Quantcast
Your f&f memories - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Your f&f memories

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Default Your f&f memories

Based on the recent news, and the fact that it is showing up everywhere, I thought I would post a bit more positive thread about fast and the furious. I rewatched a couple of the movies recently, and remembered some great times catching them in theatres.

The first movie came out just after I left high school, I caught it opening night at sunridge and remember the biggest collection of poorly modified cars I had seen in my life (my car included). As expected there were LOADS of cops lined up after waiting to snag people as they left the theatre. I remember laughing throughout the movie at some of the lines which became very quotable at beyond meets for years to follow.

The other that really stands out was going to Tokyo drift in shawnessey with caker, and alpha. Expectations were obviously quite low going in but I was surprised at how far it had come as a franchise compared with the other two, despite not having the "normal" main characters for a majority of the movie. As expected there were all kinds of terrible lines to be quoted for years to come...
    This beast's got 500-horsepower and a Borla exhaust system. It does 0-60 in what, 4.3 seconds?
    Wow. You can read the brochure.

Anyways, it seems like a lot of people were really connected with the franchise, it was a series with many faults, but it really did help build car communities. I'm interested to hear how everyone else experienced the movies.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Had a friend drag me to see the first one after he had already seen it multiple times in the theatre and I was hooked immediately. Started researching what my first car purchase would be right after and during that search I stumbled on beyond and the rest is history hah. Without the movie franchise I would have never gotten involved in this scene and wouldn’t have never met so many awesome people along the way.

To this day there isn’t a movie I’ve seen more times than the original F&F.

“No one likes the tuna asshole”
    “Too soon junior”
    “You owe me a 10 second car”
    “You can have any beer as long as it’s a corona”
    “I live my life a quarter mile at a time”

Fucking golden…. Might have to pop in the DVD tonight.

My Ride
    V8s

Watched all six movies with my gf over the course of Oct/Nov actually. Love them all, in their own ways. I actually really liked Tokyo Drift; maybe cause I can relate to the redneck main character a bit

Couple memories are watching 2F2F when I was in high school. Being so pumped during the opening credits when the UNIVERSAL globe logo starts hoppin' around like its on hydros, and the bass drops in the opening song..
    Then I remember driving like an absolute retard leaving the theatre in my '91 accord with a potato chucker exhaust and 2-12"s in the trunk

My love of cars started way before this movie franchise, but it's undoubtedly been incredibly influential in helping the tuning scene blow up.

Originally posted by 88CRX

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

I'd just love how the whole theatre was a full out sausage
    Party mixed in with the gf's that didn't want to be there and
    Then the post movie racing that every car there did out of the
    Parking lot and down the street.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

My first memory was the release of the first movie. I was younger then, and had more hair, lol I had a good relationship with Universal studio's at that time, and got to see the movie 3 month's early, before most others.

For opening night (in Edmonton, South Common), we had a large car show there and models, giving away all kinds of goodies Universal had sent me for promotions......posters, t shirts, air freasheners, pen, bandana's, girl's tee tops and so on, LoL

It was a big night!!! I still think i have some of those original posters around
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    2008 Z06

I was blown away with the first one, just because I'd never seen a movie like it.
    "DANGER TO MANIFOLD" is my favorite, then the floor pan falls out. haha.

I got into domestic muscle after. When they had a Buick GN in one, I was pumped to go see it again.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by 88CRX
    Had a friend drag me to see the first one after he had already seen it multiple times in the theatre and I was hooked immediately. Started researching what my first car purchase would be right after and during that search I stumbled on beyond and the rest is history hah. Without the movie franchise I would have never gotten involved in this scene and wouldn’t have never met so many awesome people along the way.

To this day there isn’t a movie I’ve seen more times than the original F&F.

“No one likes the tuna asshole”
    “Too soon junior”
    “You owe me a 10 second car”
    “I live my life a quarter mile at a time”

Fucking golden…. Might have to pop in the DVD tonight.
    Yep. Absolutely.

Love that movie. Insta-classic for me!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by Deetz
    My first memory was the release of the first movie. I was younger then, and had more hair, lol I had a good relationship with Universal studio's at that time, and got to see the movie 3 month's early, before most others.

For opening night (in Edmonton, South Common), we had a large car show there and models, giving away all kinds of goodies Universal had sent me for promotions......posters, t shirts, air freasheners, pen, bandana's, girl's tee tops and so on, LoL

It was a big night!!! I still think i have some of those original posters around
    Too funny. I vaguely remember I was at South Common opening night with a bunch of buddies.

IIRC the original F&F was before the inception of beyond.ca. Most of us were members on albertacars.net at the time.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Just the black '69 Charger...

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    K20A2

My favourite part is Paul walker in 2 fast 2 furious entering in with the nitourous purge I didn't know what that was first until further research and jordanna Brewster is sexy as hell makes f and f even better
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    It's wind powered

Everything until fast and furious (2009).

I kinda felt like the new movies didn't focus a lot on tuning and making cars and such, like the old ones. They focused on other areas a lot
    Happiness starts at 3000 rpm.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Originally posted by 2000impreza

Too funny. I vaguely remember I was at South Common opening night with a bunch of buddies.

IIRC the original F&F was before the inception of beyond.ca. Most of us were members on albertacars.net at the time.
    I was on 403honda but I can't remember if beyond was running or not at the time of F&F1.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Beyond was a year after the first F&F hit theaters. We were all on abcars at that time.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

WABAKI

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

My favourite lines that haven't been mentioned yet

It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car.
    Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
    If you want time, buy the magazine!
    Why don't you try Fat Burger from now on? You can get yourself a cheese and fries for 2.95, faggot!

And my favvy

Spirit. Thank you. Thank you for providing us with the direct-port nitrous... uh... injection, four-core intercoolers, an' ball-bearing turbos, and... um... titanium valve springs. Thank you.

AMEN!

Favourite f&f related moment, going to universal studies a few months after the movie came out and seeing all the cars from the movie. They had this area with the Supra, Jetta, RX-7, Charger and the M-class Mercedes from Jurassic Park 2 for some reason. My brother and I spent hours looking at them
    Last edited by btimbit; 12-05-2013 at 11:02 PM.

I remember mildly enjoying the first few (eventually I grew to love them) and when the next movie came out, I said to my brother 'I don't know if I am gonna see it', to which my brother replied, 'are you kidding me!? Look at the size of your exhaust, THEN tell me you won't be watching it'! He won me over.

My exhaust at the time (Apex N1 3'' on my SR20 240)

My Ride
    DC2

Gave me my avatar. I do find myself using f&f quotes multiple times a week.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

The first FnF was such a huge part of my (our) childhood. Without it, I'd never be so hooked on cars and meet so many friends along the way.

We thought about naming our hockey team Fast and Furious when we first started about 2 years ago. Using quotes from the movie as our name plate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast