as well, my walkout house backs onto one. Although I believe Sage Hill and certain parts of Evanston (Evansridge) has greenspaces they back onto as well.

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Originally posted by mrsingh
    but Kincora does have 3-car garage homes. I have seen several, including my next door neighbour.
    Where abouts?
    Last edited by R!zz0; 12-03-2013 at 01:49 PM.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

there are three car garage houses in Evanston iirc. But if you are gonna spend that much, why limit yourself to those three communities.

My Ride
    Lexus/Toyota

Where abouts?
    Off the top of my head I have seen the three car garage wide houses on Kincora Point and Kincora Bay. There are a lot of others that have the a double with an extra tandem stall to make it a triple.

on average Kincora....pretty hard to get into the neighbourhood for under $400K where as evanston and sage hill have entry level homes available in the $300's....that being said I think Evansridge has some very pricey homes along the ridge in the $700+ range

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Default Re: Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill

Why are you concerned with which area has the more expensive homes? If you are shopping for one in the area, it should be based on your personal taste, not based on price. I'm in Sage Hill and I chose it because I got a lot across the street from a park.

Just my 2 cents

My Ride
    4Runner

Default Re: Re: Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill

Originally posted by Asian_defender

Why are you concerned with which area has the more expensive homes? If you are shopping for one in the area, it should be based on your personal taste, not based on price. I'm in Sage Hill and I chose it because I got a lot across the street from a park.

Just my 2 cents
    This. Kincora is the most established of these three communities right now, so it makes sense the homes would be more expensive. Both Evanston and Sage Hill are building new shopping centres, and Evanston two new schools. Once this work is complete I would expect homes to be quite comparable (Evanston possibly a bump due to presence of schools).

My Ride
    A Slow Car

Default Re: Re: Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill

Originally posted by Asian_defender

Just my 2 cents
    I know two people that live in Kincora told me that you can't compare Kincora to Sage hill and Evanston. I am curious why they're saying that. All 3 communities have acres of greenspace, future school site, playgrounds and walking paths. So why is Kincora a better area?

Of the 3, I prefer Kincora because it's slightly older and closer to downtown. I think most homes in Kinora are around $500k, where in Sage Hill and Evanston, you can find homes around $300k-$400k.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

From what I remember (and my opinion) Evanston has higher end homes on the Ridge with Triple garages, but also has a bunch of homes with detached garages and back alleys - quite the mix. Some detached triples also

Sage Hill always had slightly lower price point than Kincora, and there Nolan was lower still initially.

Also Sherwood is also similar to Kincora and pricing generally falls in line with it. Several triple garages in Sherwood though.

All are fairly similar when it comes down to it and have similar access.

Default Re: Re: Re: Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill

I know two people that live in Kincora told me that you can't compare Kincora to Sage hill and Evanston. I am curious why they're saying that. All 3 communities have acres of greenspace, future school site, playgrounds and walking paths. So why is Kincora a better area?
    They're just saying it because they live there

They don't want to say they live in a "worse" area

My Ride
    4Runner

Originally posted by variable_x
    Of the 3, I prefer Kincora because it's slightly older and closer to downtown. I think most homes in Kinora are around $500k, where in Sage Hill and Evanston, you can find homes around $300k-$400k.
    Kincora would be very slightly closer to downtown than Evanston, if at all (Evanston is immediately east, across Symons Valley Road). I do like that it is more established though.

Sherwood was brought up, I think that it would be a step above all of these communities in house prices/sizes.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

Default Re: Re: Re: Kincora, Evanston and Sage Hill

In all 3 areas your going to see homes in the 399 range as well as homes in the 700k range.

I've seen homes in Kincora go for $400 just as much as I've seen homes in Evanston/Sage Hill for $400. There's always going to be the person who just doesn't care about upgrades and go with base specs when they build the home.

Kincora being the oldest community of the 3 may be a little more developed so prices might be ~5% higher but I can see Sage and Evanston catching up after a few years

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Yeah. As mentioned, there isn't that much of a difference but Kincora presently will have a slight advantage overall in value due to it being more established. The nicer exterior stone finishing on every house in the community does make it feel a bit more upscale and uniform to me, but whether that increases value for someone is quite subjective.

Commute was horrible today.. I hate living in Evanston !

My Ride
    TDi

Normal time to get to look from Sage = 15mins

Today = 30 mins
    GO FLAMES GO!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast