Quantcast
Whats..."failing to provide sufficent room to manouver?" - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats..."failing to provide sufficent room to manouver?"

My Ride
    NC1

^^^

Yea you are basically responsible for everyone in front of you.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by TheStigz
    So the question being..

would this be a following to close ticket thats priced at $175? just worded differently and priced differently.

also the section of the ticket is not 2a (My fault I was on the phone with her and mis-heard) Its 9(a)

Questioning on the demerits..and the ticket itself.. as the google search for this ticket is not existant. The following close is.. but the prices are completly different.

Insurance.. Oh God. helping her sort through this mess is difficult enough... They have to talk to all parties involved.. They said.. her front will be 50% covered by the guy who hit her and sent her car forward again.. What a nightmare.
    No, it's not a follow too close charge. It's different in many ways. Suffice to say, the charge is because she allegedly didn't leave enough space to complete a stop, not because she was travelling too close to the vehicle in front.

It's 9(a) of Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation. I write this when I believe I have evidence that a person didn't maintain an allowance for a safe stopping distance whether in an emergency or otherwise, and I believe that the lack of sufficient space caused them to collide with the person in front of them.

There may be a few demerits associated, but I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by Xtrema

If someone hit you and as a result you hit someone, you are still at fault.
    Nope, generally speaking if you are at a complete stop and then are hit (from behind) causing you to hit the car in front of you, everything gets charged back to the person at the back of a line. The key point being that you were at a complete stop before being hit.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Need one of CPS members to chime in before all the armchair critics get out of hand and start another virtual 'bigger penis' war.

Ninja edit - CPS can only provide what they would do, how insurance might handle is another matter.
    Last edited by speedog; 12-04-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
    Nope, generally speaking if you are at a complete stop and then are hit (from behind) causing you to hit the car in front of you, everything gets charged back to the person at the back of a line. The key point being that you were at a complete stop before being hit.
    I thought that is still stopping to close. You should leave enough room in front of you that you don't hit another car? I just remember being taught that at AMA

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Interesting.

My ex gf was involved in a 5 car pileup a decade ago. She was the 4th person in. She was responsible for 3, 2, & 1. The 5th was responsible for all. Got a wee bit confusing lol I guess depends on the circumstances?!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by schocker

I thought that is still stopping to close. You should leave enough room in front of you that you don't hit another car? I just remember being taught that at AMA
    Within reason I would offer - stopping a foot or two away from the vehicle in front of you, yupp you're setting yourself up IMHO.. But if you've left 8 feet and someone rear-ends you at 60kph and pushes you into the vehicle in front of you, then the rules probably change - I suspect the police look at the conditions and make a determination of what would be a reasonable distance to stop behind the vehicle in front of you. 3-4 feet in icy conditions - unreasonable, dunno, CPS's call for one.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Not true at all in quite a few different scenarios.

How would you be at fault if you stopped 50 yards back from the person in front of you, yet a speed demon smacks into you at 100mph sending you 50 years ahead to smack into the other vehicle. 50 yards or 5 yards, if you are stopped, anything that forces you to move is then responsible for your car's actions after.

Another one, if you are on the highway passing another vehicle, and the vehicle behind you hits you, and you lose control (think PIT manoeuvre) and you hit another vehicle, it is still the other persons fault, and their insurance would cover it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by phil98z24

There may be a few demerits associated, but I can't remember off the top of my head, sorry.
    Is there a place where one can look this type of info up? I have googles high and low and there seems to be no list of charges with the associated demerit points.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by Tomaz

Is there a place where one can look this type of info up? I have googles high and low and there seems to be no list of charges with the associated demerit points.
    There's this but it doesn't cover everything

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/2174.htm

^^^ that's the one I'm thinking of. I'm thinking it'll be in the area of 2 points - but I'm not sure, as follow too close is 4 points and they are similar, but not the same.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by max_boost

Interesting.

My ex gf was involved in a 5 car pileup a decade ago. She was the 4th person in. She was responsible for 3, 2, & 1. The 5th was responsible for all. Got a wee bit confusing lol I guess depends on the circumstances?!
    The only way I could see her being liable at all would be if she hit the pile and was then hit from behind herself, in essence creating two impacts to the pile. If she came to a complete stop first and was then smacked, she shouldn't be liable in any way. With that said though, multi-vehicle pileups can often be a mess to sort out.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Should write such tickets to fucktards who close the gap the second they see a signal light
    Yup, A fucker did that to me a couple of years ago when I was pulling my work trailer. I simply continued changing lanes, last I saw of him he was sliding sideways across the boulevard and straight into a sign post. Almost guilty. Almost.

Oops, double post
    Last edited by Vinman; 12-05-2013 at 10:20 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Baaaaad advice.

Turns out this was established several posts ago.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 12-05-2013 at 11:02 PM.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

That's pretty stupid. The mass/speed of the vehicle who hits you has more to do with whether you hit someone as a result. What if you left room for a mini to hit you but happen to get rear ended by an f350 carrying a load of concrete?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I think it depends though. If I leave two full car lengths of space while driving a civic and get rear ended by a 3/4 ton. I'm fucking going into the car in front of me no doubt.

Originally posted by pheoxs

I think it depends though. If I leave two full car lengths of space while driving a civic and get rear ended by a 3/4 ton. I'm fucking going into the car in front of me no doubt.
    At that point I doubt you'll be too concerned about insurance and fault

I was in a pile-up on Glenmore recently and was issued the fine of "failure to ascertain proper distance" (was in the middle of the pileup). Someone had cut off the driver at the front of the line, causing her to slam her brakes and create a chain reaction (10 cars).

Everyone in the accident who had rear-ended someone was given the same fine. I too thought that this was the same as "following too closely" and thought that I would receive 4 demerits, but I saw a crown prosecuter recently to try and reduce/nullify(lol) the ticket and he told me that the two aren't related. Following too closely is the same thing as tailgating and gets you 4 demerits and around a $400 fine. The ticket I received was a fine only (no demerits). He told me that the officer had given me the lowest possible fine for the accident, so he wasn't able to do anything to reduce it.

Since the fine was $115 and my insurance company told me that my premium wouldn't increase as a result (we'll see), I just plead guilty and paid the fine (getting downtown is a pain-in-the-ass, so it wasn't worth it for me to plead not guilty, schedule a trial and go back down there). My dash cam failed as well, leaving me with little evidence to help my case.

Hope this helps.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

What was your defense going to be?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast