Quantcast
Post your "I got screwed over" stories - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your "I got screwed over" stories

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

In Junior high sold my skateboard to some dude for $50 bucks. He gave me $20 and said he would pay me back the rest later when he gets his allowance from his grandma...never saw the money, threatened the kid and he went to the principal, so eventually I just gave up, not a violent person, but I was in grade 9 and he was in 7.....so could have easily bullied him

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

The Canadian Government decided that if I pay cash for something and the change due ends in < $0.02, that the retailer should get to keep my money.

I don't care that it's $0.02, it's MY money. No one should get any of it unless I allow it.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 01:04 AM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by ga16i
    The Canadian Government decided that if I pay cash for something and the change due ends in &lt; $0.02, that the retailer should get to keep my money.

I don't care that it's $0.02, it's MY money. No one should get any of it unless I allow it.
    And if you buy something that is 10.02$ you don't have to pay the two cents.

In the long run it averages out fair (minus those chinese food places in the mall that just round down for everything).

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by ga16i
    The Canadian Government decided that if I pay cash for something and the change due ends in &lt; $0.02, that the retailer should get to keep my money.

You do realize that in other instances you get a 2c discount right...so in theory it kind of balances out?

EDIT: DOH...seems like 2 people said the same thing in the span of me typing this very short post

1. Pay for all transactions that are to round up with a CC or Interac. Then you pay the exact amount.

2. Pay for all transactions that are to round down with cash.

By doing this you are beating the system and by the end of the year you'll probably have enough to by a beer.

Had low air in one of my tires so I pulled into a gas station only to realize they charged $2 to use the compressor. Couldn't sleep that night because I felt so taken advantage of.

Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Had low air in one of my tires so I pulled into a gas station only to realize they charged $2 to use the compressor. Couldn't sleep that night because I felt so taken advantage of.
    I refuse to pay for air. I just started going to Co-op gas stations and then I finally just broke down and bought a compressor for home. No way I'm paying $2.00 for air. It's like buying water.

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Yup, I'm aware that the rounding works the other way as well. But those wouldn't be stories where I got screwed over. I would be the screwer rather than the screwee in that instance.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

I'm currently sitting in a hotel where internet is $9.95 per day - the most recent rip-off I've experienced

Once I bought a pot brownie and I don't think there was any pot in it.

Back when I knew nothing about computers I went to Visions to buy a printer on sale. It was like $44 which was the cheapest I'd ever seen at the time for a color printer. Sales guy is like, " So you already have a printer cable then?" I tell him no and why the fuck doesn't it come with one. So he takes me over to the cables section and hands me this 5ft printer cable for FORTY GOD DAMN DOLLARS. I told him WTF and why so expensive and he's like, " That's what they cost and you'll need one if you want to use the printer". So I bought the fucking cable, I figured it must be something special because it's thick and had huge gold ends. What the hell it'll be the last printer cable I'll ever need right?

Get home and after everything is set up and working I start playing some Ultima Online when my buddy ICQ's me. I told him I got this awesome printer for cheap but the cable cost nearly as much as the fuckin' printer. So he's like, " Fuck man that must be a 50' cable!". I'm like, "No, it's 5ft". He starts loling me and all caps, " YOU CAN GET A 5FT PRINTER CABLE AT NORTHLANDS RADIOSHACK FOR $6!!! ". And I'm like, " BUT IT'S GOT THESE HUGE GOLD ENDS! ". And he's like, " THEY ALL HAVE HUGE GOLD ENDS! "

So fuck Visions. 1997 is the last time I set foot in one of their stores. Dirtier sales tactics than ScamsAround.

My Ride
    09 hyundai accent hatch

I had a item on Ebay and a buyer asked me to ship it using just regular mail so I would be cheaper(was a hockey card) thinking it would be ok I did and a day after I told him it was shipped he sent a claim in stating that he never got the item and seller refused to provide tracking number. The jerk got a Henrik sedin Upper deck double black diamond card for free. I have been asked once or twice more but refused both times.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    08 Suzuki SX4,06 Nissan Titan

Originally posted by khanan

from urbanD:

Acronym for &quot;Multiple Shots on Goal.&quot; When a prostitute allows multiple ejaculations for one fee
    &quot;I think that whore really loved me. She allowed MSOG&quot;

AHEM....back to topic before I see this:

I got scammed once, there was a ps3 80bg for 100 bucks on kijiji. This was about 3-4 years ago. This seemed unreal, it was an extremely good deal since they were being sold for 600. The ad said that it was a gift that he didn't want.

I call the guy and get a location and time. I go there, to find out that it was a tim hortons. He told me it was close to his house, so I waited there for about 1.5 hours and called him numerous times. Guy finally picks up and says that he is at his gf's house and I can go there and get it. At this point I should have cussed like crazy and left the deal since he was bs-ing, but the 16 year old naive me was dumb enough to fall for it again. I couldn't possibly walk away from a deal that good.

I get on the c-train go across town and reach some apartments. Call the guy, he picks up after sometime. Tell him I'm here for ps3. Tells me, what ps3? and shuts phone off.

I call numerous times, decide not to leave voicemail as I was very angry. I could have said something stupid and could have made an even dumber mistake. Kept it cool, said thanks and went back home.

I was out for almost 4-5 hours in january. Learned my lesson the hard way, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

similar deal on a ps3. $100 for it on kijiji. I get to the guys house he fires it up and shows me it and lets me play around.

It seems to work well for the one game he had (red dead redemption) I buy it and take it home and put in Killzone... well that didn't work so I try MGS4 still no dice. but Red dead redemption worked. I believe the guy had red dead redemption installed on his HDD when it stopped reading disks so that's how I got scammed while doing my due diligence.

I still have the ps3 works well comes with 1 game $100obo

I once went to a famous cafe in Seattle that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. Assuming that such a famous fucking resaturant would make everything from raw ingredients, my brother and I were both torn over whethger to get the breakfast burrito or the corned beef hash... do we decided to order both and split them. When our plates arrived, the waitress set a MASSIVE, killer breakfast burrito down in front of my brother, and a shitty pile of CANNED corned beef hash in front of me... it sersioulsy smelled like dog food, and my brother being my brother then refused to share.

My Ride
    It's wind powered

Originally posted by master hec0

similar deal on a ps3. $100 for it on kijiji. I get to the guys house he fires it up and shows me it and lets me play around.

It seems to work well for the one game he had (red dead redemption) I buy it and take it home and put in Killzone... well that didn't work so I try MGS4 still no dice. but Red dead redemption worked. I believe the guy had red dead redemption installed on his HDD when it stopped reading disks so that's how I got scammed while doing my due diligence.

I still have the ps3 works well comes with 1 game $100obo
    Ah man that sucks lol. So, it is only good for downloadable games then, but honestly I feel that the games on hdd tend to lag a little bit. But maybe my ps3 is getting old

One thing I realized, Always familiarize yourself before buying ANYTHING. It will save you lots of time and the post-purchase stress. Weather it's a car or an ipod, I just hate the feeling of not being able to do anything after one gets scammed.
    Happiness starts at 3000 rpm.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

I bought this primo very high end, high power car audio amp on this car audio forum a number of years ago, (probably 9-10 now). Its much like Beyond, only entirely centered on Car audio, and on a North American scale. I paid for the amp via cheque (including postage to send it to me). Weeks and weeks go by, nothing. So I email him numerous times, and finally get a response after threatening legal action. This was a long time ago before any of the etransfer/paypal things we have now.

This went back and forth a number of times. I still to this day have his name and address.... and I've always been wanting to pay a visit down to Boynton Beach Florida to pay a visit to this lovely chap. after all this
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 12-05-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

About 10 years my then boyfriend (now husband) got a tip about a car this guy was getting. Basically this guy would act as the middle man for us and get this car for about $5000 but we could easily turn it around and re-sell it for $7 or $8,000, all he needed was a $500 deposit.
    So we fell for the scam. It walked like a duck, talked like a duck, was a duck.

Eventually he agreed to give us back the $500 when dates came and went for us to get the car and nothing materialized for a few weeks, he agreed to meet up and then never showed, you name it - he jerked us around.
    That is forever in my head anytime i meet anyone. I always expect the other person now to be trying to screw me over.

I feel like all cabbies are damn scammers. I have got in some heated situations with some before. It is only $5-$20 scams usually but it's the principle.

Overseas in Portugal the cabbies would always max out the people in the car option to jump the fee. I would return the favour by only pay 10 euros even if it was supposed to be a 30 euro ride and tell them "don't try and scam tourists, go fuck yourself." Wasn't too worried about getting the cops called on me.

In LA a cabbie "missed" the freeway after we told him which route to take. This ended up doubling the cab cost. Once we got to the hotel I threw him what we should have paid and told him to fuck off. He got out yelling and our door man was about to kick his ass when I told him what happened. He left quickly.

In Dubai multiple times cabbies try to take odd routes to up fares. I only go to 3 or 4 places while there so know exactly what it should cost and all the routes. If they take the wrong routes I pay them what it would cost for the quick route and tell them not to take advantage of people. Once a dude chased me in the mall yelling. Doesn't really bother me, told him to call the cops and waste his time waiting.

Could list some more but I think you get the point. Hate cabs, absolutely hate them.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I got screwed out of a handjob in a back alley in north Lethbridge. Or, I got screwed out of $55, depending on how you look at it.

I left my truck at one bar and went to another. I didn't drink though and didn't feel like paying for a cab so I walked from the second back to the first to get my truck and go home. Along the way I start to notice a van seems to be following me. It's ahead of me, behind me, going up and down alleys. Really weird.

Then a young woman meets me on the sidewalk, about a block from my truck. She asks me where I'm going, and I told her I'm going home. She asks if she can walk with me but I told her it was a long way away and that was that. So now we're right beside my truck and I can't just jump in it now, so I kept walking for another couple blocks, and double back through the alley. Just as I'm slipping out of the alley into the parking lot, I see the van roll by again so I quickly darted back into the shadows for a few minutes. Once I was sure the van was gone I again went into the parking lot. I unlocked my truck with the remote, and I hear the girl on the other side asking me what I'm doing.

For reasons I can't explain, a second time I didn't just jump in my truck and leave. So again I tell the girl I'm just walking home and she again asks me if she can walk with me. This time I say fine, walk for a while. Then she asks me if I have any money. I ask her why, and she says maybe we ought to go talk about it in the alley. Now I start to think about a connection between her and the van, and we're a few blocks from my truck now, and I realize maybe I should play ball a little bit here. I can deal with her. The van is a whole bunch of unknown.

She asks me if I have $40. I tell her I do. She starts reaching in her purse, and at this point I'm sure she's either going to pull out a badge or a blade. But instead she pulls out a condom. So I'm like, okay, I'm not going to fuck some random northside weirdo even with a bag, but she can jerk me off for $40. So I hand her the money, and then it turned out it wasn't two twenties in my pocket, it was a ten and a five. I tried to reason with her that $15 for a handy wasn't a bad deal if $40 was to fuck, but she won't have any of it and she pulls out her phone. She tells whoever she was calling that she didn't get enough money.

Okay, so this is a bigger fuck up that I thought it was going to be. Now I'm really starting to wonder about that van, and who she's calling, and who or what is in that van. There's an ATM across the street so I'll go get $40. My idea is that we're still going to do this. That gets her off the phone and buys me some time. So we go across the street to the ATM, and I take out another $40. She grabbed that and it went right into her pocket, with the original $15. So I said to her let's peel into another alley, you got your money, let's get weird. She says no, it's $60 now. For a handjob. Now I'm kind of starting to get pissed off, because this is a real bullshit deal. But then I realized I wasn't holding any cards because she got on the phone again, and gave the address of where we were at.

I can manage a whore. That's just a money problem. But that fucking van, and now an address. At this point I know my money is gone, one way or another, but I make one last play for that handjob. Mostly now just out of principle. Of course she says no, not until we get to her dealer who was really close, like one or two streets over. So I said to her good luck on your future thefts, and ran like a motherfucker. I hoped I wouldn't see that van again, and I didn't, and I got in my truck and hauled ass home.

That is how I got screwed over.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast